Guide to Travel Money Oz
From currency exchange to the Cash Passport, organise your foreign cash with ease using our guide to Travel Money Oz.
Travel Money Oz is one of the leaders in foreign exchange and travel money in Australia. Whether you’re looking for a multi-currency prepaid travel card or need to buy foreign cash, it offers plenty of options for Aussies looking to spend or send money overseas. Check out our guide to Travel Money Oz to compare available products, weigh up the pros and cons and decide whether or not it’s the right travel money stop for you.
Compare Travel Money Oz products
From prepaid travel money cards to international travel insurance, you can compare the products offered by Travel Money Oz below.
You can exchange your cash to a foreign currency before you leave for your overseas trip with Travel Money Oz. It buys and sells 60+ different international currencies with no fees or commission on cash and EFTPOS transactions. You can exchange your cash in-store or online via the Travel Money Oz website.
If you buy online, you can choose your currency and use the rate calculator to see today’s rate. You can then choose to pay via BPAY, credit or debit card and then select to pick it up at your nearest Travel Money Oz store.
Travel money cards
If you want the convenience of a prepaid card with locked in exchange rates, the Key to the World Currency Card could be the right travel money option for you. A secure way to access your cash overseas, you can load ten different currencies on the travel money card including:
You can use your card wherever Mastercard is accepted, including for ATM withdrawals and online purchases. You can also lock in exchange rates when you load the funds on your card, so you can avoid fluctuating exchange rates and better manage your travel budget while you’re overseas. You can reload your card, add more supported currencies or transfer money between currencies at any time using your secure login via your online account or app.
You can purchasethe Key to the World card in a few minutes online and your personalised card will be posted to you within two weeks.
Travel Money Oz offers two ways to send your money overseas: MoneyGram and GlobalSend Money Transfers.
- MoneyGram. With approximately 350,000 MoneyGram locations in more than 200 countries and territories around the world, it’s easy to send or receive money via MoneyGram. You can complete MoneyGram transactions at any of the 130+ Travel Money Oz stores in Australia, and your money can arrive as quickly as within ten minutes. If money is sent to you, you can ask your payer to visit their nearest MoneyGram agent location and then you can pick up the funds from your nearest Travel Money Oz store.
- GlobalSend Money Transfers.
If you need to transfer $10,000 or more to or from another country, you can make secure international money transfers via a GlobalSend FX specialist. An alternative to the banks, GlobalSend can frequently offer more competitive exchange rates. You can take advantage of GlobalSend services if you’re emigrating or relocating overseas, buying or selling property in another country, to pay offshore employees and more.
If you want to travel with peace of mind the next time you head overseas, you could book your Cover-More travel insurance through Travel Money Oz. Whether you want to opt for a comprehensive Options Policy or a Travelsure Policy to focus on the coverage you believe you need, there are a few options to choose from. Some of the coverage you can expect includes:
- Comprehensive medical and dental cover
- Medical evacuation
- 24/7emergency medical assistance
- 15 working day money back guarantee
You can also customise your policy depending on your travel and medical needs, although this may result in an additional premium. Accompanying children can be included on a parent’s or grandparent’s policy for no extra fee. Make sure to check out the cover policy for a full list of the eligibility requirements, inclusions and exclusions. Visit the Travel Money Oz website for more information and to get a quote.
Best price guarantee
Travel Money Oz promises to beat competitors’ overall price by the AUD$1 or they will give you a AUD$100 Key to the World Currency Card for free.
Pros and cons of choosing Travel Money Oz
- Access. There are 130+ Travel Money Oz stores located around Australia, making it easy to pick up cash or speak to an expert before your next trip. You can also take advantage of 24/7 online assistance, phone services and ATMs.
- Currencies. You can choose from 60+ currencies when you’re exchanging foreign cash and ten international currencies if you’re using the travel card, giving you more options when organising your travel money.
- Expert advice. If you’re unsure which travel money option is right for you or need help organising your holiday budget, you can seek advice from a Travel Money Oz FX expert.
- Online orders wait. If you order your cash online, you’ll have to wait three to five business days to pick up your cash in-store.
- Reload fees. If you’re using the Key to the World travel card, you’ll be charged a 1.1% fee when you load your card with a debit or credit card or a 1% fee when you load it via BPAY.
Although Travel Money Oz offers cater to Australians looking to spend internationally, buy foreign cash or send money overseas, it isn’t the only travel money option on the market. Before you make a decision, check out our travel money guide to compare other travel cards, credit cards and foreign currency exchange alternatives.
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top
Read more on this topic
Hay: New fee-free travel card and app to launch in Australia The new Hay Account is designed for travelling and will compete with the likes of Revolut, TransferWise and the digital neobanks.
Nepal travel money guide Find everything you need to know about accessing your money while in Nepal, tips to help you get the best exchange rate and how to pay for souvenirs, accommodation and activities.
How much spending money do I need for Fiji? School-up on how much money you’ll need to save to pay for a trip to Fiji, from food costs to sightseeing.
How much spending money do I need for the USA? Get all the need-to-know tips for spending money in the USA to help you budget and plan your upcoming holiday.
Israel Travel Money Guide Learn all of the important money details for travel in Israel so you can save money on fees and keep cash in your hand.
Chile travel money guide A guide to spending money in Chile, from the pros and cons of taking credit and debit cards and cash to the scams to watch out for.
Vanuatu Travel Money Guide Discover the best way to get and spend money in Vanuatu, including details on credit card surcharges, transaction fees and a few local tips on where to get the best exchange rates.
Argentina Travel Money Guide Swot up on the best ways to take money to Argentina and the most accepted and affordable ways to spend it. Plus, get the low down on money scams.
How much spending money do I need for Japan? Budget before your trip with these top tips for how much spending money you’ll need while in Japan.
How much spending money do I need for Thailand? Budget accordingly for your trip to Bangkok by nutting out the cost of food, transport and tours here first.
Ask an Expert