Google Pixel 6a plans and pricing: Telstra, Optus and Vodafone
Get the Pixel 6a on a plan from Telstra, Optus or Vodafone and score some sweet discounts along the way.
The Google Pixel 6a has come in hot as a bargain alternative to the much-loved Pixel 6 series. It boasts a $749 price tag, 128GB capacity and an operating system used in all the top Android phones.
Here's a look at how much the phone will cost you from the 3 major telcos in Australia if you pair it with their cheapest mobile plan:
- Telstra Google Pixel 6a plan: From $76.02 a month (includes a $100 discount)
- Optus Google Pixel 6a plan: From $65.62 a month (includes a $150 discount)
- Vodafone Google Pixel 6a plan: From $60.80 a month (get $200 bonus trade-in credit)
For more information on what's on offer, choose your player:
Get $100 off the Google Pixel 6a plans with Telstra
Telstra gives you the option to buy the Pixel 6a outright or on a 12-, 24- or 36-month phone plan. However, you can only buy outright if you're already an existing Telstra customer.
To give you an idea of minimum costs, we've paired the 6a with Telstra's cheapest Upfront Mobile Plan, which is 40GB for $58 a month:
- From $76.02 a month over 36 months, including a $100 discount spread over your repayment plan
- With a minimum total cost of $2736.72 (when you stay connected for 36 months)
While Telstra might not be the cheapest option, you do get the advantage of accessing the widest 4G and 5G mobile network in Australia.
Other features include the following:
- No excess data charges
- Earn Telstra Plus points for rewards
- Unlimited texts to standard international numbers and 30 minutes of free calls
- Option to try Foxtel Now for free for the first month (both new and returning customers)
- 1-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (new customers only)
Get $150 off with Optus on the Google Pixel 6a
Optus also gives you the option to get the Pixel 6a on a phone plan over 12, 24 or 36 months.
Here's a look at minimum costs from Optus if you want to get a Pixel 6a plan:
- From $65.62 a month over 36 months (includes a $150 discount)
- With a minimum total cost of $793.62
Signing up with Optus comes with some additional perks, such as:
- Potential 5G network access depending on your location
- No excess data charges
- Option to share your data across eligible Optus Choice Plus plans on the same account
- Access to Optus SubHub where you can manage eligible subscriptions in 1 place and save up to 10% when you bundle 3 or more subscriptions
- Keep in mind: Unlike Telstra, you'll only get the full $150 discount if you stay with Optus for the full length of your repayment period.
$200 bonus trade-in credit from Vodafone
Vodafone isn't offering any direct discounts on the Google Pixel 6a but it makes up for it by offering the cheapest mobile plan prices out of the lot.
To get the Pixel 6a from Vodafone, you will need to sign up to a 12-, 24- or 36-month repayment period. Its cheapest mobile plan costs $40 for 40GB each month.
On this plan, the Google Pixel 6a will cost you:
- $60.80 a month over 36 months
- With a minimum total of $788.80
If you have an eligible phone to trade in, you could get a $200 bonus trade-in credit that could make the 6a even cheaper.
Perks of signing up with Vodafone include the following:
- 30-day network guarantee
- Endless data with speeds of up to 2Mbps once you've used your data allowance
- 3 months of Amazon Music Unlimited
- $5 a day roaming add-on to use your Vodafone plan abroad (100+ countries)
Google Pixel 6a specs and availability
The Google Pixel 6a is officially available for sale and ready to come to your doorstep starting today, 28 July.
Here's a quick run-down of its specs so you know what you're getting in return for your buck.
- Colours: Chalk, sage, charcoal
- Screen: 6.1in 60Hz FHD+ OLED (429ppi)
- Processor: Google Tensor
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Operating system: Android 12
- Camera: 12.2MP + 12MP ultra-wide, 8MP selfie
- Connectivity: 5G, eSIM, Wi-Fi 6E, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2 and GNSS
- Water resistance: IP67 (1m for 30 minutes)
- Dimensions: 152.2x71.8x8.9mm
- Weight: 178g