Video: 5 major rip-offs and how to avoid them
Don't fall for these obviously overpriced options.
Smart shoppers don't pay more than they have to. In the video above, I cover some of the more obvious rip-offs Australians can encounter, and (more importantly) the simple things you can do to avoid them.
This video features topics I write about regularly in Findings, including the best way to get value for your points, the price of Vegemite and the problem with Tim-Tams. It also highlights some less obvious areas where you can save a lot, such as car rental excess insurance and ATM fees. Enjoy!
Angus Kidman's Findings column looks at new developments and research that help you save money, make wise decisions and enjoy your life more. It appears regularly on Finder.
- Why I paid $10 more to earn credit card points on a Qantas flight
- Exclusive: Get 15,000 extra Qantas Points on top of existing card offers
- Earn free Qantas or Velocity Points at JB Hi-Fi: Get in quick!
- Should I take my Qantas Loyalty Bonus as points or Status Credits?
- When do frequent flyer reward seats become available?