H&R Block offers online DIY tax returns starting from just $19.
Who is H&R Block?
H&R Block opened its first Australian office in 1971 in Sydney; today it has more than 400 offices nationwide, and processes 600,000 Australian tax returns each year, making it the country's leading tax preparation firm by volume.
What tax services does H&R Block offer?
Online tax returns
When you’re filling in your return online you’ll be given two options to choose from:
- Online DIY tax return. You personally fill in all your information and complete your return online.
- Assisted Online Tax Pro. You give your information, in its simplest form, to an H&R Block tax expert and they’ll complete your return for you.
Tax returns for individuals and businesses
H&R Block offer a range of tax and accounting services including individual tax returns, small business tax returns, late tax returns, tax returners for investors, partnership returns, sole traders and contractors tax returns and amendments to prior years returns. H&R Block can help you claim the deductions you're entitled to, to help maximise your refund.
Ongoing tax and business support
If you run a small, medium or large business, then H&R Block are well equipped to handle your ongoing tax and accounting needs. They can help you setup your business and provide ongoing support with payroll, bookkeeping, auditing and make sure you meet your BAS and GST reporting obligations.
Tax check up for over 60’s
Changes to superannuation and tax rules are often confusing. H&R Block provides a specialist service to those over 60, helping you to understand your tax and pension program, and to ensure that the maximum amount of that money ends up in your pocket.
Foreign residents living in Australia
If you’re living in Australia temporarily as a temporary worker, permanent worker or student, then you may be entitled to a tax rebate. H&R Block are a global company so are well positioned to help you deal with your tax in Australia and any implications that may have for your status in your home country.
What fees does H&R Block charge for online tax returns?
Online DIY tax returns
|Tax return type||Inclusions|
|Express: From $19|
|Standard: From $39|
Online Tax Pro
Alternatively, you can opt for an assisted online tax return from $99 using Online Tax Pro.
What are the steps involved to complete an online DIY tax return?
- Click on the 'Go to site' link to be securely redirected to H&R Block's site.
- Sign up with H&R Block by entering your name and creating a password.
- You can now complete the online DIY tax return by filling in the details required. Make sure to have your group certificate and tax file number handy, as well as the details for any deductions you want to claim.
- Select your payment method, and then you're done! H&R Block will review your refund and lodge it with the ATO on your behalf.
This information is of a general nature only. Finder is not a Registered Tax Practitioner and does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain professional tax advice, before acting on any of the information contained in this article.