Belong Mobile joins list of Telstra providers to raise prices. What’s the impact?
Belong Mobile's increasing the price of its entry level mobile plan in July by $4 a month but giving a bit more data in return.
Belong joins a list of telcos to announce prices hikes on their mobile plans. The good news for Belong customers is the impact is limited to its entry level plan which will be scrapped and replaced with a newer version.
The changes to its entry level plan are:
- Original plan: $25 per month for 20GB
- New plan: $29 per month for 25GB
Everything else remains the same.
Existing customers will be notified and shifted to the new plan when the change comes into effect on 4 July 2023.
According to Belong, if you want to change to a different plan after 4 July, you will have to wait until your next payment cycle.
Is the new entry level Belong plan still worth it?
With just about everything getting more expensive, you might not be happy with an additional $4 a month increase.
It may only suit those that don't mind getting more data in return.
If you don't want to pay more but still want a plan on the Telstra network, here's a few options to consider that are month-to-month.
MATE Mobile's $25 plan comes with 22GB of data. If you sign up now your plan for the first month will only cost $1. You can bank up to 500GB of data and make unlimited calls to 15 countries.
Tangerine Mobile's 22GB plan costs $24.90 a month with up to 500GB of data banking allowed.
Woolworths Mobile has a similar plan. Pay $25 for 22GB of data and get 10% off your monthly groceries in return.
Which other mobile providers are raising prices?
Telstra itself that will be increasing the cost of both its Upfront and prepaid mobile plans from 4 July as well.
- Its upfront plans will become $3 to $6 more expensive per month. It was almost a year back - 2 July 2022 to be exact - that Telstra raised its prices by $3 to $4 a month.
- Telstra's prepaid plans will also become more expensive by $2 to $5 more per recharge.
- Boost Mobile has also announced price increases on the majority of its prepaid plans by $2 to $30 from 4 July.
- Woolworths Mobile raised its prices by up to 25% on 24 April 2023.
There's a good chance other providers could very well follow suit, including those on the Optus and Vodafone networks.
Want more options? Check out our roundup of the best mobile plans on the Telstra network.