Safe Financial Small Loan
- Maximum loan amount
- Turnaround time conditions apply
- Same day
- Fortnightly repayment
for $1,500 loan
- Term of loan
- 13 to 50 weeks
Safe Financial offers loans with repayment terms between 13 weeks and 50 weeks depending on the size of the loan. You can repay the early loan without penalty, but the loan is otherwise expensive.
|Product Name||Safe Financial Small Loan ($500 to $2000)|
|Minimum loan amount||$500|
|Maximum loan amount||$2,000|
|Loan term||13 to 50 weeks|
|Turnaround time||Same day - conditions apply|
|Costs||20% establishment fee + 4% monthly.|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support.
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Main points to consider about the Safe Financial Small Loan
Loan amounts vary between $500 and $2,000. The specific charges will depend on the size of the loan and the length of the repayment term. Loans up to $2,000 aren't charged interest but instead borrowers will be charged an establishment fee and ongoing monthly fee.
The loan term will vary based on the size of the loan. Borrowers may receive a loan term between 13 to 50 weeks. For loans of $500 we have loan terms of 13 to 26 weeks. For $1,000 loan terms of 26 to 50 weeks. For $1,500 loan terms of 26 to 50 weeks. For $2,000 loan terms of 26 to 50 weeks. Safe Financial accepts early repayments without charging a penalty.
Applicants must be employed and receive a minimum weekly income of at least $700. You can still apply if you're currently receiving Centrelink, but you will also need to have another source of income.
Features of the Safe Financial Small Loan
- Loan amounts. Safe Financial offers loans starting from $500 and up to $2,000.
- Flexible loan terms. The length of your loan will vary based on how much you borrow, with a minimum term of 13 weeks up to 50 weeks for loans between $500 and $2,000. For loans over $2,000, a set 40-week term applies.
- Early repayment option. Borrowers can repay the loan early without penalty.
- Same day funding. If they meet the eligibility requirements and other lending criteria, applicants can be approved within hours and then receive their money on the same day.
Fees and charges
Different fees and charges apply depending on the size of the loan:
|Loan Amount||Loan Term||Establishment Fee||Monthly Fee|
|$500||13 To 26 weeks||$100||$20|
|$1,000||26 To 50 weeks||$200||$40|
|$1,500||26 To 50 weeks||$300||$60|
|$2,000||26 To 50 weeks||$400||$80|
How to apply
You can begin your application by clicking "Go to site" above. Before applying, check if you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a minimum weekly income of $700
- Not have Centrelink as your only source of income
- Safe Financial considers applications from people with bad credit but they discourage applicants from people with multiple unpaid loan defaults on their credit report or if they're currently in a Part 9 Debt Agreement.
You will also need to provide the following as part of your application:
- Your bank details and phone number
- 100 points of ID
- A read-only copy of your transaction history
A Safe Financial Small Loan offers amounts up to $2,000, with no early repayment penalty. As with any short term loan product, you should compare a range of options and make sure the loan is right for your circumstance before applying.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
June 23, 2023
How long will funds appear in bank account after Loan Approval ??
Sarah Megginson Finder
June 26, 2023
It is possible to get funds on the same day that your loan is approved with Safe Financial Small Loan.
Best of luck!