Where to buy, sell and exchange Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Coinbase coupon codes | January 2022
How do I get free bitcoin?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Get US$10 (AUD$13.15) of bitcoin for free, while simultaneously getting started with one of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges.
It might not sound like much, but US$10 is equivalent to a 1% commission on a US$1,000 transaction. That’s more of a difference than you’ll find when comparing different exchanges.
It’s also bitcoin, so it might be worth a lot more than US$10 pretty soon. On top of that, Coinbase is an extremely large, safe and popular exchange that offers several of the highest market cap cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
If you’re looking for somewhere to buy cryptocurrency with Australian dollars, there’s a good chance that you’d end up at Coinbase anyway. You might as well sign up through here for some free bitcoin while you’re at it.
How do I claim my free bitcoin?
You will need to be a new customer signing up through the referral link. It won’t work if you don’t use the link.
After clicking on the link, all you need to do is place an order for a bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum purchase equivalent to US$100 (about AUD$131) or more within 180 days of creating your account.
Is Coinbase legitimate?
Yes, for many key reasons.
- It’s trustworthy. Coinbase is known as one of the world’s foremost cryptocurrency exchanges. It has millions of users and has operated for years with a good reputation.
- It operates in Australia. You can deal directly in Australian dollars without worrying about currency exchange fees.
- It accepts credit and debit card payments. It has simple and easy payment options that can be hard to find for Australian dollars.
- It offers several major cryptocurrencies. You can buy and invest in bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin on Coinbase. All of these are popular options.
- It’s extremely popular. More users mean more competitive prices and more options for buying.
- It has its own wallet app. You need a cryptocurrency wallet before you can get started, but Coinbase has its own mobile wallet for iPhone and Android. You can download it here in just a few seconds, just like any other app.
Before you sign up: The downsides of Coinbase
Free bitcoin is a good deal and Coinbase is a quality exchange, but there are a couple of downsides to Coinbase in Australia you should know about first. Make sure they work for you before signing up.
- Buying only. Currently, Coinbase in Australia only lets you buy bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. You will not be able to sell your coins over the app the way users in other countries can.
- Credit/debit card only. Currently Coinbase does not accept any other payment options. If you don’t have a card, then this might be a deal breaker.
If all this sounds good to you, all you have to do is click on the coupon code at the top of this page to get started.
Or you can learn more about everything first. Just remember to sign up through this page to get your free bitcoin.
It’s always worth making an informed decision.
You might also want to learn about the different cryptocurrencies and decide which one(s) to start with. You can get your gift bitcoin as long as you reach the US$100 buying amount, regardless of which you choose to buy.
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Many Peaks Gold Pty Ltd IPO
Everything we know about the Many Peaks Gold Pty Ltd IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Trash or Splash: Alya Skin Pore Perfecting Elixir
Does the latest Alya Skin drop live up to the social media hype? We gave it a go and we have some thoughts.
Where to watch new Shane Warne documentary online for free
“I drank a bit, I smoked a bit, and I bowled leg spin.”
How to watch Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC A-League live and match preview
The Big Blue is back as the league leading Melbourne Victory host perennial contenders Sydney FC.
Jetstar sale: $109 flights to Bali, $169 flights to Phuket
Lock in your holidays to these Southeast Asian island paradises.
$1.8 billion languishing on unused gift cards
Australians are sitting on billions of dollars worth of unused gift cards, according to new research from Finder.
Why has the Z1P share price rebounded today?
Shares in the BNPL operator Zip Co have tumbled 55% in the last 12 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 40% off KN95 face masks, half-price Remington electric shavers, 60% off Massage Guns.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Sezzle (SZL ↑16.8%), Codan (CDA ↑16.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 25 January 2022.
Garage Door Installation
Hire the right garage door installation service provider by comparing your options here.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert