Investment expert Robert Francis reviews the pandemic's impact on the share market – and shares how you can shore up your investments now.Read more…
Insights, analysis and opinions from leading Australian and global experts.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What is Finder X?
Finder X curates exclusive insights and expert advice from a wide range of contributors to help you stay informed and make better decisions. Our Finder X experts bring years of first-hand experience and valuable knowledge in their field.
Finder X gives readers a mix of engaging, insightful and topical articles that cover everything from property and investing to shopping and sustainability. You'll find tips, expert perspectives and even answers to life's curlier questions like "why do people panic buy in a pandemic".
Climate and clean tech author and analyst
Clean tech and renewables: unlocking Australia's green energy potential
Zero waste expert and author
How to live a zero-waste life with zero budget
How can I contribute?
If you are an expert in your field and want to share your insights with our audience, we would love to hear from you.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea and details on your background and we'll be in touch. (Please don't submit articles before contacting the Finder X editorial team and getting the go-ahead.)
What are we looking for?
Finder's aim is to help people make better decisions. For Finder X, we are keen on trends in shopping, investing, property, money matters, technology, sustainability, consumer behaviour and more.
Author and media presenter
The top 10 most hackable passwords– and what to do if yours is on the list
Finder X columns
If you’re feeling tired after your first few weeks in the office, you’re not alone. Dr. Frank Chow explains why return-to-office exhaustion is real and how you can beat it.Read more…
From property and savings to bonds and shares, investment expert Roger Montgomery explains how rate changes can affect your assets.Read more…
More from Finder X
As restrictions ease around Australia, finance expert Noel Whittaker goes through why you need a post-coronavirus plan for your money.Read more…
Want to claim home office expenses in 2020? Finance expert Natasha Janssens takes us through 5 key issues to keep in mind when you're submitting your next tax return.Read more…
Finance expert Lisa Montgomery takes us through five steps women can take towards financial freedom.Read more…
Should the environment be a factor when investing? Investment expert and Stockspot CEO Chris Brycki shares his top tips for choosing sustainable investments.Read more…
Finance expert Ted Richards shares 5 things investors can learn from the GameStop saga.Read more…
In the wake of the GameStop saga, investment expert Roger Montgomery looks at two very different ways of approaching the stock market.Read more…
As more of Australia opens up, Dr Paul Harrison looks at the impact of so much uncertainty – and why it's an important part of our response to coronavirus.Read more…
Dr Paul Harrison takes us through how Victorians are adjusting to wearing masks – and what it means for the rest of Australia.Read more…
Workplace mental health expert Margo Lydon talks us through 7 ways we can look after ourselves and others during the coronavirus lockdown.Read more…
As we all adapt to COVID-normal practices, author and climate change advocate Natalie Isaacs explains why reusables are just as safe as single-use items.Read more…
Entrepreneur and climate change advocate Natalie Isaacs on two simple actions you can take right now to support people and the planet.Read more…
Renewable energy expert Ketan Joshi gives us the lowdown on Australia's unique potential for clean energy and rapid decarbonisation.Read more…
Want to cash in on the boom started by Airbnb? Short-term rental expert Amiad Soto shares his tips for getting started.Read more…
Travel writer Michael Turtle shares his insights from visiting over 300 of these destinations.Read more…
Can you claim Airbnb expenses, and what about GST? Tax expert Mark Chapman gives us the lowdown on what to look at when you become an Airbnb host.Read more…
As we head into a recession, property expert Rich Harvey takes us through the risks and opportunities for property development in Australia.Read more…
In this exclusive extract from her new book, Nicole Pedersen-McKinnon shares three insights that can help you get a leg up on the property ladder.Read more…
Dreaming of a tree or sea change? Property journalist Kirsten Craze shares four insights she's gained since moving from Sydney to the country.Read more…
Want to get ahead in your career? Entrepreneur and marketer Sharon Williams explains why your personal brand could be the key to success.Read more…
Cyber risk expert Mark Jones looks at how the pandemic is affecting online security issues both at home and at work – and what we can do about it.Read more…
YouTuber Brandon van der Kolk gives us the lowdown on how starting and building a YouTube channel actually works.Read more…
- Trying to future-proof your investments? Here’s what you need to know
- Exhausted from going back to the office? Here’s how to cope.
- Want to invest? Here’s how interest rates could affect your returns
- Why sustainable investing matters
- What investors need to know before the next GameStop saga
- How to build your personal brand in 2021
- Why you need to think differently about the stock market now
- What is sustainable fashion?
- Will you have to work harder and for longer because of coronavirus?
- Is it safe to get takeaway coffee in a reusable cup?
- 6 of the biggest property mistakes people have made in 2020
- When will coronavirus be over? The answer’s not so simple
- What social media challenges teach us about investing
- Cyber criminals are cashing in on coronavirus – how safe are you?
- Will face masks become the new norm in Australia?
- 3 investment mistakes to avoid in a recession
- Do you have what it takes to be a property developer?
- 4 life lessons we can learn from homeschooling
- Money lessons from the coronavirus pandemic
- Why you should pivot your business to withstand the pandemic
- How to deal with separation anxiety in dogs
- 5 tax traps to avoid when working from home
- Profit and the planet: the unlikely relationship that influences climate change
- 5 questions property investors need to ask now
- 3 industries to consider investing in during coronavirus
- 7 ways to support your mental health during lockdown
- Could ditching your bank save the planet?
- 2 very different ways to invest during the market crash
- When will the NBN rollout be finished?
- Considering income protection? These new rules may affect you
- Coronavirus: how can we stay protected?
- How women can build their own financial future
- Why are people panic buying?
- Clean tech and renewables: unlocking Australia’s green energy potential
- How do we encourage more women in STEM?
- Household hacks to help save the planet
- Could the coronavirus trigger an economic downturn?
- Why do we give gifts on Valentine’s Day?
- 3 tips for making money on YouTube
- Why investors should include green stocks in their portfolios
- Money, travel, trade – what does Brexit mean for Australians?
- The 3 pieces of advice I always give first home buyers
- How do you teach kids about money in a cashless world?
- What I learned from escaping the city
- 4 things I learned about streaming video around my home
- 3 tips for investing in short-term rentals
- Investing in 2020: More volatility and unexpected opportunities
- Where should you buy property in 2020?
- Less but better – the New Year challenge that’s good for your budget and the planet
- Why do we make and break New Year’s resolutions?
- What you should do instead of making New Year’s resolutions
- 10 mistakes to avoid when you start investing in property
- Does online shopping make you spend more?
- DIY December: eco-friendly gift ideas for any budget
- 5 reasons to invest in ETFs
- What can we learn from the payment revolution in China?
- From financial stress to success in 2 simple steps
- 9 ways to survive in a one-bedroom apartment with a kid
- What I learned from using Google in Japan
- 4 things I’ve learned from trying to visit every World Heritage Site
More guides on Finder
4 of the biggest mistakes people make when buying property
Chris Gray takes us through four things people get wrong when buying property.
Going once, twice, three times
Auction expert Damien Cooley gives the lowdown on why property auctions are the best way to sell right now.
Tax and the gig economy: What you need to know
Mark Chapman goes through the tax requirements you need to know about if you're an Uber driver, Airbnb host or do other work in the gig economy.
The challenge that will tell you if your kids need more money education
Nicole Pedersen-McKinnon teaches us how tell if your kids will be able to self-sustain... or if they'll be a drain.
APRA-cadabra: Why Australians will be able to get larger home loans
Richard Holden from UNSW Business School delves into Australian home loan sizes and rate cuts
Don’t go without just to get ahead
Consumer expert Christopher Zinn shares his tips on how to save a stack of money without giving up your morning coffee.
The election issue that isn’t being talked about, but should be
Isn't it time for better broadband in Australia? Laurie Patton weighs in on the issue of Australia's NBN.
The critical indicator of the status of our housing markets
Property expert Michael Yardney examines the current state of the nation in property.