Kogan Insurance launches with $50 cashback deal
Home, contents, travel, car and landlord policies on offer.
Underwritten by Hollard, Kogan is offering home, contents, travel, car and landlord insurance policies. For its launch, it is offering a $50 cashback deal on selected policies. That offer runs until 16 August 2017. Its plans include pay-as-you-drive insurance for infrequent drivers.
"Bringing great value insurance to the Kogan.com community is an extension of our mission to make in-demand products and services more affordable and accessible," Kogan,com executive director David Shafer said in a statement. "Australia is one of the most underinsured countries in the world at the moment, and a large part of this is due to the high price in securing even a basic insurance policy."
Having launched as an eBay store selling TVs, Kogan has expanded into a wide range of retail markets, including mobile phone plans. It has also announced plans to offer NBN services, though it will have to wait until its telco partner Vodafone actually launches its own NBN offering.
- Market darling CSL just hit a new record high, is it a buy or sell?
- Binance Venus, the Fourth Industrial Revolution and empowering the bottom billion
- Opinion: Australia cash limit bill moves to hit cryptocurrency, despite bad maths
- Recruit Holdings, a $50 billion tech company, makes strategic investment in Blockstack
- Small businesses asked MYOB for Bunnings, and they got it