There are a wide range of short term loan brands in Australia. If you're looking for short-term finance, make sure you do your research and compare your options before applying for anything online.
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
List of short term loans lenders
|Lender||Loan amount||Loan term||Turnaround time|
|Aussie Payday Cash||$100 to $500||16-47 days||Within minutes||More Info|
|Buddy Loans Personal Loan||$2,000 to $5,000||1 - 12 months||24 hours||More Info|
|Cash Australia||$500 to $2,000||30 days to 12 months||Within 24 hours||More Info|
|Cash Cloud||$300 to $2,000||Up to 3 months||Within an hour||More Info|
|Cash Converters Loans||$50 to $4,600||up to 24months||24 - 48 hours||More Info|
|Cash Direct||$200 to $2,000||3 to 12 months||60 seconds||More Info|
|CashnGo Loans||$300 to $2,000||2 - 6 months||30 mins - conditions apply||More Info|
|Cash Now Ferntree Gully||$100 to $2,000||16 - 45 days||Next business day||More Info|
|Cash Smart||$300 to $2,000||9 - 24 weeks||Same business day||More Info|
|Cash Stop||$200 to $5,000||16 days - 2 years||15 minutes to 24hrs - conditions apply||More Info|
|Cash Today||$100 to $80,000||Next Business Day||More Info|
|Cash Train||$200 to $2,000||10 weeks or 3 months to 12 months||1 Business Day||More Info|
|Champion Money||$15,000||5 months to 5 years||Next Business Day||More Info|
|City Finance||$500 to $5,000||12 weeks to 52 weeks||same day||More Info|
|ClearCash||$500 to $8,000||4 to 12 months||Next Business Day||More Info|
|Club Money||$250 to $5,000||Up to 12 months||1 Business Day||More Info|
|Credit24||$500 to $5,000||4 to 24 months||Same day|
|DollarsDirect||$1,000 to $2,025||65-100 Days||Same day - conditions apply||More Info|
|Easy Financing||$300 to $5,000||1 to 12 months||Same Day if approved||More Info|
|Fair Go Finance||$2,050 to $5,000||7 to 19 months||Within 24 hours|
|Fast Access Finance||$300 to $2,500||1-8 months||Within 24 hours||More Info|
|Financier||$150 to $5,000||2 - 24 months||Next Business Day||More Info|
|GetPaidToday||$100to $2,000||1 - 12 months||Same Day||More Info|
|Good to Go Loans||$500 to $5,000||4 weeks - 52 weeks||Within 24 hours||More Info|
|iWantPayday||$400 to $45,000||Up to 12 months||4 hours|
|Jacaranda Finance||$5,000 to $25,000||24 to 48 months||Under 1 hour - conditions apply||More Info|
|Max Cash||$1,600 to $10,000||6-12 months||Next Business Day||More Info|
|MiFinance Small Loans||$500 to $2,000||3 to 6 months||Next Business Day||More Info|
|Money Plus||$100 to $6,000||13 - 21 weeks||Within 30 minutes||More Info|
|Munibox||$5,000 to $2,000,000||3 to 12 months||24 hours||More Info|
|Needy Money||$100 to $100,000||Up to 5 years||Within an hour||More Info|
|Nimble||$300 to $2,000||62 days to 9 months||1 hour - conditions apply|
|OK Money||$200 to $25,000||Up to 3 years||1 hour - conditions apply*||More Info|
|Payday AU||$100 to $1,000||16 - 32 days||Next Business Day||More Info|
|Perfect Payday||$300 to $2,000||16 days - 1 year||Same Day||More Info|
|Purple Payday||$100 to $2,000||1-12 months||Same day - conditions apply||More Info|
|Rapid Loans||$2,000 to $10,000||-||Next Business Day||More Info|
|Speedy Finance||$300 to $5,000||10 to 60 weeks||Within 24 hours||More Info|
|Quick Cash||$200 to $2,000||61 days - 12 months||Within an hour||More Info|
|SpotMe||$250 to $1,000||16 days to 3 months||24 hrs||More Info|
|SRG Finance||$100 to $3,000||3 to 12 months||Same day (before 1500 AEST)||More Info|
|Stress Less Money||$300 to $2,000||3 weeks - 3 months||Same day - conditions apply||More Info|
|Sunshine Loan Centres||$2,050 to $2,500||9-20 weeks||30 minutes - conditions apply|
|Swift Loans||$300 to $4,500||10 - 52 Weeks||Within 60 minutes||More Info|
|Swoosh Finance||$2,200 to $4,584||60 days -12 months||Next business day||More Info|
|The Money Centre||$100 to $2,000||62 days - 52 weeks||Instantly - conditions apply||More Info|
|Today Loans||$500 to $3,000||6 months to 3 years||-||More Info|
|Wallet Wizard||$500 to $8,000||Up to 2 years||24 hours||More Info|
|Yes Loans||$100 to $60,000||Up to 7 years||Next Business Day||More Info|
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
Prospective payday loan applicants should always compare their options carefully prior to submitting any loan application. They should also remember that while payday loans may seem convenient, they can be debt traps to people who are facing financial difficulties, and should not be taken out by anyone who is unsure as to whether or not they can comfortably meet the necessary repayments.