Exclusive to Finder, this amaysim deal give big data at small prices.
iPhone 13 plans in Australia
Pay as little as $77.47 for the new iPhone 13. Get it through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, depending on which telco offers you the most bang for your buck.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Compare iPhone 13 plans
You can use the filters below to either swap out the different iPhone 13 handsets, or set a budget and data limit to suit your needs.
Remember, the price of the phone doesn't actually change if you choose to buy it from a mobile provider. But it will make paying for your new phone more affordable since you're splitting the cost over a repayment period.
How do I find the best iPhone 13 plan for me?
The best iPhone 13 plan will look a bit different for everyone. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you out:
- Select a model that fits your bill. A few factors to consider are price, storage and what features you're after
- Opt for a provider that offers the most bang for you buck. Consider network coverage, price per month, data allowance on your mobile plan, discounts and other perks
- Decide on a plan length. It'll be cheaper per month if you go for a 36-month repayment period. However, you might end up paying more in the longer run. The good news is phone providers don't lock you into contracts anymore so you can leave whenever you want. Just pay off the remaining cost of your device before you exit
What's the cheapest iPhone 13 plan?
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone are all offering iPhone 13 plans with varying amounts of mobile data allowances.
However, if you want to pay the bare minimum, Vodafone takes the cake. It's offering the iPhone 13 (128GB) for $77.47 per month on a 36-month repayment contract.
This includes its $40 mobile plan that comes with 40GB data.
Keep in mind Vodafone is known for having the least coverage from the networks, so if you're in a rural or regional area, you may want to look elsewhere.
Should I buy the iPhone outright instead?
If you're not convinced getting the iPhone 13 on a plan is the right decision for you, you could consider buying it outright.
Overall, paying upfront is always going to be the cheaper option as you can pair it with a cheaper mobile plan of your choice. However, getting on a phone contract means you can manage your money in easier to pay off instalments.
We suggest doing a further deep dive into the pros and cons of buying the iPhone 13 outright versus on a plan here before making a decision.
Which provider offers the best iPhone 13 deals?
The best deal for you will depend on the network coverage you're after, how much data allowance you want and what bells and whistles most match your everyday needs.
Here's a breakdown of what you can get from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Telstra's iPhone 13 plans and offers
Telstra's sweeting its deal on the iPhone 13 with three noteworthy offers:
- Existing Telstra customers can get Apple's latest phone within 2 hours if you live in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Save $600 on your first year with Telstra by pairing your new phone contract with its 180GB mobile plan (price is down from $115 per month to $65 per month for your first 12 months)
- Get up to $625 when you trade-in an iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB
Pair the offers above with Telstra's iPhone 13 plan over 12, 24 or 36 months .
If you choose to leave early during any of the repayment periods, you'll need to pay off the remaining cost of your phone first.
With a Telstra plan, you can expect:
- 5G network access (if you choose the Medium plan or above).
- Data sharing with up to 10 upfront mobile or data services linked to your account.
- Data-free streaming for live sport.
- No excess data charges. Your speeds will be capped at 1.5Mbps once you've used up your data allowance.
- Unlimited international texts to all countries.
Optus iPhone 13 plans and offers
Optus, too, has a couple of aces up its sleeves:
- You can save $600 on your first year with Optus if you pair your phone contract with its 500GB mobile plan. It'll cost you $65 instead of $115 for your first 12 months
- Trade-in offer of $400 for all iPhone 12 and iPhone 11's that are in good working condition
If the offers above sound appealing, you can pair them with Optus' 12, 24 and 36-month handset repayment plans. With Optus, you'll get:
- Access to Optus Sport and OS Fitness at no extra cost.
- 5G network access on all plans.
- Endless data. Your speeds will be capped at 1.5Mbps once you've chewed through your monthly data allowance.
- Data sharing across eligible plans linked to the same account.
- New mobile customers can connect digitally via eSIM
Just remember that leaving before your repayment period ends means you'll need to pay off the remaining cost of your device.
Vodafone's iPhone 13 plans and offers
Vodafone's also come in hot for the iPhone 13 launch with a few strong deals of its own:
- Get 50% off its plan costs for the first 3 months on the majority of its mobile plans bar one - the unlimited data plan (online only)
- Until September 30, you'll get $20 off each month if you pair your iPhone with Vodafone's unlimited Ultra+ plan. This means the plan will cost you $65 a month instead of $85 for the life of your plan
- $150 bonus credit when you trade-in an eligible device
Vodafone is currently the only provider in Australia to offer a truly unlimited data mobile plan. So if low cost and big data matters to you, give Vodafone a whirl.
If you pair an iPhone 13 with Vodafone, you'll get:
- Infinite data on most of its plans. Expect speeds up to 10Mbps once you've used up all your data.
- Hotspotting allowed from your mobile to your personal devices only.
- Option to pair your handset with Vodafone's unlimited mobile data plan which costs $85 a month and is the only truly unlimited plan in Australia right now.
- $150 of bonus trade-in credit towards your iPhone 13 if you trade-in an eligible device before October 31.
Again, you'll need to pay off the remaining cost of your device if you choose to leave early.
Is it worth getting an iPhone 13?
Apple doesn't do cheap phones so you should ask yourself if you need an upgrade.
The iPhone 13 isn't a game changer and largely has the same features as last year's model. However, there are some improvements on the camera and storage front that might be intriguing.
|Model||iPhone 12||iPhone 13|
|Display size||6.1 inches||6.1 inches|
|Resolution||2532 x 1170||2532 x 1170|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||476||476|
|Dimensions||146.7mm x 71.5mm x 7.4mm||146.7mm x 71.5mm x 7.65mm|
|Wi-Fi||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax|
|Processor||Apple A14 Bionic||Apple A15 Bionic|
|Water resistance rating||IP68||IP68|
|Charging||Lightning, no charger supplied||Lightning, no charger supplied|
|Wireless charging||Yes, MagSafe compatible||Yes, MagSafe compatible|
More guides on Finder
Google Pixel 6: Australian price, specs and release date
Google's re-entry into the premium phone market relies strongly on the smarts of its new Tensor processor.
Two ways Pixel 6 Pro beats iPhone 13 Pro Max
What happens when you compare Apple's latest flagship the iPhone 13 Pro Max with Google's freshly arrived Pixel 6 Pro?
Google Pixel 6 has dropped: Here’s how to get $200 off
Google's next generation Pixel is available for pre-orders from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Google Pixel 6 Pro: Australian price, specs and release date
Google's new flagship phone is big on features and promises, but moderate in terms of pricing.
Score a free Galaxy Watch 4 with a new S21 from Telstra
Telstra's throwing in a free gift worth up to $649 with all S21 5G purchases for 1 week only.
Where to buy Squid Game costumes in Australia
Here are the best places to buy Squid Gam outfits online in Australia so you can dress up as your favourite character on Halloween.
How to make NFTs
Find out all you need to create your own NFTs – the new application of blockchain technology that enables digital ownership of assets.
Suunto 9 Peak review: Fitness tracking for the truly dedicated
The Suunto 9 Peak has impressive physical design and great battery life, but its price and responsiveness mean that it's best suited to very serious workout warriors only.
FREE: Get an unlimited data mobile plan for $0
This October deal is hard to look past.
Telstra’s 1-day sale: $500 off S21 Ultra and iPhone 12 Pro
Telstra Day discounts are back from now until midnight.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert