H&R Block Tax Accountants & Tax Return Specialists

hr-blockWondering how you can claim your tax back? It might be worth checking out H&R Block, they’ve been helping Australians for over 40 years.

Who is H&R Block?

H&R Block was founded in 1955 by two brothers in Kansas City, Missouri. Its first Australian office opened in 1971 in Sydney; today it has more than 400 offices nationwide, and processes 600,000 Australian tax returns each year, making it the country's leading tax preparation firm by volume.

What tax services does H&R Block offer?

Tax returns and accounting services

H&R Block offer a range of tax and accounting services including individual tax returns, small business tax returns, late tax returns, tax returners for investors, partnership returns, sole traders and contractors tax returns and amendments to prior years returns.

Tax and business services

If you run a small, medium or large business, then H&R Block are well equipped to handle your taxation needs. They provide a wall to wall service, so whether you’ve done this before, or if it's your first year you should begin by contacting them to explain your needs and they’ll help you from start to finish.

Tax preparation online

When you’re filling in your return online you’ll be given two options to choose from:

  • DIY tax return. You personally fill in all your information and complete your return online.
  • Assisted tax return. You give your information, in its simplest form, to an H&R Block tax expert and they’ll complete your return for you.

Tax check up for over 60’s

Money can be a source of worry for those over 60, and changes to superannuation and tax rules are often confusing, yet potentially affecting. H&R Block provide a specialist service to those over 60, helping you to understand your tax and pension program, and to ensure that the maximum amount of that money ends up in your pocket.

Foreign residents living in Australia

If you’re living in Australia temporarily as a temporary worker, permanent worker or student, then you may be entitled to a tax rebate. H&R Block are a global company so are well positioned to help you deal with your tax in Australia and any implications that may have for your status in your home country.

Back to top

Frequently asked questions

Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, read the PDS or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
Ask a question