- Available markets
- Phone, Email, After hours, Live chat
FairMarkets is a CFD broker that lets you trade across a variety of markets including commodities, indices, forex and cryptocurrencies. It has access to both Meta 4 and Meta 5 trading.
For those looking to trade, FairMarkets offers competitive fees on both its spreads, commissions and swap fees.
The broker also offers a few different account types, with its standard account designed for newer traders while its premium account addresses the needs of those who have been trading for years.
Different account types to meet different traders' needs
Strong platforms and tools
Automated trading facilities
Only allows you to trade CFDs which are riskier assets
Limited educational resources
|Support||Phone, Email, After hours, Live chat|
Assets you can trade with FairMarkets
The FairMarkets platform gives you access to:
- Index CFDs
FairMarkets account types
If you sign up with FairMarkets you'll have the choice between 2 different account types with the main difference being how you pay a commission.
Signing up to either account gives you the same user-friendly features including no minimum deposits, negative account balance protections and algorithm trading strategies.
If you sign up with a standard account you'll have to pay spreads starting from 0.6 pips, but you won't be charged a commission.
On the flip side, if you sign up for the Premium account, your spreads start from $0 but you'll pay $2 per round lot.
For large networth individuals there's also the Ace account. But this is based on a government definition of "sophisticated investors", meaning you'll need to have either $2.5 million in assets or make $250,000 to access this account.
Markets you can access
FairMarkets offers more than 500 global instruments to trade:
- Forex – 36 currency pairs.
- Indices – You can trade popular indices such as the S&P 500. Additionally you can trade leading companies' stocks as groups. You can deal with US 30, UK 100, S&P 500, DAX 40, FRA 40, JPN 225, HK50 and NASDAQ 100 besides ASX 200 shares. This option is targeted at those who are undecided on a specific share to trade.
- Commodities – Trade both hard and soft commodities including gold, silver, Brent oil and WTI.
- Cryptocurrency – You can trade Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin through the platform.
What other features do you get with FairMarkets?
The platform has a few additional features worth highlighting:
- Alerts. You can set up key alerts that will let you know when an asset you are tracking reaches a certain price. This can be done via audio, email or push notifications on your phone.
- Education. While FairMarkets is a little limited in this department, it still offers free ebooks, occasional webinars, economic calendars, calculators and trading central pages directly to your feed so you can see the latest market research and expert analysis.
- Demo accounts. If you are newer to trading or want to test a theory, FairMarkets offers demo accounts.
- MetaTrader booster pack. For serious traders you can get a booster pack for MT4 and MT5 platforms that offers you 9 add-ons including sentiment trackers, session maps and alarm manager. However, it's worth pointing out that you'll need to deposit $1,000 into your account for this feature.
- One-click trading. If you're looking to trade fast, this feature will allow you to execute orders with a single click without the need for secondary confirmation.
- Range of order types. You can manage your trading through market orders, limit orders, stop loss orders and trailing stop losses if you sign up with FairMarkets.
- Automated trading. You can sign up to both copy trading and automated trading. FairMarkets trading signals lets you copy others, while its automated trading features will help your trading.
How much does FairMarkets cost?
If you sign up with FairMarkets, the fees will differ depending on which type of account you are trading.
- Aussie Premium: You'll pay a commission of $2 per round lot. But you'll also gain access to spreads starting from 0.0, no commission specific to AUD crosses, energies, metals and the ASX 200 index.
- Standard: The standard account is commission free but you'll pay spreads starting from 0.6 pip.
FairMarkets customer support
FairMarkets offers its customers 24/5 support through a number of channels including:
- Live chat
The live chat service is only available during business hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm.
How to open an account with FairMarkets
If you're looking to sign up, it's a fairly easy process but you'll have to complete the following:
- Go onto the company site and click "open account" which is in the top right corner.
- Go through and complete your online application, including adding your basic information.
- Select your account type – Standard or Premium.
- Verify your account.
- Add funds to your account and start trading.
If you sign up for FairMarkets, you'll gain access to 24 hours a day trading between Sunday and Friday.
This is mainly due to the times that foreign markets are open.
What you'll need
If you are going to sign up, you'll need access to your basic information and some sort of identification so that the operator knows it is you.
Is Fair Markets safe?
FairMarkets is an Australian broker that is regulated by a couple of our local bodies. The broker has provided its details with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) and the Financial Services Council (FSC), meaning it is well regulated.
The broker also uses industry standard encryption technology which can also mean your data is as safe as anywhere else.
Compare FairMarkets with other platforms
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked