Finance your next holiday, consolidate your debts or pay for education costs - whatever the purpose, an FCCS Unsecured Personal Loan might be worth considering.
There are a few reasons people choose to take out unsecured loans, including the fact that they are often more flexible and suitable for a range of purposes compared to other types of loans. Borrowers may take them out to consolidate existing credit card or loan debt, they may want to use the loan to make renovations on their home, or they could even pay for a holiday. An unsecured personal loan from FCCS can help you finance any of these things, plus offers you a range of flexible features and a competitive variable rate.
Things to consider
|Product Name||FCCS Unsecured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 10.95% (variable)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||11.27%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$20,000|
- FCCS was awarded first place in the Money Magazine ‘Best of the Best’ awards for the Superfund Maximiser account in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Features of the FCCS Unsecured Personal Loan
- Interest rate. The loan offers a flexible variable interest rate that can help you take advantage of favourable conditions in the market.
- Loan amount.The minimum loan amount is $1,000 and the maximum amount is $20,000.
- Choice of repayments. You can choose to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments to line up with your pay frequency.
- Additional repayments. You are able to make additional repayments without penalty, including lump sum payments.
- Free transactions. This loan lets you make free ATM and EFTPOS transactions.
- Free redraws. If you choose to make additional repayments you have the option of redrawing on these payments, free of charge.
Loan Protection Insurance
FCCS also offers you the option of taking out Loan Protection Insurance in order to cover your repayments should something happen. Here is a breakdown of how the cover works:
- Life cover. Available for a maximum of $100,000, this cover will pay off the outstanding amount of your loan in the event of your death.
- Trauma cover. This offers automatic cover of $10,000, but you can increase this amount up to $50,000. If you are diagnosed with specified medical conditions or illnesses, such as a heart attack or stroke, your loan amount will be paid up to the amount of cover you have selected.
- Disability cover. You will be covered in the event you are unable to work due to illness or injury, with 1/30th of your minimum monthly repayment covered until you return to work.
- Involuntary Unemployment cover. If you involuntarily lose your job, 1/30th of your minimum monthly repayment will be paid for up to 120 days or until you return to work, whichever occurs first.
How to apply for this personal loan
If you would like to apply for this loan from FCCS, you can follow the secure link on this page to the online application form. To be eligible for the loan you will need to be over the age of 18, an Australian resident and have a permanent monthly income and a stable job. You will also need to become a member of FCCS. You will need the following documents and information when you apply:
- Proof of identity. You will not need to prove your identity on application, but you will need your Credit Union membership number if you are already a member and details of your current address if you have not lived there for the past two years.
- Proof of income. Income details, two copies of recent payslips or a letter from your employer confirming your income and employment status, current Centrelink details if applicable and tax returns from the last two years if you are self-employed.
- Employment details. You will need to provide your current employer’s details including name, address and phone number. If you have not been in your current job for three years you will also need to provide details of your previous employment.
- Assets and liabilities. You will need to provide details about your bank accounts, shares, insurance and other personal assets, as well as financial statements for any other loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc.
- Other details. If the loan is for debt consolidation you will need to provide current statements of all existing loans and credit cards, plus you will need to obtain a payout figure from the lender.