Find out what rate you qualify for with Society One's innovative sliding interest rate scale.
While most local lenders offer personal loans, SocietyOne offers loans that are a little different. For starters, SocietyOne is not a lender. SocietyOne connects borrowers with investors and manages and services every loan that it approves.
SocietyOne works on a strict sliding scale of loans based on your creditworthiness. Interest rates vary from 7.75% to 24.25%. Comparison rates vary from 9.10% to 27.94%
|Product Name||SocietyOne Unsecured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 8.15% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||9.5%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Minimum Loan Term||2 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||3 years|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$35,000|
|Application Fee||2% of loan amount|
|Monthly Service Fee||$0|
- Low interest rates for borrowers
- No Establishment or Application Fee
- No early repayment fees
- Borrow money for any purpose
- A poor credit history will not qualify
Things to consider about SocietyOne personal loans
You can use a SocietyOne personal loan for a variety of purposes. You can use the funds to purchase a car, take a holiday, consolidate debt, pay for home renovations or even cover education expenses.
These loans are unsecured, which means you don't have to provide any asset as a guarantee. You can borrow as much as $35,000 through a SocietyOne personal loan. SocietyOne also offers risk-based pricing, meaning that the better your credit (as evidenced by your credit score), the better the interest rate on your loan.
The interest rate for borrowers with good credit start from 10.57% p.a., while the comparison rate is 12.28% p.a. Term period varies between 2 and 5 years.
Features of SocietyOne personal loans
- Fixed repayments. Since these personal loans attract fixed interest rates, your repayments remain the same for the entire duration of the loan. This not only protects you from market fluctuations, but it also allows you to budget your repayments in advance.
- Personalised rate. SocietyOne will use your credit score (using the VedaScore) to determine the indicative interest rate for your loan.
- Fees. There are no monthly or annual account-keeping fees. Late payments attract a $25 fee and you’d have to pay $25 in each instance of direct debit request dishonour.
- No early repayment fee. If you choose to repay the loan amount earlier than scheduled, you do not have to pay any early repayment fees.
- ClearMatch™ technology. SocietyOne relies on ClearMatch™ technology for day-to-day operations. This platform assists with aspects such as credit assessments, loan origination and loan portfolio management. It includes state-of-the-art underwriting capabilities and it also enables customers to complete the application and approval process over the phone. In addition, it includes an array of debt management and customer service tools, while also assisting with credit scoring.
What's your credit score?
SocietyOne works on a tiered rate system where the better your credit score, the lower your interest rate and fees. It has five credit bands ranging from "Excellent" credit to "Below Average" credit. If you have an "Excellent" credit score (based on your Veda Score) you will be deemed an AA - A grade borrower and your Veda Score will be above 833. The tiers continue to work down, with "Very Good" borrowers having Veda Scores between 726 and 832 and being A - B borrowers. The three bands continue below that. SocietyOne awards you for good borrowing behaviour, so the better your score, the better your rate. If you're interested, you can get a rate estimate without it affecting your credit score or an enquiry being listed on your credit file.
How to apply for a SocietyOne personal loan
SocietyOne offers personal loans to Australians who meet its eligibility criteria – you can initiate the application process by clicking on the "Go to site" button. To apply, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a good credit history
As part of the application process you have to register on the SocietyOne website. The next step requires you to complete an application form and to submit documents to verify your identity, which comprises the following:
- Copy of your drivers licence
- Copy of your passport
- Three months of your bank statements
- Credit card or loan statements
SocietyOne personal loans offer a viable alternative to conventional lenders. What’s important, though, is that you take all of the features into account before making a decision. Use finder.com.au to see how SocietyOne’s loan offerings compare with other products on the market.