We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Standard business loans are not the extent of BOQ's offerings; you can apply to have your loan bundled together with existing banking products in BOQ's Business First Lending Package. Certain fees are waived and you benefit from reduced interest rates.
BOQ Business Loans offers
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What types of business loans does BOQ offer?
New and existing customers can choose between five business loan products, from lines of credit to term loans and business overdrafts. Interest rates and repayment schedules differ depending on the product.
- Overdraft. This loan type provides liquidity when you have limited access to your business's working capital. You can use the loan for any business-related purpose and you can also link this loan to a Business Visa debit card for easy access to your money.
- Line of credit. This is a drawdown facility available with a minimum loan amount of $50,000. A variable interest rate applies and you can make interest-only or lump-sum payments. A monthly fee of $25 applies.
- Term loan. This loan is available from a minimum of $200,000. You can borrow for a maximum of 25 years if the loan is secured with residential property (15 years maximum for non-residential or mixed security). You can make interest-only repayments up to a maximum of five years.
- Commercial rate loan. This loan is suited to property purchases and investments and is available for a minimum of $500,000. You can choose an interest rate type for periods of one, two or three months. Application and monthly fees apply.
- Debtor finance. This is similar to invoice factoring, with debtor finance letting you borrow against outstanding invoices. BOQ will finance 80% of the total value of the invoices within 24 hours with no security required.
What features are on offer with BOQ business loans?
If you're interested in applying for one of BOQ's business loans, here are some of the features to keep in mind.
- Package option. If you apply for a term loan or a line of credit, you can package it with an Everyday Business or Business Management account in the Business First Lending Package. You will receive an interest rate discount of 0.15%, with an additional 0.85% discount if you add two optional products to the package.
- Interest rates. Interest is charged monthly in arrears, except for the commercial loan where charge periods vary.
- Property purchases. The commercial rate loan product is suited for business property purchases and is available for a minimum amount of $500,000. Interest rates vary based on the interest rate type and period, and you can make repayments over a maximum of 5 years.
- Minimum amounts. You can borrow from as little as $10,000 with overdrafts and term loans.
- Repayment options. For the overdraft and line of credit products, you make interest-only repayments in arrears. You can choose to repay the principal and interest on the term and commercial rate loans. Fees apply for early repayment and settling the loan amount before the end of the loan period.
What other products does BOQ offer?
Besides business loans, BOQ also offers the following financial products:
- Savings and investment accounts. Choose between three savings and investment accounts, a self-managed superannuation account or investment in BOQ bonds.
- Everyday accounts. BOQ offers five transaction accounts, including a Pension Plus account and an offset account for home loan customers.
- Credit cards. You can choose between a Platinum, Blue or Low Rate Visa credit card.
- Home and personal loans. BOQ has nine home loan products and four personal loans in its portfolio, including a car loan and a line of credit facility.
- Insurance. You can apply for insurance to cover your car, your home and its contents, your business or travel. You can also purchase credit protection and life insurance through BOQ.
How can you apply for a business loan from BOQ?
If you'd like to apply for one of the business loan products, you have to do it in person at a BOQ branch or by phoning the customer service line. You have the option to make a joint application.
BOQ will need to know the following:
- Whether or not the loan will be held by a trust
- Details of all signatories
- Financial proof that your business is able to repay the loan
You will also be asked to provide:
- A current Australian driver's licence
- A valid Australian passport
- A tax file number (optional)
More guides on Finder
Zip Business Trade Plus
Zip's Business Trade Plus service allows you to split the cost of your business expenses up to $150K over four4 monthly instalments, without having to pay anything for the first 60 days, for a 3% fee. Find out more here.
Homestar Star Gold Variable home loan
Here’s our review of Homestar’s Star Gold Variable home loan, a low-rate loan well-suited to refinancers.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Great Southern Bank Variable Rate Personal Loan
With a Variable Rate Personal Loan from Great Southern Bank you get simplicity matched with the opportunity to save yourself hundreds of dollars in interest fees. The flexibility in repayments that this loan gives you makes it easy to keep up with and pay it off without incurring extra fees.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Personal Loan
When you have a large expense that your savings can’t cover, a personal loan at a fixed rate from Great Southern Bank is an option worth considering. With no fees and a competitive fixed interest rate, this could be the right loan for you.
Australian Unity Fixed Rate Home Loan Health Wealth Happiness Package
A review of Australian Unity’s fixed rate home loan. Discover the features and benefits.
Business car loans
If you're after a business car, compare your vehicle finance and car loan options and get your business on the road.
Non-conforming home loans guide
Imperfect credit? A non-conforming loan might help you become a home owner.
86 400 Neat home loan – variable
This flexible variable rate home loan offer from a digital lender is suitable for both home buyers and investors.
The American Express Business Card
The American Express Business Card offers reliable service, a wide range of benefits, additional features, and competitive fees.
Ask an Expert