Enjoy competitive fixed or variable rates and an online application with Bank of Melbourne’s Unsecured Personal Loan.
Bank of Melbourne offers an Unsecured Personal Loan as a fixed or variable rate option. The variable interest loan features flexible repayments and a redraw facility. In addition, the option to make extra repayments gives you more financial freedom as you are able to pay off your loan quicker and save money on interest charges.
If you opt for the fixed rate option you'll have the confidence of budgeting with steady repayments throughout your loan term. Find out more about this loan in the review below.
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 12.99% (variable)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||13.87%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||7 years|
|Min Loan Amount||$3,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$40,000|
|Monthly Service Fee||$9|
- Access additional repayments with a redraw (variable only)
- Terms available up to 7 years
- Choose weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments
- Application fee of $195
- Monthly fee of $9
- Early exit fees apply
Things to consider about the Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan
As this is an Unsecured Personal Loan there is no need for you to use any of your assets as a guarantee. You can choose between a fixed or variable interest rate; if you opt for the variable interest option you can make extra repayments each month to pay off your loan faster.
Features of the Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan
- Convenient redraw facility. Gain access to extra payments you have made with Melbourne Bank’s redraw facility. This feature is only available on variable interest rate loans, with a minimum redraw amount of $500 and a $10 fee per withdrawal.
- Flexible personal loan repayment options. You can choose the repayment option that suits your financial needs. You can opt for a variable interest rate that allows you to make extra repayments each month, or a fixed interest rate to give you the peace of mind that comes with locked-in repayments.
- Loan term options. Depending on your financial situation, you can choose a term to suit your need. Terms are available from 1 year(s) to 5 year(s) for fixed interest rate loans, or up to 7 year(s) for variable loans.
- Loan amount. Borrow between $3,000 up to $40,000.
- Fast and simple application process. The online application takes about 15 minutes and you’ll then receive a response within 60 minutes.
- Internet banking. Check your e-statements and keep track of your repayments online.
- Loan protection Feel secure with personal credit insurance from Bank of Melbourne.
How to apply for the Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan
If you're ready to apply for this loan, you can click "Go to Site" to submit your application. Remember to check the eligibility criteria before you apply:
To be eligible for the Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Are an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
In addition to the basic requirements, you need to provide the following details when you apply:
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number are required
- Weekly after-tax income for each applicant
- Assets, savings and investment details
- Information regarding your current credit account
- Information of your spending and other expenses
- One personal reference that includes their name, address and contact number
- Recent tax information if you are self-employed
Bank of Melbourne’s Unsecured Personal Loan is a viable option for prospective borrowers. However, make sure to compare your personal loan options and consider which can offer you the best benefits and features.