Kogan Insurance launches with $50 cashback deal
Home, contents, travel, car and landlord policies on offer.
Underwritten by Hollard, Kogan is offering home, contents, travel, car and landlord insurance policies. For its launch, it is offering a $50 cashback deal on selected policies. That offer runs until 16 August 2017. Its plans include pay-as-you-drive insurance for infrequent drivers.
"Bringing great value insurance to the Kogan.com community is an extension of our mission to make in-demand products and services more affordable and accessible," Kogan,com executive director David Shafer said in a statement. "Australia is one of the most underinsured countries in the world at the moment, and a large part of this is due to the high price in securing even a basic insurance policy."
Having launched as an eBay store selling TVs, Kogan has expanded into a wide range of retail markets, including mobile phone plans. It has also announced plans to offer NBN services, though it will have to wait until its telco partner Vodafone actually launches its own NBN offering.
- Beauty product of the week: Alpha H Liquid Gold Ultimate Perfecting Mask
- Cebu Pacific is flying Australians to the Philippines for $169
- Phil Wilson: Satoshi Nakamoto was Craig Wright, Dave Kleiman and I
- Fixed mortgage rates are dropping almost as low as variable rates
- Lending Express is making quick work of getting a business loan