Ampol offers fuel cards that are designed to help you get more value every time you fill up your car at over 1,900 locations across Australia. This includes corporate fuel cards for businesses, as well as prepaid cards anyone can buy and use at Ampol.
Comparison of Ampol Fuel Cards
Compare different types of Ampol cards
These are the major features, fees and benefits of each Ampol fuel card type:
The AmpolCard is a corporate fuel card available to Australian businesses. It offers a simple way to get extra value from your work road trips. For a monthly fee of $2.95 per card, you can receive discounts of 4 cents per litre on Vortex Premium fuels, 2 cents per litre on regular petrol or diesel, 10% on packaged lubricants and 5% on convenience items at selected sites.
This card could also help with managing business card costs as it comes with a single, ATO-approved monthly statement that tracks all of your company’s vehicle expenses. It also offers easy online management, as well as optional extras such as roadside assistance or vehicle repairs at an additional monthly cost.
AmpolCash is a prepaid fuel card that's similar to a gift card. It can be purchased in multiple denominations of $25, $50, $100, $250 and $500 and also comes in digital format.
AmpolCash is available for purchase from participating service stations in Ampol's network. You can also order AmpolCash online as either the Classic (physical) card or as a digital card that can be instantly downloaded to your smartphone for cardless payments.
Features and benefits of an Ampol fuel card
These are the major benefits of an Ampol fuel card:
- Save on fuel costs. The AmpolCard offers fuel savings and in-store discounts that can amount to substantial cost reductions over time.
- Track business fuel costs easily. Stay on top of your corporate car expenses by having them all consolidated in a single ATO-approved monthly statement. This simplifies bookkeeping and reduces accounting costs.
- Card acceptance. At the moment, you can use Ampol fuel cards at over 1,900 locations in the Ampol network.
How to apply for an Ampol fuel card
While the requirements for both cards differ, you may apply for all of them online at the Ampol website simply by following the appropriate prompts.
What you need to apply for the AmpolCard fuel card
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be a director/partner/owner/trustee to complete the application
- Your 11-digit ABN
- Your driver’s licence details
- Details of your company's directors, partners or trustees
- Details of your bank account
What you need to apply for the AmpolCash fuel card
- Consumer. Consumer cards can be purchased online with a credit card. You’ll need to choose your denomination and number of cards, provide your name, billing address, and credit card details.
- Corporate. Corporate cards must be ordered via the online form, after which an invoice will be generated and your payment made via direct deposit or cheque. You will need to provide details of your company including ABN and contact details, billing and delivery addresses. You will also need to indicate the card denomination and quantity required, as well as a delivery method which can cost up to $55 if you select courier service.
Each Ampol fuel card offers specific benefits and savings to its cardholders. But before choosing a fuel card, you should research other available options to decide which one will deliver the best value and reward given your specific needs.Back to top
More guides on Finder
This fuel card offers businesses a way to track and manage fleet spending, with custom discounts at service stations across Australia.
7-Eleven Fuel Pass
Save on fuel at 7-Eleven with this fuel card you can use across the WEX Motorpass network.
AmpolCard fuel card
Designed to suit small businesses, here's how the AmpolCard can help you save on fuel costs and earn rewards.
Reduce your administration costs by managing your fuel spending with a Shell Fuel Card.
Fuel Cards and Vouchers
As many petrol stations or supermarkets have fuel cards and vouchers available for purchase in-store or online, finding a fuel gift card for a quick, considerate gift (or even for personal use) is remarkably simple.