act. Personal Loans
act. offers secured and unsecured personal loans with terms up to 7 years. Interest charges and fees apply.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
act. loans are backed by Bendigo Bank. They offer personal secured and unsecured loans, with terms up to 7 years. They also have an “Impact Dollar” scheme, which lets you earn Impact Dollars for every banking product you take out with act. These dollars can be earned every month on your personal loan, and put towards a cause that matters to you. The interest rate for a secured personal loan is 7.79% p.a., while for the unsecured personal loan it is 12.79% p.a.
act. is no longer operating
As of 28 February 2018 act. is no longer in business. Existing act. accounts will continue to operate as normal for the time being, but you can find more information on act.'s website. This page reflects past act. product information.
act. personal loans comparison
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
- Secured Personal Loan. New or used vehicles over $2,000 can be purchased with this loan, and you can also use it to refinance an existing loan. A competitive 7.79% p.a. rate will stay in place for a period of between 1 to 7 years and you can make unlimited additional repayments.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. To finance something where you can't or don't have security, like a holiday, you can opt for the unsecured loan. Borrow a minimum of $2,000 and have up to 7 years to repay it – you'll repay your loan at a rate of 12.79% p.a.
The features that come with an act. personal loan
- Impact Dollars. For every banking product you take out with act., including a personal loan, you will earn Impact Dollars to put towards a cause that matters to you. For instance, a loan of $10,000 will earn you $4.16 per month in Impact Dollars.
- Unlimited additional repayments. If you're able to put extra money towards your loan, you can do so without worrying about penalties.
- Redraw facility. Both the secured and unsecured personal loans come with an online redraw facility, giving you access to any additional repayments you make.
- Repayment flexibility. Repay your loan as per your budget with the option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
Are there any other banking products from act.?
You can earn more Impact Dollars towards causes through any of the products offered by act. below.
- act. home loans. You can choose between a variable, fixed or interest-only loan with act. and take advantage of competitive rates, redraw facilities, free home insurance and other features.
- act. savings account. Put your savings to good use by earning interest as well as Impact Dollars. No monthly service fee is charged and interest is calculated daily.
- act. transaction account. You can also earn Impact Dollars with your transaction account as well as get access to features like a debit MasterCard and no monthly account fees. If you have an act. Home Loan you'll also pay no eligible transaction fees.
- act. credit cards. Choose between a platinum and a standard credit card, both earning you Impact Dollars. The platinum offering gives you travel insurance and 55 days interest-free on purchases while the standard offering gives you a competitive low rate.
How you can apply for a personal loan with act.
If you're interested in applying for a personal loan, just click 'Go to Site' to submit your application. You'll need to meet the following criteria:
- Over the age of 18
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are in paid employment
- There are no more than two applicants
- You have no defaults, court judgements or bankruptcies on your credit history
- You're not applying for business or commercial reasons
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, check you have the following information ready:
- Your income and employment details
- Information regarding your assets and commitments
- Driver's licence or passport number
- Medicare card details
More guides on Finder
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
Dyson V12 Detect Slim review: Baby love, my baby love
A delightful compact vacuum with an unjustifiable price.
Stan Event: Streaming platform joins pay-per-view ranks
A new player enters the Australian sports broadcast market.
Amazon Echo Buds (2nd Gen) review: Fine if you’re already trapped by Bezos
The Amazon Echo Buds 2 are a solid addition to your earholes if you’re already integrated in the Alexa ecosystem. But if you’re not, its hard to find anything here that really stands out.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert