Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 go on sale with bonus gifts worth $1,498
Samsung's Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 are officially on sale in Australia and fortunately for us, the telcos are continuing to sling some great offers.
The next generation of folding phones from Samsung are lightweight and come packed with features.
Prices for the Galaxy Z Flip 5 start at $1,649 and $2,499 for the Z Fold 5.
Here's a quick look at all the deals on offer from Optus, Vodafone and Telstra before we jump into more detail:
|Optus||Get a bonus Galaxy Watch 6 valued at $649 with either the Galaxy Z Flip 5 or Z Fold 5|
Optus Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 deals: Score a bonus Galaxy Watch 6
Optus is sweetening the deal on the Z series by giving away:
- A bonus Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 (40mm) with either of the folding phones, valued at up to $649. Your colour options are either gold or graphite. You can choose the 44mm variant for an additional $50.
The caveat is that you'll also need to sign up to a watch plan from Optus ($10 a month) for at least 24 months.
However, if you're looking for the latest smartwatch for cheaper, you'll still end up saving money despite the watch plan.
Here's a look at starting costs for the Z Series with Optus if you were to pair your handset repayment with its $49 mobile plan that comes with 30GB of data:
- Galaxy Z Fold 5: From $121.18 a month over 36 months
- Galaxy Z Flip 5: From $94.80 a month over 36 months
Alternatively, you can sign up to a 12 or 24-month repayment period or if you're an existing customer, you also have the option to purchase the Z Series outright.
Vodafone Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Flip 5 deals: Discounts and bonus trade-in credit
Vodafone is also offering some strong incentives if you wanted to get either the Galaxy Z Fold 5 or Z Flip 5 on a phone plan.
- $500 bonus trade-in credit on the Z Fold 5 and $300 on the Z Flip 5
- $300 discount on the Z Fold 5 if you sign up to its 36-month phone repayment plan
- $200 discount on the Z Flip 5 if you sign up to its 24 or 36-month phone repayment plan
If you were to pair the Z Series with Vodafone's cheapest mobile plan which comes with a double data offer - $45 for 80GB - here's the minimum you're looking at paying:
- Galaxy Z Fold 5: From $108.85 a month over 36 months
- Galaxy Z Flip 5: From $85.24 a month over 36 months
You also have the option to sign up to a 12 or 24-month repayment plan but your monthly costs will be higher.
Telstra Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Flip 5 plans and deals: Bonus watch, earbuds and trade-in credit
You might not get the latest smartwatch as you would with Optus, but Telstra is offering the most value in terms of bonus gifts:
- You can get a bonus Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm) valued at $599 with the Galaxy Z Flip 5
- The Z Fold 5 comes with a bonus Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm or 44mm), valued at up to $649
- Both phones will also come with bonus Galaxy Buds 2 Pro in graphite colour, valued at $349
- $500 bonus trade-in credit across the Z series
That's a total bonus value of up to $1,498 if you took advantage of all the deals.
If you were to pair your Galaxy Z Fold 5 or Z Flip 5 with the cheapest mobile plan from Telstra - $62 for 50GB - you're looking at paying at least:
- Galaxy Z Fold 5: $134.19 a month over 36 months
- Galaxy Z Flip 5: $107.80 a month over 36 months
You can also sign up to a 12 or 24-month plan or if you're existing Telstra customer or you can always purchase the Z Series outright.
Unsure if Samsung's folding phones are right for you? There's some sweet offers alongside S23 plans from the telcos if you want more options.