Coinbase coupon codes | January 2021
How do I get free bitcoin?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Get US$10 (AUD$13.15) of bitcoin for free, while simultaneously getting started with one of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges.
It might not sound like much, but US$10 is equivalent to a 1% commission on a US$1,000 transaction. That’s more of a difference than you’ll find when comparing different exchanges.
It’s also bitcoin, so it might be worth a lot more than US$10 pretty soon. On top of that, Coinbase is an extremely large, safe and popular exchange that offers several of the highest market cap cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
If you’re looking for somewhere to buy cryptocurrency with Australian dollars, there’s a good chance that you’d end up at Coinbase anyway. You might as well sign up through here for some free bitcoin while you’re at it.
How do I claim my free bitcoin?
You will need to be a new customer signing up through the referral link. It won’t work if you don’t use the link.
After clicking on the link, all you need to do is place an order for a bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum purchase equivalent to US$100 (about AUD$131) or more within 180 days of creating your account.
Is Coinbase legitimate?
Yes, for many key reasons.
- It’s trustworthy. Coinbase is known as one of the world’s foremost cryptocurrency exchanges. It has millions of users and has operated for years with a good reputation.
- It operates in Australia. You can deal directly in Australian dollars without worrying about currency exchange fees.
- It accepts credit and debit card payments. It has simple and easy payment options that can be hard to find for Australian dollars.
- It offers several major cryptocurrencies. You can buy and invest in bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin on Coinbase. All of these are popular options.
- It’s extremely popular. More users mean more competitive prices and more options for buying.
- It has its own wallet app. You need a cryptocurrency wallet before you can get started, but Coinbase has its own mobile wallet for iPhone and Android. You can download it here in just a few seconds, just like any other app.
Before you sign up: The downsides of Coinbase
Free bitcoin is a good deal and Coinbase is a quality exchange, but there are a couple of downsides to Coinbase in Australia you should know about first. Make sure they work for you before signing up.
- Buying only. Currently, Coinbase in Australia only lets you buy bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. You will not be able to sell your coins over the app the way users in other countries can.
- Credit/debit card only. Currently Coinbase does not accept any other payment options. If you don’t have a card, then this might be a deal breaker.
If all this sounds good to you, all you have to do is click on the coupon code at the top of this page to get started.
Or you can learn more about everything first. Just remember to sign up through this page to get your free bitcoin.
It’s always worth making an informed decision.
You might also want to learn about the different cryptocurrencies and decide which one(s) to start with. You can get your gift bitcoin as long as you reach the US$100 buying amount, regardless of which you choose to buy.
More guides on Finder
Axie Infinity integrates Chainlink oracles for prices and VRF
With price feeds, verifiable on-chain randomness and more, blockchain games can get a lot of use out of oracles.
Review: CoinField cryptocurrency exchange
Learn more about the CoinField cryptocurrency exchange in this review.
Controversial INX token launch triggers derision, fear and introspection
Does Bitcoin have a healthy scepticism or an overactive immune system?
Gift Card Store discount codes and coupons January 2021
Check out these discount codes and see how much you could save on the gift of choice at Gift Card Store.
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralised finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
Beautopia discount codes and coupons January 2021 | FREE shipping over $99 for retail purchases
Beautopia has everything you need for your hair, skin, face and body. They have products in all the best brands.
Coinbase going public: A new way to get broad crypto exposure?
Most other public crypto companies are full Bitcoin but Coinbase not so much.
Gazman discount codes and coupons January 2021 | Up to 40% off sale
When it comes to great mens fashions and homewares you have gotta love Gazman. There is an online style guide too. Enjoy.
IOTA launches Pollen update: End of an era, start of another
From Pollen to Nectar to Honey, IOTA aims to find out how to commit coordicide, and get away with it.
How does life insurance work?
All your questions about life insurance answered. Find out how life insurance works and how to get the right cover for you.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert