What tax service providers are there in Darwin?
There are now a whole host of services that exist for the sole purpose of making tax time easier for you. Darwin is no exception. So if you’re starting to look at your numbers, and are already feeling yourself go a little crosseyed, perhaps it’s time you handed your return over and let a professional take a look at it. We’ve previewed a few of the tax services available in Darwin and how they work below.
Even if the tax service that you want to use doesn’t have a physical office in Darwin, it can still be possible for you to lodge your return through them, as many companies now work over the internet or the telephone. But if you prefer to visit the office, and meet your professional face to face, you should have the opportunity to do that do.
Now your tax professional will do a lot of work for you, but they can’t do everything. Before you meet or contact them you’ll have to gather up all of your financial information, including all payslips, end of year statements, and statements of any income you made from interest, property or other sources. When you’ve gathered your information, contact your provider to begin your process.
And if you aren’t sure which one to go with, we’ve gathered a host of the largest in Australia and previewed them right here on finder.com.au. So once you’re done here, click on any one of the providers on the left hand side for more information.
When choosing a tax provider there are several things to consider:
- Price - You want a service that you can afford. Some services will charge you a flat fee, while others may take a percentage of your return. Discuss this in full with your tax service, before you agree to work with them. And if possible get a full quote in writing.
- Method - It has become very common to complete tax returns online, but some people still prefer to meet their professionals face-to-face. If this includes you then you’ll want a provider with an office in your area, if you don’t mind, then you might find you have a wider selection.
- Type of return - Big, nationwide tax services should have professionals to cater for every type of tax return, but smaller companies may have an area of speciality. For example, business tax, or corporate tax. You’ll want to check that your provider has specialists in your area, before you talk about anything else.
You should find services within suburbs including, all four major wards:
- Lyons Ward
Including Darwin, Ludmilla, The Narrows, The Gardens, Fannie Bay and East Point.
- Richardson Ward
Alawa, Buffalo Creek, Lee Point, Lyons, Nakara, Tiwi and Wagaman.
- Waters Ward
Including Karama, Sanderson, Wulagi, Coonawarra and Anula.
- Chan Ward
Including Coconut Grove, Millner, Moil, and Rapid Creek.
- It’s easy - Or at least, easier. You’ll still have to get all of your financial information in one place, but after that you hand it off to your professional, pay your fee and wait for your return to come in.
- Get it right, first time. Tax season is taxing enough, but if there are errors or inconsistencies in your return then it might last a little bit longer and be a little more uncomfortable. Using a registered tax professional should ensure that you get through it the first time.
- Help you squeeze all the juice out of your deductions. Your deductions are your best bet to getting the most out of your tax return. However, they can be confusing. A tax professional will help you through what you can and can’t claim.
- Fees. The fees and commission can sometimes amount to a reasonable amount of money. If you want to avoid paying out any more than you have to then you might want to go it alone.
- Are you certified with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB)? This is the national register of companies that are allowed to provide tax help, if they’re not registered, then you shouldn’t deal with them and might even want to report them.
- Do you have professionals dedicated to my type of return?
- What deductions am I entitled to?
- What are your fees and are there any hidden charges?
- What are the key dates and timings of my return?
- What can I do in the coming year to increase my deduction for the next tax year?
Even up in Darwin, you need not feel alone concerning tax. You’ll find a wide range of online and in-person options to help you get through tax time.
Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.