Veda can help you manage your credit history as one of Australia’s leading credit reporting agencies and analytics providers.
Veda is a leading credit information and analytics provider in Australia and offers many data solutions to businesses and individuals. By collecting credit data, market trends and other vital factors in the business and lending environment, Veda is able to give its customers a better understanding of financial issues. Over the years, Veda has established a database that contains vital information on the credit profiles of over 20 million individuals and more than 5.7 million commercial organisations in Australia, making it an iconic data and analytics business.
Who are Veda?
Veda was founded in 1967 as a credit reference association. It would accumulate data on commercial entities and individuals and analyse it so as to develop a comprehensive credit report. This information then gave lenders an insight into their customers’ creditworthiness and risk index. With over 40 years of experience and an international footprint, Veda has established itself as a leading data and analytics business.
Credit reports are constantly changing, so lenders need a service provider that can accumulate, interpret and transform new data to provide a better picture of a certain entity’s ability to repay credit. This is why Veda is dedicated to providing comprehensive credit reports for individuals and organisations.
What credit reporting services does Veda offer?
Veda offers a range of personal solutions to help you protect and manage your credit information. Here are the core products and services offered by Veda:
- Credit reports. Veda understands that your credit report is a major asset to you, which is why it is dedicated to ensuring that your credit history is accurate at all times. Veda allows you to order a free credit report within ten days, or you can order a credit report within one day for a fee.
- Credit alerts. To help business entities and individuals better manage their credit reports, Veda offers an alert service that dispatches email alerts whenever specific changes are made to your credit file. This allows you to remain informed and stay on top of the information in your credit file.
- VedaScore. Veda gives you the confidence to apply for credit by helping you improve your credit score and better your credit reputation with lenders. Your VedaScore is a number between zero and 1200, calculated using the information on your credit file. It gives lenders an accurate assessment of your creditworthiness at any given time. Accessing your VedaScore can help you understand what is affecting your credit rating so that you can improve your credit score.
- Identity Watch. Identity theft is a serious crime in Australia that can expose you to major losses, time wastage and bad credit scores. Veda offers an Identity Watch service that monitors information on your credit cards and sends you alerts whenever your information is found to be compromised.
- Score Tracker. Tracking your VedaScore over a period of time can help you figure out what affects your credit rating and help you determine the best time to put in a credit application. This tool from Veda charts your score and helps you look more attractive to lenders.
Order a copy of your credit file
Receive email alerts whenever specific changes occur on your credit file for 12 months. You also receive a copy of your credit file despatched within one working day.
Receive your credit file with information on:
- Details of consumer credit enquiries
- Details of overdue consumer credit accounts
- Commercial credit enquiries
- Details of overdue commercial credit accounts
- Bankruptcy & Court Judgements
- Writs & Summons
- Information on your current relationship with a credit provider
- $79.95 p.a. annual fee
How to read a credit report from Veda
Credit reports from Veda contain useful information on an individual’s credit history and credit score. The file will contain the following fields of information:
- Consumer credit. This field contains information about consumer credit, including loan enquiries made in the past five years for personal purposes or renovations and refinancing, and also list guarantor information. This section of your Veda credit file will also list any credit infringements and overdue debts.
- Credit account information. This section contains details of all open accounts, including your current loans and credit card accounts, their opening and closing dates and your credit limit or requests to increase your limit. It also shows accounts you've held in the past but are now closed.
- Monthly repayment history. Your Veda credit file contains information of monthly repayments on loans and utility bills, including information about whether you missed a payment or made the minimum repayments on your mortgages, credit cards and other debts.
- Commercial credit section. This section contains enquiries about your commercial credit management and focuses on information on overdue commercial accounts, credit providers currently giving you credit for your business, and enquiries on business partners, directorship and property investment.
- Public record information. This section will contain court judgments, debt agreements, bankruptcy, insolvency notes and court writs.
What other services does it provide?
- Fraud prevention. Veda can help you protect your identity by closely watching your credit report and sending you alerts whenever there is an online breach of your credit card or bank account.
- Credit risk management. By providing you vital information on business and individual credit histories, Veda can help you minimise credit risk and ensure credit retention and profitability in your organisation improves through responsible lending.
- Secure Sentinel. The Secure Sentinel service secures your important documents and items, such as credit cards and passports, should you lose them. Veda can cancel lost financial cards, block your mobile phone, and offer reliable loss and theft assistance whenever you need it.
- Tenancy Check. This service helps protect property owners from defaulted rent payments and damage to rental property by providing the credit information they need to vet new tenants.
- Property Value. Veda offers independent property valuation information that helps you stay ahead of the pack in terms of market trends and property sales. With Veda, you will access the latest house prices and trends in the real estate market in Australia so that you can make sound investment decisions.
- Insurance Passport. Get access to your insurance claims history and other information to help you receive the best price from insurance companies. Veda will help you make the right disclosures while applying for insurance to ensure that you achieve this.
- Car history.Get access to the history of used cars on sale and save yourself the hassle of doing the research yourself. This allows you to buy safer used cars and get better deals.
What are some of the features and benefits Veda offers with its products?
Veda helps you access and manage your credit score to improve how you look to lenders. The comprehensive Veda database containing credit information on companies, businesses and individuals can help you minimise the risk of accruing bad credit by giving you updated information about the credit histories of your customers.
Veda also provides analytics services that help you understand and apply financial and credit data to empower your business. The various Veda packages on offer allow you to protect your identity and credit information, track your credit score to improve it and time your credit applications, and find solutions to personal and business financial and data analysis problems.
If you want enquiries made into an entity in your credit report, Veda can investigate and correct incorrect information to ensure your credit file remains accurate. This helps to ensure that your credit score improves and that you can be confident to apply for credit.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of Veda?
- Wide range of products. Veda offers a range of personal solutions that enable you to secure your documents against loss, access information on your credit score and protect yourself from identity theft. Veda can also help you understand and improve your credit rating and offer you many more services to help you find solutions to financial and credit management problems.
- Convenience. Veda helps you conveniently find services and relevant information, minimising the hassle of shopping around for information on tenants, property value, used car histories etc. You can also access credit information on your customers from the Veda website.
- Risk management. You can manage personal and business risk through Veda, as it helps you secure your financial information and avoid giving credit to individuals with bad credit histories. This reduces chances of fraud or defaults.
- Wait for updates. New information about your credit accounts may not be updated to your Veda credit file immediately.
- Subscriptions are required to view your VedaScore. If you'd like to receive your VedaScore along with your credit file you'll need to sign up to Veda's Starter Pack (or one of it's other higher level packages). This comes at a cost of $79.95.
Veda is a credit reporting agency offering credit information and a host of personal solutions and services that help you manage your financial information, improve your credit profile and protect yourself or your business from fraud or identity theft. By constantly accumulating data and connecting it to its customers’ credit information, Veda has built a broad database that can provide deeper insights on your customers’ credit histories and credit scores.