We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're looking for a secured or unsecured personal loan, how about opting for a lender that lets you contribute to a cause you're passionate about? This is the core of banking and financing with act. Backed by Bendigo Bank, act. offers a new way of banking by letting you earn dollars for every product you have with it. These "Impact Dollars" can then be put towards an available project or cause. Find out more of the benefits of an act. Secured or Unsecured Personal Loan.
act. is no longer operating
As of 28 February 2018 act. is no longer in business. Existing act. accounts will continue to operate as normal for the time being, but you can find more information on act.'s website. This page reflects past act. product information.
act. personal loans comparison
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
- Secured Personal Loan. New or used vehicles over $2,000 can be purchased with this loan, and you can also use it to refinance an existing loan. A competitive 7.79% p.a. rate will stay in place for a period of between 1 to 7 years and you can make unlimited additional repayments.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. To finance something where you can't or don't have security, like a holiday, you can opt for the unsecured loan. Borrow a minimum of $2,000 and have up to 7 years to repay it – you'll repay your loan at a rate of 12.79% p.a.
The features that come with an act. personal loan
- Impact Dollars. For every banking product you take out with act., including a personal loan, you will earn Impact Dollars to put towards a cause that matters to you. For instance, a loan of $10,000 will earn you $4.16 per month in Impact Dollars.
- Unlimited additional repayments. If you're able to put extra money towards your loan, you can do so without worrying about penalties.
- Redraw facility. Both the secured and unsecured personal loans come with an online redraw facility, giving you access to any additional repayments you make.
- Repayment flexibility. Repay your loan as per your budget with the option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
Are there any other banking products from act.?
You can earn more Impact Dollars towards causes through any of the products offered by act. below.
- act. home loans. You can choose between a variable, fixed or interest-only loan with act. and take advantage of competitive rates, redraw facilities, free home insurance and other features.
- act. savings account. Put your savings to good use by earning interest as well as Impact Dollars. No monthly service fee is charged and interest is calculated daily.
- act. transaction account. You can also earn Impact Dollars with your transaction account as well as get access to features like a debit MasterCard and no monthly account fees. If you have an act. Home Loan you'll also pay no eligible transaction fees.
- act. credit cards. Choose between a platinum and a standard credit card, both earning you Impact Dollars. The platinum offering gives you travel insurance and 55 days interest-free on purchases while the standard offering gives you a competitive low rate.
How you can apply for a personal loan with act.
If you're interested in applying for a personal loan, just click 'Go to Site' to submit your application. You'll need to meet the following criteria:
- Over the age of 18
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are in paid employment
- There are no more than two applicants
- You have no defaults, court judgements or bankruptcies on your credit history
- You're not applying for business or commercial reasons
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, check you have the following information ready:
- Your income and employment details
- Information regarding your assets and commitments
- Driver's licence or passport number
- Medicare card details
More guides on Finder
Business loans for Centrelink recipients
Centrelink might block your business idea from taking off, but a variety of finance options including government schemes can help your business succeed.
Guarantor Personal Loans
If you don't quite meet the criteria for a personal loan, applying with a guarantor can help get your application over the line.
Great Southern Bank Variable Rate Personal Loan
With a Variable Rate Personal Loan from Great Southern Bank you get simplicity matched with the opportunity to save yourself hundreds of dollars in interest fees. The flexibility in repayments that this loan gives you makes it easy to keep up with and pay it off without incurring extra fees.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Personal Loan
When you have a large expense that your savings can’t cover, a personal loan at a fixed rate from Great Southern Bank is an option worth considering. With no fees and a competitive fixed interest rate, this could be the right loan for you.
Investment property tax deductions
Investment property tax deductions can be worth thousands of dollars – don't pay tax when you don't need to! Brush up on all the claims you're eligible for.
7 financial trends for 2021 and how to take advantage of them
Here's what changes to expect with your superannuation, savings, property and shares in 2021, and what actions you can take.
Should you refinance your home loan now?
SPONSORED: When you're looking to refinance, the timing is crucial. And right now, there's a lot to consider before making the switch.
Handypay Personal Loan
Find out more about Handypay's personal loans for home improvements. Personalised rates start from 6.75% p.a. on terms from 1 to 7 years.
Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan
Find out more about Pepper Money's no fee personal loan and benefit from a competitive rate from 6.95% p.a., zero fees and loan terms of up to 7 years.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert