We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How does a P2P business loan from ThinCats work?
You can apply for a business loan of between $50,000 and $300,000, either directly through ThinCats or through a sponsor or introductory. When you apply, your application will be assessed by the ThinCats credit team, who will also help you prepare an information packet that will be presented to investors. A loan auction will be held to get your loan funded.
Your loan is repaid in monthly instalments over a period of 2 years to 5 years, and the interest rate is determined during the loan auction process. You can repay your loan early without penalty.
What businesses are these loans suited to?
When you submit your application, the ThinCats credit team will review it using its risk assessment criteria. Here are a few guidelines to help you understand what kind of businesses they are looking to have on the platform:
- ThinCats offers loans to help you grow your business, which can be used for working capital, equipment finance or infrastructure finance.
- Experienced business operators who can demonstrate the ability to service the debt
- The broad target market for ThinCats loans is as follows:
- Top-up finance for established and profitable SME
- Startup companies with industry-experienced directors
- Short-term, medium-term or long-term construction finance, acquisition finance and general finance
What features come with a ThinCats P2P Business Loans?
This innovative loan comes with numerous features and benefits, including:
- Benefits for borrowers and investors. You can benefit whether you're looking to borrow or invest. Borrowers can access funds to grow their business while investors can lend and receive competitive rates in return.
- Large loan amounts available. You may be eligible to borrow anywhere between $50,000 to $300,000.
- Loan security. These are secured business loans, which help to establish you as less of a risk to investors.
- Fixed repayments. Your repayments will be made in fixed monthly instalments over a period ranging from 2 years to 5 years.
- No fees for early repayments. If you find you can repay the loan early, you're able to do so without being charged a fee.
How much will you be charged?
Consider the following costs before applying for a ThinCats loan:
- Loan arrangement fee: 6% of the loan amount, due on loan drawdown.
- Monthly administration fee: (plus GST) of the outstanding balance.
- Legal fees and stamp duty: These are fees incurred by ThinCats to process your loan.
Am I eligible to apply?
Generally, ThinCats is looking for SMEs that require loans for growth and experienced business operators who can service the debt. If you have a capacity and willingness to repay the loan, which includes principal and interest repayments, you may be eligible to apply.
Can I be approved with bad credit?
Businesses need to have no overdue ATO debt and no history of defaults in order to be eligible for a ThinCats loan.
What financial information do I need to provide?
You'll need to provide information such as up-to-date BAS returns, quarterly management accounts, financial spreadsheets showing adequate debt service coverage, interest coverage, and positive current and projected cash flows.
Do I need to provide security?
Yes, security is required for this loan. Security may include real estate, but keep in mind that all loans are secured by a first charge over your assets and recorded on the Personal Property Securities Register.
Do the company directors need to be involved with the loan?
Personal guarantees are obtained from all company directors.
More guides on Finder
Business loans for Centrelink recipients
Centrelink might block your business idea from taking off, but a variety of finance options including government schemes can help your business succeed.
Cash.com.au Business Loans
Cash.com.au is a specialist broker service partnered with over 20 reputable Australian lenders. Find the perfect finance for your business.
Guide to loans for businesses in decline
Experiencing a business downturn? Your guide to finance.
Guide to loans for stagnant businesses
Has your business growth plateaued? There are ways to access finance to get it moving again.
Loans for Established Businesses
How to find financing when your business has cemented its position.
Start up business loans
If you're a startup founder and you want to apply for a loan, find an angel investor or put it all on a credit card, this guide will take you through your options.
Peer-to-peer personal loans
The benefits of borrowing from a peer with the security of an established lender: This guide will take you through what you need to know about peer-to-peer lending in Australia, including who offers the loans.
Ask an Expert