5G mobile plans without big T's prices – yes, please!Read more…
Compare all iPhone SE 2022 plans in Australia
The budget phone of the Apple family is yours to own from just $2/day.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Compare iPhone SE plans in Australia
You can use the filters below to set a budget and data limit to suit your needs.
How much does the iPhone SE 2022 cost?
If you're looking to buy the iPhone SE outright, prices are as follows:
- $719 for the 64GB model
- $799 for the 128GB model
- $969 for the 256GB model
The phone itself costs the same price if you buy it on a plan from a provider.
Purchasing the iPhone SE 2022 on a plan with Telstra, Optus or Vodafone will break down the price over a 12-, 24- or 36-month repayment period, but you'll also need to add the cost of one of its phone plans.
Are there any iPhone SE 2022 deals?
At the moment, there's only 1 offer available across the main 3 telcos in Australia for the iPhone SE 2022.
- Vodafone is offering 3 months complimentary Apple TV+ subscription with any iPhone SE purchase.
What are Telstra iPhone SE 2022 plans like?
Assuming you want to pair the iPhone SE with Telstra's cheapest mobile plan (40GB for $55 per month) over 36 months, here's a breakdown of how much you'll be out of pocket.
Signing up to a Telstra phone plan comes with a bunch of perks and features including:
- 5G network access (on the Medium plan and higher).
- 12-month free subscription to Disney Plus (Medium plan and higher).
- No excess data charges. Your speeds will be capped at 1.5Mbps once your monthly data allowance runs out.
- Unlimited international texts to all countries and at least 30 minutes of free calls.
- Data-free streaming of live sport.
- Data sharing with up to 10 upfront mobile or data services linked to your account.
Telstra is known for having higher prices than the other 2 major providers, but if you're after comprehensive mobile coverage across the country, you'll want to sign up to the telco giant to get access to it.
What are Optus iPhone SE 2022 plans like?
Optus's cheapest SIM-only mobile plan costs $45 per month for 20GGB. If you pair it with its 36-month repayment plan, you could end up paying:
- 64GB model: From $64.96 per month
- 128GB model: From $67.18 per month
- 256GB model: From $71.90 per month
Optus' iPhone SE 2022 prices should be around $10 cheaper a month than Telstra. With only a 1% difference in mobile network coverage, if you spend most of your time in metropolitan areas, you could be better off paying Optus prices.
Signing up with Optus means you also get:
- Access to Optus Sport and OS Fitness at no extra cost.
- 5G network access on all postpaid SIM-only plans.
- Endless data. Your speeds will be capped at 1.5Mbps once you've chewed through your monthly data allowance.
- Data sharing across eligible plans linked to the same account.
- Option to connect digitally via eSIM if you're a new customer.
- Unlimited international calls and texts to 25 countries (on the Medium Choice Plus Plan and higher).
What are Vodafone iPhone SE 2022 plans like?
Vodafone offers the cheapest mobile plan of the lot, 40GB for $40 per month. If you pair that with a 36-month repayment plan, your monthly cost for the iPhone SE 2022 starts:
- 64GB model: From $59.97 per month
- 128GB model: From $62.19 per month
- 256GB model: From $66.91 per month
Choosing Vodafone will give you access to the following perks and features:
- Infinite data. Your speeds will get capped at 2Mbps once you've used up your monthly data allowance.
- 3 months of complimentary Apple+ TV.
- 5G access in selected areas.
- Access to arguably the best $5 international roaming add-on in Australia.
While Vodafone offers the cheapest prices for its phone plans, consider whether Vodafone's mobile coverage is enough for your needs. It tends to be patchier than Optus and Telstra in regional areas.
Which is better: iPhone SE 2022 or iPhone SE 2020?
You're likely comparing the newest iPhone SE to its predecessor. Here's a quick look at how they compare:
|Model||Apple iPhone SE 2020||Apple iPhone SE 5G|
|Display||4.7 inches||4.7 inches|
|Processor||A13 Bionic||A15 Bionic|
|Stated battery life||Up to 13 hours||Up to 13 hours|
|Colours||Black, White, PRODUCT (RED)||Midnight, Starlight, PRODUCT (RED)|
The iPhone SE 2022 is priced a bit higher, but it's somewhat justified thanks to its improved camera, 5G capability and Apple's A15 Bionic Chip (which was first used in the iPhone 13).
You can find a more detailed review of how the 2 models compare here.
Latest mobile news
Hurry, you only have until midnight tonight.Read more…
The short answer: It's still a decent pick,Read more…
Plus a whole range of other offers with Optus.Read more…
Big savings on Apple, Google and Samsung phones.Read more…
Get a brand new smartphone for less but blink and you'll miss out.Read more…
More guides on Finder
iPhone 13 plans in Australia
Find the best-value deal with your preferred network.
Optus iPhone plans
Owning a new iPhone just got more affordable. Pair an iPhone with any Optus mobile plan, with no lock-in contract.
Vodafone iPhone plans
Vodafone has some great deals if you're looking for an affordable way to own a new iPhone, with no excess data charges involved.
Compare every iPhone 12 mini plan in Australia
The iPhone 12 mini is now available for pre-order from the major providers, but how does it compare to the budget iPhone SE?
iPhone 12 plans
From Telstra's iPhone 12 plan with the widest coverage, to Vodafone's cheapest plan, we've got you covered.
iPhone SE plans
Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Optus iPhone XS plans
Optus offers competitive plan pricing for the brand-new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Telstra Australian iPhone XS plan pricing
Telstra has announced its contract pricing for the brand-new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Optus iPhone 8 plans
Optus has stopped offering the iPhone 8 on contract plans, but it still has mobile plans with the newer iPhone models.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
This Finder exclusive plan gets you a big data for under $1/day.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert