act. Personal Loans
act. offers socially responsible banking that may help you get the financing you need.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
If you're looking for a secured or unsecured personal loan, how about opting for a lender that lets you contribute to a cause you're passionate about? This is the core of banking and financing with act. Backed by Bendigo Bank, act. offers a new way of banking by letting you earn dollars for every product you have with it. These "Impact Dollars" can then be put towards an available project or cause. Find out more of the benefits of an act. Secured or Unsecured Personal Loan.
act. is no longer operating
As of 28 February 2018 act. is no longer in business. Existing act. accounts will continue to operate as normal for the time being, but you can find more information on act.'s website. This page reflects past act. product information.
act. personal loans comparison
- Secured Personal Loan. New or used vehicles over
$2,000can be purchased with this loan, and you can also use it to refinance an existing loan. A competitive 7.79% p.a. rate will stay in place for a period of between 1to 7 yearsand you can make unlimited additional repayments.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. To finance something where you can't or don't have security, like a holiday, you can opt for the unsecured loan. Borrow a minimum of
$2,000and have up to 7 yearsto repay it – you'll repay your loan at a rate of 12.79% p.a.
The features that come with an act. personal loan
- Impact Dollars. For every banking product you take out with act., including a personal loan, you will earn Impact Dollars to put towards a cause that matters to you. For instance, a loan of $10,000 will earn you $4.16 per month in Impact Dollars.
- Unlimited additional repayments. If you're able to put extra money towards your loan, you can do so without worrying about penalties.
- Redraw facility. Both the secured and unsecured personal loans come with an online redraw facility, giving you access to any additional repayments you make.
- Repayment flexibility. Repay your loan as per your budget with the option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
Are there any other banking products from act.?
You can earn more Impact Dollars towards causes through any of the products offered by act. below.
- act. home loans. You can choose between a variable, fixed or interest-only loan with act. and take advantage of competitive rates, redraw facilities, free home insurance and other features.
- act. savings account. Put your savings to good use by earning interest as well as Impact Dollars. No monthly service fee is charged and interest is calculated daily.
- act. transaction account. You can also earn Impact Dollars with your transaction account as well as get access to features like a debit MasterCard and no monthly account fees. If you have an act. Home Loan you'll also pay no eligible transaction fees.
- act. credit cards. Choose between a platinum and a standard credit card, both earning you Impact Dollars. The platinum offering gives you travel insurance and 55 days interest-free on purchases while the standard offering gives you a competitive low rate.
How you can apply for a personal loan with act.
If you're interested in applying for a personal loan, just click 'Go to Site' to submit your application. You'll need to meet the following criteria:
- Over the age of 18
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are in paid employment
- There are no more than two applicants
- You have no defaults, court judgements or bankruptcies on your credit history
- You're not applying for business or commercial reasons
If you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, check you have the following information ready:
- Your income and employment details
- Information regarding your assets and commitments
- Driver's licence or passport number
- Medicare card details
More guides on Finder
Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan Review
Find out more about Pepper Money's no fee personal loan and benefit from a competitive rate from 6.95% p.a., zero fees and loan terms of up to 7 years.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
ebroker Business Loans review
Whatever your business loan requirement, ebroker may be able to help. With a range of loan options from over 70 bank and non-bank lenders compared on-site, could you find the right loan for your business?
The home loan hedge: Aussies prefer split rate mortgages
Finder research shows that 1 in 5 Aussies would prefer to split their mortgage between fixed and variable if they were to refinance. Find out how a split loan can benefit you.
Alex Personal Loan review
Alex is a neobank lender specialising in personalised rate personal loans. Find out more about Alex's personal loans and what fees and features are involved.
nmoni Personal Loans review
nmoni is an Australian lender that offers personal loans to both good and bad credit applicants. Find out more about nmoni's rates, fees and features.
Plenti Personal Loans
Looking for a competitive rate? Plenti offers loans funded by investors with rates that are tailored to your personal circumstances.
Personal loans for laptops
Find out everything you need to know about getting a loan for your laptop purchase, including what's available, if you're eligible and how to compare.
Algorand is searching for the Amazon of blockchain finance
Amazon's playbook for conquering the Internet can also apply to blockchain, with a few key differences.
Monzi personal loans
Monzi is a finance broker facilitating borrower and lender contracts Australia-wide. Borrowers looking for between $300 and $10,000 finance may want to consider a Monzi loan.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert