Coinbase coupon codes | June 2021
How do I get free bitcoin?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Get US$10 (AUD$13.15) of bitcoin for free, while simultaneously getting started with one of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges.
It might not sound like much, but US$10 is equivalent to a 1% commission on a US$1,000 transaction. That’s more of a difference than you’ll find when comparing different exchanges.
It’s also bitcoin, so it might be worth a lot more than US$10 pretty soon. On top of that, Coinbase is an extremely large, safe and popular exchange that offers several of the highest market cap cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
If you’re looking for somewhere to buy cryptocurrency with Australian dollars, there’s a good chance that you’d end up at Coinbase anyway. You might as well sign up through here for some free bitcoin while you’re at it.
How do I claim my free bitcoin?
You will need to be a new customer signing up through the referral link. It won’t work if you don’t use the link.
After clicking on the link, all you need to do is place an order for a bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum purchase equivalent to US$100 (about AUD$131) or more within 180 days of creating your account.
Is Coinbase legitimate?
Yes, for many key reasons.
- It’s trustworthy. Coinbase is known as one of the world’s foremost cryptocurrency exchanges. It has millions of users and has operated for years with a good reputation.
- It operates in Australia. You can deal directly in Australian dollars without worrying about currency exchange fees.
- It accepts credit and debit card payments. It has simple and easy payment options that can be hard to find for Australian dollars.
- It offers several major cryptocurrencies. You can buy and invest in bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin on Coinbase. All of these are popular options.
- It’s extremely popular. More users mean more competitive prices and more options for buying.
- It has its own wallet app. You need a cryptocurrency wallet before you can get started, but Coinbase has its own mobile wallet for iPhone and Android. You can download it here in just a few seconds, just like any other app.
Before you sign up: The downsides of Coinbase
Free bitcoin is a good deal and Coinbase is a quality exchange, but there are a couple of downsides to Coinbase in Australia you should know about first. Make sure they work for you before signing up.
- Buying only. Currently, Coinbase in Australia only lets you buy bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. You will not be able to sell your coins over the app the way users in other countries can.
- Credit/debit card only. Currently Coinbase does not accept any other payment options. If you don’t have a card, then this might be a deal breaker.
If all this sounds good to you, all you have to do is click on the coupon code at the top of this page to get started.
Or you can learn more about everything first. Just remember to sign up through this page to get your free bitcoin.
It’s always worth making an informed decision.
You might also want to learn about the different cryptocurrencies and decide which one(s) to start with. You can get your gift bitcoin as long as you reach the US$100 buying amount, regardless of which you choose to buy.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
How to invest in the PEXA Group IPO
Everything we know about the PEXA Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to pick a proven budgeting strategy that works for you
We've compared 3 popular approaches to help sort your finances.
Property prices: You need a $100K deposit in every capital city – except this one
Saving a 20% deposit for the median priced property in most Australian cities is a 6-figure task.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert