Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Airwallex International Money Transfer|
|Min. Transfer Amount||AUD 10|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Bank Account to Bank Account|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments, Market orders|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Chat, Email|
|Available Currencies||AUD, BDT, CAD, CHF, CNY, EUR, GBP, HKD, IDR, INR, JPY, KRW, LKR, MYR, NPR, NZD, PHP, PKR, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, VND|
- Any size of business and transfer
- API automation of payments
- Highly competitive exchange rates
- Receiving payments from overseas
Not so great for
- Personal use
- One-off or ad hoc transfers
What's in this guide?
- Airwallex exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with Airwallex?
- How long does a transfer with Airwallex take?
- What payment methods does Airwallex accept?
- Is Airwallex safe to use?
- How to register an Airwallex account
- How do I make an international money transfer with Airwallex?
- What is Airwallex?
- In a nutshell
- How does Airwallex compare to other business providers?
Airwallex exchange rates and fees
Airwallex lets its business customers access interbank exchange rates and aims to find the most cost-effective payment routes for each transfer.
Its fees will vary by transaction and may include one or both of the following:
- FX conversion fees: A percentage fee on top of the currency exchange rates quoted to Airwallex by its liquidity providers.
- Payment fees: A fixed fee based on the payment method and the currency.
Airwallex aims to offer all currencies, which naturally includes the most popular.
- USD United States dollar
- EUR Euro
- JPY Japanese yen
- GBP British pound
- AUD Australian dollar
- CAD Canadian dollar
- CHF Swiss franc
- CNY Chinese yuan
What types of transfers can you make with Airwallex?
Airwallex is a business money transfer service. It's built on routing algorithms designed to find the most efficient and cost-effective way of making payments around the world. Airwallex lets businesses:
- Receive money. According to Airwallex, its "Collect" service lets businesses "receive foreign currencies faster and cheaper than traditional payment methods".
- Transfer money. The same routing technologies can facilitate international payments.
- Exchange currencies. Businesses can convert funds through Airwallex's trading environment, accessing live rates from a range of liquidity providers.
- Automate payments. Businesses can integrate with the Airwallex API to automate payments to cut costs and improve efficiency.
How long does a transfer with Airwallex take?
The amount of time a transfer or exchange takes depends on the currency, the destination country and the receiving country, but Airwallex says its auto-routing algorithm can find the most direct route for your payment, to help deliver funds quicker.
You'll be able to see an estimate of how long your payment will take through the Airwallex interface.
What payment methods does Airwallex accept?
Airwallex lets businesses pay for transfers through the Airwallex web application via an API integration.
Funds will be delivered to the nominated bank accounts.
Transfers typically take
Varies per currency
Is Airwallex safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Regulated in several jurisdictions
- Established: 2015
- Investors: Sequoia, Tencent, Mastercard
Airwallex says it works with leading security and compliance providers so its security systems and procedures are based on the highest international standards to "ensure your funds are secure at all parts of the payment experience".
It maintains that your data is stored and protected behind multiple layers of authentication, closely managed at all stages of collection, transmission and storage.
How to register an Airwallex account
How do I make an international money transfer with Airwallex?
What is Airwallex?
Airwallex is a holistic business money service, built around an algorithm that's designed to find the most efficient and cost-effective route for international payments, and supplemented by a range of partnered liquidity providers.
It aims to provide business payment and currency exchange services, as well as offering a number of other business payment solutions.
Airwallex was founded in 2015 and since then it's become one of very few Australian fintech unicorns, with a 2019 valuation of more than US$1 billion following a successful Series C fundraising round.
In a nutshell
- Quicker and cheaper. It's faster and cheaper than traditional payment services like banks.
- Competitive rates available. Airwallex's routing system can give businesses more-competitive exchange rates than banks typically offer.
- Flexible solutions. You can pick and choose whether you just want to receive payments, make payments or exchange currency, or set up an entirely new payments platform.
- Developer API. The Airwallex developer API lets businesses automate payments through the Airwallex platform.
- May not suit one-off payments. Other providers might better suit businesses that only need to make ad hoc payments.
How does Airwallex compare to other business providers?
If you're looking for other business payment providers or want to see if you're getting the best possible value on a given transfer, you may want to compare Airwallex to some other providers. The table below shows some other business money transfer options.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
WorldFirst sends 60+ currencies at competitive rates. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Send provides fee-free transfers via its 24/7 multi-currency payments platform with real-time quotes.