We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you’re looking for a way to finance a large purchase, a holiday, or even an investment such as home renovations, consider a three-year fixed rate personal loan. These loans are suited to a wide range of needs. Find out what these loans are, how they work, how to compare them and if they are right for you.
- Get a personalised comparison rate based on your credit score
100% confidential application
Plenti Fixed Rate Personal Loan
Plenti offers this unsecured personal loan with a fixed or variable rate. Receive a tailored interest rate from 5.99% p.a. based on your risk profile.
- Interest rate from: 5.99% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 6.27% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: From $99 to $499
- Minimum loan amount: $2,001
- Maximum loan amount: $50,000
When you apply for a fixed rate personal loan, the rate applied to your loan when you sign the contract will remain the same throughout the entire loan term. Typically, these loans have a loan term of three years, but some lenders offer a loan with a fixed rate term of three years but a total loan term of up to seven. The remainder of the term has a variable rate applied.
These loans can be secured or unsecured and fees and restrictions differ depending on the lender. However, you'll usually see both early repayment fees and fees for making additional repayments.
What types of these personal loans are available?
Three-year fixed rate loans can be used for various purposes and there are a few different types available:
- Three-year fixed rate car loans. If you’re looking at buying a new or used car you will find various options for three-year fixed loans. As the loan is secured you will be able to lock in a competitive low rate, depending on the lender.
- Three-year fixed rate secured loans. Even if you aren’t purchasing a vehicle you can still consider a secured personal loan. If you hold equity in your home, have money in a term deposit or own a high-value asset such as fine art or jewellery, you may be able to use it to guarantee the loan.
- Three-year fixed rate unsecured loans. You can use funds from an unsecured loan to go on a holiday, consolidate debt, buy big-ticket items, or for any other purpose, and not risk a secured asset.
How you can compare your three-year fixed rate options
If you’re considering a three-year fixed rate loan as a financing option, it’s best to compare your options to find the right loan for you. Here are some features to look out for when comparing:
- The interest rate. You will be locked into this rate for three years, so ensure it’s competitive. When comparing your options on finder.com.au, you can sort comparison tables like the one above by clicking on the column heading. Remember, secured loans tend to have better rates than unsecured loans.
- The upfront and ongoing fees. Are there any application fees? Will you be charged monthly or annual fees? The comparison rate will give you an idea of the true cost of the loan, as it incorporates the rate and fees.
- The other fees you may be charged. Fixed rate loans often attract fees for making additional repayments, accessing redraw facilities (if available) and repaying your loan ahead of time. Be sure to check these before you apply.
- The eligibility criteria. Are you eligible for the loans you’re comparing? By clicking on the name of the loan in finder.com.au comparison tables you can see a list of the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply – this may help you narrow down your options and find loans more suited to your needs.
Weighing up the benefits of fixed rate loans
- You can lock in a competitive rate that stays in place for three years
- A three-year term can help keep your repayments low, depending on how much you borrow
- A range of lenders offer three-year fixed rate personal loans so you have many loans to compare
- If market conditions improve, you won’t benefit from lowered repayments
- You will usually need to pay a fee to pay back your loan early or make additional repayments
- If your situation changes and you need to switch to a loan with a longer loan term, you may need to pay a fee
Check out other fixed rate personal loans
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best Ukuleles in Australia
These are the 6 best Ukuleles you can buy right now in Australia.
From costs and finance options to what materials you’ll need, learn about bathroom renovations in this comprehensive guide.
Best portable fridge freezers in Australia 2021: Single zone
There’s no shortage of cooling options when camping, working or four-wheel driving, but what are the best portable fridge freezers in Australia?
Best rum in Australia
These are the six best rums you can buy right now in Australia.
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
Christmas comedown: 1 in 4 Aussies worried about housing costs
One in four (25%) Australians are worried about how they will pay the rent or mortgage after Christmas, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site. Find out how the Finder App can help save you money in 2021.
UCapital Unsecured Business Loan
A UCapital unsecured business loan can provide up to $300,000 without security, with repayment terms between 3 and 12 months.
What is a redraw facility?
Here's what borrowers need to know about home loans with redraw facilities.
It’s official: Comparing home loans saves you big money
Lenders often give discounts to new borrowers, but not to loyal existing customers. Here's how to work out if you're being charged too much.
Best men’s watches in Australia
These are the six best men's watches you can buy right now in Australia.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 10.5% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants. Note: These rates are available until 2 February 2021. Credit, eligibility criteria and terms & conditions apply.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert