Video: 5 major rip-offs and how to avoid them
Don't fall for these obviously overpriced options.
Smart shoppers don't pay more than they have to. In the video above, I cover some of the more obvious rip-offs Australians can encounter, and (more importantly) the simple things you can do to avoid them.
This video features topics I write about regularly in Findings, including the best way to get value for your points, the price of Vegemite and the problem with Tim-Tams. It also highlights some less obvious areas where you can save a lot, such as car rental excess insurance and ATM fees. Enjoy!
Angus Kidman's Findings column looks at new developments and research that help you save money, make wise decisions and enjoy your life more. It appears regularly on Finder.
- This Virgin Australia sale is bringing you fares from $79 a pop
- Virgin Australia sale drops fares from $69 across 300,000 seats
- Fly across Australia from $99 with Qantas’s 2020 Boxing Day sale
- Score $75 flights with the Virgin Australia Boxing Day sale
- Take off across the country from $75 with this Virgin Australia sale