BOQ Business Loans
Bank of Queensland offers a variety of business loan solutions with flexible terms, rates and repayment options.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Standard business loans are not the extent of BOQ's offerings; you can apply to have your loan bundled together with existing banking products in BOQ's Business First Lending Package. Certain fees are waived and you benefit from reduced interest rates.
BOQ Business Loans offers
What types of business loans does BOQ offer?
New and existing customers can choose between five business loan products, from lines of credit to term loans and business overdrafts. Interest rates and repayment schedules differ depending on the product.
- Overdraft. This loan type provides liquidity when you have limited access to your business's working capital. You can use the loan for any business-related purpose and you can also link this loan to a Business Visa debit card for easy access to your money.
- Line of credit. This is a drawdown facility available with a minimum loan amount of $50,000. A variable interest rate applies and you can make interest-only or lump-sum payments. A monthly fee of $25 applies.
- Term loan. This loan is available from a minimum of $200,000. You can borrow for a maximum of 25 years if the loan is secured with residential property (15 years maximum for non-residential or mixed security). You can make interest-only repayments up to a maximum of five years.
- Commercial rate loan. This loan is suited to property purchases and investments and is available for a minimum of $500,000. You can choose an interest rate type for periods of one, two or three months. Application and monthly fees apply.
- Debtor finance. This is similar to invoice factoring, with debtor finance letting you borrow against outstanding invoices. BOQ will finance 80% of the total value of the invoices within 24 hours with no security required.
What features are on offer with BOQ business loans?
If you're interested in applying for one of BOQ's business loans, here are some of the features to keep in mind.
- Package option. If you apply for a term loan or a line of credit, you can package it with an Everyday Business or Business Management account in the Business First Lending Package. You will receive an interest rate discount of 0.15%, with an additional 0.85% discount if you add two optional products to the package.
- Interest rates. Interest is charged monthly in arrears, except for the commercial loan where charge periods vary.
- Property purchases. The commercial rate loan product is suited for business property purchases and is available for a minimum amount of $500,000. Interest rates vary based on the interest rate type and period, and you can make repayments over a maximum of 5 years.
- Minimum amounts. You can borrow from as little as $10,000 with overdrafts and term loans.
- Repayment options. For the overdraft and line of credit products, you make interest-only repayments in arrears. You can choose to repay the principal and interest on the term and commercial rate loans. Fees apply for early repayment and settling the loan amount before the end of the loan period.
What other products does BOQ offer?
Besides business loans, BOQ also offers the following financial products:
- Savings and investment accounts. Choose between three savings and investment accounts, a self-managed superannuation account or investment in BOQ bonds.
- Everyday accounts. BOQ offers five transaction accounts, including a Pension Plus account and an offset account for home loan customers.
- Credit cards. You can choose between a Platinum, Blue or Low Rate Visa credit card.
- Home and personal loans. BOQ has nine home loan products and four personal loans in its portfolio, including a car loan and a line of credit facility.
- Insurance. You can apply for insurance to cover your car, your home and its contents, your business or travel. You can also purchase credit protection and life insurance through BOQ.
How can you apply for a business loan from BOQ?
If you'd like to apply for one of the business loan products, you have to do it in person at a BOQ branch or by phoning the customer service line. You have the option to make a joint application.
BOQ will need to know the following:
- Whether or not the loan will be held by a trust
- Details of all signatories
- Financial proof that your business is able to repay the loan
You will also be asked to provide:
- A current Australian driver's licence
- A valid Australian passport
- A tax file number (optional)
More guides on Finder
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Endeavour Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Endeavour Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors.
Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors. Available with a 5% deposit.
Defence Bank Foundation Credit Card
This card gives you a way to support a program that matches rescue dogs with veterans in need and enjoy a low interest rate on all your spending.
Hunter United Fixed Home Loan
The Fixed Home Loan from Hunter United is a fixed rate loan with options for home buyers and investors.
Free Loan Agreement Templates (Australia)
Learn how to write a loan agreement and find out where you can get free legal templates.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Diners Club Personal Card
Diners Club offers a competitive rewards program, travel and shopping perks and can be used at businesses including Coles, Woolworths and Target.
Ask an Expert