DirectMoney Unsecured Personal Loan
A personal loan of up to $35,000 with a tailored interest rate.
Use your great credit history to secure a lower interest rate with DirectMoney. You can apply for an unsecured personal loan from $5,000 and pay it off at your personalised interest rate.
From 8.5% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||DirectMoney Unsecured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 8.5% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||9.36%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$35,000|
Main points to consider about DirectMoney
A personal loan from DirectMoney is unsecured, so can be used to for a number of purposes including financing a car or consolidating debt. Loan amounts of between $5,000 and $35,000 are available.
Comparison rates start at 9.36% p.a. The actual rate you receive will depend on your credit history. You cannot have any negative listings on your credit file to apply for a DirectMoney personal loan.
Features of a DirectMoney personal loan
- Loan purpose. As it's unsecured, you can take out a personal loan from DirectMoney to finance a range of purposes.
- Loan amount. You’re able to borrow between $5,000 and $35,000.
- Loan terms. Repayments can be made according to 3 years or 5 years terms.
- Making repayments. You’ll need to set up a monthly direct debit to cover your repayments.
- Early repayments. Want to pay out your loan early? You can do so without worrying about an early repayment fee.
- Interest rate. DirectMoney calculates your interest rate in a different way to the majority of other Australian personal loan providers. Available interest rates start from 8.5% p.a., but this may not be the rate you are approved for. Depending on your credit history, you may be approved for a rate anywhere up to 19.95% DirectMoney offers three interest rate bands; silver, gold and platinum. An interest rate of 8.5% p.a. is offered to those in the platinum band, with rates working on a sliding scale from there.
- Fees. This loan comes with a few fees to be aware of. While there are no account-keeping or early repayment fees, there is an establishment fee of $595. There is also a late payment fee of $25.
How to apply for a DirectMoney personal loan
If you’d like to apply for a personal loan from DirectMoney, you can click "Go to Site" to get the application process started. Ensure you meet the below eligibility criteria before you apply.
You’ll need to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Be employed and earning a gross income over $30,000 p.a.
- Not have had any credit problems in the last seven years
- Earn a minimum gross annual income of $30,000
The application process should take about ten minutes to complete. You’ll need to undergo an online credit check, bank record analysis and have your identity verified.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a variable rate between p.a. and 16.40 p.a. based on your risk profile
A flexible loan with amounts from $2,001 and terms starting from 6 months. Interest and comparison rates calculated for a loan term of 3 years.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 28.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 8.95% p.a. and 16.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
Apply for loans from $5,000 and get a dedicated loan manager. No security required. Note: Applicants approved before 31 December 2019 will receive a special offer $200 Coles Gift Card.