Guide to Travel Money Oz
From currency exchange to the Cash Passport, organise your foreign cash with ease using our guide to Travel Money Oz.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Travel Money Oz is one of the leaders in foreign exchange and travel money in Australia. Whether you’re looking for a multi-currency prepaid travel card or need to buy foreign cash, it offers plenty of options for Aussies looking to spend or send money overseas. Check out our guide to Travel Money Oz to compare available products, weigh up the pros and cons and decide whether or not it’s the right travel money stop for you.
Compare Travel Money Oz products
From prepaid travel money cards to international travel insurance, you can compare the products offered by Travel Money Oz below.
You can exchange your cash to a foreign currency before you leave for your overseas trip with Travel Money Oz. It buys and sells 60+ different international currencies with no fees or commission on cash and EFTPOS transactions. You can exchange your cash in-store or online via the Travel Money Oz website.
If you buy online, you can choose your currency and use the rate calculator to see today’s rate. You can then choose to pay via BPAY, credit or debit card and then select to pick it up at your nearest Travel Money Oz store.
Travel money cards
If you want the convenience of a prepaid card with locked in exchange rates, the Key to the World Currency Card could be the right travel money option for you. A secure way to access your cash overseas, you can load ten different currencies on the travel money card including:
You can use your card wherever Mastercard is accepted, including for ATM withdrawals and online purchases. You can also lock in exchange rates when you load the funds on your card, so you can avoid fluctuating exchange rates and better manage your travel budget while you’re overseas. You can reload your card, add more supported currencies or transfer money between currencies at any time using your secure login via your online account or app.
You can purchasethe Key to the World card in a few minutes online and your personalised card will be posted to you within two weeks.
Travel Money Oz offers two ways to send your money overseas: MoneyGram and GlobalSend Money Transfers.
- MoneyGram. With approximately 350,000 MoneyGram locations in more than 200 countries and territories around the world, it’s easy to send or receive money via MoneyGram. You can complete MoneyGram transactions at any of the 130+ Travel Money Oz stores in Australia, and your money can arrive as quickly as within ten minutes. If money is sent to you, you can ask your payer to visit their nearest MoneyGram agent location and then you can pick up the funds from your nearest Travel Money Oz store.
- GlobalSend Money Transfers.
If you need to transfer $10,000 or more to or from another country, you can make secure international money transfers via a GlobalSend FX specialist. An alternative to the banks, GlobalSend can frequently offer more competitive exchange rates. You can take advantage of GlobalSend services if you’re emigrating or relocating overseas, buying or selling property in another country, to pay offshore employees and more.
If you want to travel with peace of mind the next time you head overseas, you could book your Cover-More travel insurance through Travel Money Oz. Whether you want to opt for a comprehensive Options Policy or a Travelsure Policy to focus on the coverage you believe you need, there are a few options to choose from. Some of the coverage you can expect includes:
- Comprehensive medical and dental cover
- Medical evacuation
- 24/7emergency medical assistance
- 15 working day money back guarantee
You can also customise your policy depending on your travel and medical needs, although this may result in an additional premium. Accompanying children can be included on a parent’s or grandparent’s policy for no extra fee. Make sure to check out the cover policy for a full list of the eligibility requirements, inclusions and exclusions. Visit the Travel Money Oz website for more information and to get a quote.
Best price guarantee
Travel Money Oz promises to beat competitors’ overall price by the AUD$1 or they will give you a AUD$100 Key to the World Currency Card for free.
Pros and cons of choosing Travel Money Oz
- Access. There are 130+ Travel Money Oz stores located around Australia, making it easy to pick up cash or speak to an expert before your next trip. You can also take advantage of 24/7 online assistance, phone services and ATMs.
- Currencies. You can choose from 60+ currencies when you’re exchanging foreign cash and ten international currencies if you’re using the travel card, giving you more options when organising your travel money.
- Expert advice. If you’re unsure which travel money option is right for you or need help organising your holiday budget, you can seek advice from a Travel Money Oz FX expert.
- Online orders wait. If you order your cash online, you’ll have to wait three to five business days to pick up your cash in-store.
- Reload fees. If you’re using the Key to the World travel card, you’ll be charged a 1.1% fee when you load your card with a debit or credit card or a 1% fee when you load it via BPAY.
Although Travel Money Oz offers cater to Australians looking to spend internationally, buy foreign cash or send money overseas, it isn’t the only travel money option on the market. Before you make a decision, check out our travel money guide to compare other travel cards, credit cards and foreign currency exchange alternatives.
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
10% off Apple Airpods Pro, 29% off Sennheiser wireless headphones and 20% off HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop.
Oz Hair and Beauty discount codes and coupons January 2021
Oz Hair and Beauty have everything you need to look great and feel fabulous. Hair. Makeup. Skincare. Fragrance. Covered.
Best camera drones in Australia
These are the best camera-equipped drones you can buy right now in Australia.
Best drones in Australia
These are the six best drones you can buy right now in Australia.
Campervan hire in Perth | Where to book, what to know
Whether you’re headed into the outback or along the coast, make your trip that bit smoother with the perfect campervan.
How to start a dog training business
If you love spending time with dogs and you know how to train them, you might want to start a dog training business.
Whether you’re heading across the country or abroad, MoveCube is an innovative moving solution that could work for you.
Best eskies and iceboxes in Australia
These are the 6 best eskies and iceboxes you can buy right now in Australia.
Best garment steamers in Australia
These are the 6 best garment steamers you can buy right now in Australia.
Best travel cameras in Australia
These are the 7 best travel cameras that you can buy in Australia right now.
Ask an Expert