A few smart shopping strategies can help you stay on budget and save money.Read more…
Finder X columns
What is Finder X?
Finder X curates exclusive insights and expert advice from a wide range of contributors to help you stay informed and make better decisions. Our Finder X experts bring years of first-hand experience and valuable knowledge in their field.
Finder X gives readers a mix of engaging, insightful and topical articles that cover everything from property and investing to shopping and sustainability. You'll find tips, expert perspectives and even answers to life's curlier questions like "why do people panic buy in a pandemic".
Climate and clean tech author and analyst
Clean tech and renewables: unlocking Australia's green energy potential
Zero waste expert and author
How to live a zero-waste life with zero budget
How can I contribute?
If you are an expert in your field and want to share your insights with our audience, we would love to hear from you.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea and details on your background and we'll be in touch. (Please don't submit articles before contacting the Finder X editorial team and getting the go-ahead.)
What are we looking for?
Finder's aim is to help people make better decisions. For Finder X, we are keen on trends in shopping, investing, property, money matters, technology, sustainability, consumer behaviour and more.
Author and media presenter
The top 10 most hackable passwords– and what to do if yours is on the list
More from Finder X
Alternative investments are expected to reach $23 trillion in assets under management by 2026. So what are they and should you consider them?Read more…
Warrants can help investors manage risks, diversify holdings and build long-term wealth – investment expert Elizabeth Tian explains how they work.Read more…
It's easy to forget about home insurance once you've got it, but the cost of not updating it can be high – expert Angelo Azar explains why.Read more…
Rate rises in 2022 have added to mortgage costs and made many homeowners anxious about the future – here are some expert insights to deal with it.Read more…
Getting out of the rental cycle and onto the property ladder starts with saving – here, Proppie founder Ayumi Uyeda shares her strategy.Read more…
Online shopping is thriving but many of us don't realise the negative impact it can have on the environment, and what we can do about it.Read more…
Many businesses have announced plans to fight climate change or become “green” but not all announcements lead to actual change.Read more…
Sustainable or socially responsible investing means considering environmental and social governance (ESG) factors, and it can lead to huge profits.Read more…
Our love of cars is creating cities where parking is prioritised over people.Read more…
Demand and prices for used cars have soared since the start of the pandemic – here, expert Desmond Sanborn explains what sellers need to know now.Read more…
Start with these 5 steps to earn what you're worth and close your pay gap.Read more…
Working remotely from anywhere, not just from home, has become even more popular since the coronavirus pandemic.Read more…
Want to cash in on the boom started by Airbnb? Short-term rental expert Amiad Soto shares his tips for getting started.Read more…
Travel writer Michael Turtle shares his insights from visiting over 300 of these destinations.Read more…
Cyber risk expert Mark Jones looks at how the pandemic is affecting online security issues both at home and at work – and what we can do about it.Read more…
YouTuber Brandon van der Kolk gives us the lowdown on how starting and building a YouTube channel actually works.Read more…
Author, comedian and maths geek Adam Spencer takes us through why numbers are so important when it comes to passwords – and everyday life.Read more…
- Don’t break the bank: How to shop smarter despite rising costs
- Shopping for your baby: What’s essential and what’s not?
- 8 tips for selling your property in a slow market
- How to protect your money and assets from cyber security risks in Australia
- 6 ways travel insurance has changed since COVID-19
- Why you need to start thinking like an investor
- Commercial vs residential property investing in 2023: Which is better?
- 2 new ways to know if there’s a better energy deal out there
- Do you even need to dress for success anymore?
- Criminals want to steal your identity – an expert shares how to stop them
- 5 scams to watch out for during this year’s festive season
- 6 ways to manage your travel anxiety in the wake of COVID
- How your DNA can impact your financial decisions
- 4 pros and cons for alternative investments that aren’t stocks and bonds
- Thinking of buying shares in a streaming platform? What to know before you invest
- Is the cost of going solar worth it right now?
- The big change to your finances that you know little about
- Cost of living crisis: Would you move house to save money?
- The 2022 superannuation change that can help you retire more comfortably
- Underinsurance: 4 risks for your home in 2022
- Surrendering your pet: 5 factors to consider first
- How you can put an end to mortgage anxiety
- Crypto’s past, present and future: What are the risks?
- Looking for ways to save on pet costs? 8 dos and don’ts to get you started
- Is your online shopping costing the planet? 3 easy ways you can fix that
- How the 1 person, 1 car approach is hurting the planet
- Want to work from anywhere? Here’s how to set yourself up for success
- 3 steps to get on the property ladder when you’re renting
- How these 2 high-value skills can help you earn more money
- Will 2022 change how you sell your car?
- Why the “money rules” of old won’t help you save today
- Struggling in business or your career? This strategy can help
- The Bank of Mum and Dad: Legal risks and insights
- What are warrants and should they be part of your investment strategy?
- 5 tips to help you invest in the current property market
- Why we need to talk about death and dying
- GameStop stock split: What you need to know
- Buy now pay later: Is the party about to end early?
- 4 ways to save enough money now to retire later
- 7 career habits to cut in 2022
- Building a home? Hidden costs to look out for in 2022
- We know there’s a wage gap: What can you do about it?
- Call for staggered school hours and a “hybrid model” of education
- 4 majorly unethical moves in real estate (and how to avoid getting duped)
- How to identify a genuine business (and avoid the dodgy ones)
- How to invest in property in your 20s
- 9 tips for founders I learned from launching a startup in a pandemic
- 10 steps to get into property in 2022
- What kind of property investor are you?
- 6 big property predictions for 2022
- Greenwashing makes ethical investing hard: Here’s how AI can help
- How to encourage your kids to fall in love with reading
- 8 ways to live your best life with the money you have
- How to avoid “greenwashing” and buy actual eco-friendly products
- How to remove credit defaults in less than 1 month
- Reputation & Christmas parties: Why I won’t be having a festive celebration this year
- How to ensure your pets are living their best life in an apartment
- 7 steps to building your passive income
- Big mistakes people make with rent-vesting and how to avoid them
- Why you’ll pay more for Christmas this year
More guides on Finder
4 of the biggest mistakes people make when buying property
Chris Gray takes us through four things people get wrong when buying property.
Going once, twice, three times
Auction expert Damien Cooley gives the lowdown on why property auctions are the best way to sell right now.
Tax and the gig economy: What you need to know
Mark Chapman goes through the tax requirements you need to know about if you're an Uber driver, Airbnb host or do other work in the gig economy.
APRA-cadabra: Why Australians will be able to get larger home loans
Richard Holden from UNSW Business School delves into Australian home loan sizes and rate cuts
Don’t go without just to get ahead
Consumer expert Christopher Zinn shares his tips on how to save a stack of money without giving up your morning coffee.
The election issue that isn’t being talked about, but should be
Isn't it time for better broadband in Australia? Laurie Patton weighs in on the issue of Australia's NBN.