The ThinCats P2P Business Loans is designed to help SMEs fund the next stage of their operations. Once you apply, your application will be reviewed and listed to auction. Investors will then bid to fund your loan and once the auction is complete, the funds will be transferred to you. You will have to fixed monthly repayments, including principal and interest. The borrowing amounts range from $50,000 to $300,000 with terms from 6 months to 5 years. The interest rate ranges from 12% p.a. to 20% p.a., and the fees include a loan arrangement fee of 6% the loan amount, a monthly administration fee and legal and stamp duties.
How does a P2P business loan from ThinCats work?
You can apply for a business loan of between $50,000 and $300,000, either directly through ThinCats or through a sponsor or introductory. When you apply, your application will be assessed by the ThinCats credit team, who will also help you prepare an information packet that will be presented to investors. A loan auction will be held to get your loan funded.
Your loan is repaid in monthly instalments over a period of 6 months to 5 years, and the interest rate is determined during the loan auction process. You can repay your loan early without penalty.
What businesses are these loans suited to?
When you submit your application, the ThinCats credit team will review it using its risk assessment criteria. Here are a few guidelines to help you understand what kind of businesses they are looking to have on the platform:
- ThinCats offers loans to help you grow your business, which can be used for working capital, equipment finance or infrastructure finance.
- Experienced business operators who can demonstrate the ability to service the debt
- The broad target market for ThinCats loans is as follows:
- Top-up finance for established and profitable SME
- Startup companies with industry-experienced directors
- Short-term, medium-term or long-term construction finance, acquisition finance and general finance
What features come with a ThinCats P2P Business Loans?
This innovative loan comes with numerous features and benefits, including:
- Benefits for borrowers and investors. You can benefit whether you're looking to borrow or invest. Borrowers can access funds to grow their business while investors can lend and receive competitive rates in return.
- Large loan amounts available. You may be eligible to borrow anywhere between $50,000 to $300,000.
- Loan security. These are secured business loans, which help to establish you as less of a risk to investors.
- Fixed repayments. Your repayments will be made in fixed monthly instalments over a period ranging from 1 year to 5 years.
- No fees for early repayments. If you find you can repay the loan early, you're able to do so without being charged a fee.
How much will you be charged?
Consider the following costs before applying for a ThinCats loan:
- Loan arrangement fee: 6% of the loan amount, due on loan drawdown.
- Monthly administration fee: (plus GST) of the outstanding balance.
- Legal fees and stamp duty: These are fees incurred by ThinCats to process your loan.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert