NRMA Personal Loans
If you need a loan to finance the purchase of a new car, motorbike, caravan or motorhome, an NRMA Car Loan can give you access to the funds you need.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
NRMA offers a Car Loan to borrowers who want to buy new or used vehicles. This loan allows you to acquire cars, caravans, motorbikes or motorhomes. With its competitive interest rate, flexible repayments and customer service, the loan is an option worth considering.
NRMA also offers a further 1% p.a. off the interest rate if you are an NRMA member. Applicants can also expect a relatively fast approval process when they apply for a loan.
- Low fixed interest rate
- No ongoing fees
- Borrow from $5,000
100% confidential application
NRMA New Car Loan
You could get a new car with an NRMA Car Loan featuring a fixed rate of interest and no monthly fees.
- Interest rate from: 4.99% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 5.69% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $499
- Minimum loan amount: $5,000
- Maximum loan amount: $130,000
Compare NRMA Loans
Types of personal loans offered by NRMA
As a company that specialises in motoring services, NRMA offers one type of personal loan: Car Loans. These loans are designed to meet the needs of aspiring car owners at any stage of their lives. It doesn’t matter if you want an new car, a used car or an expensive vehicle—or a motorbike, caravan or motorhome—as the NRMA Car Loan is designed to suit a wide range of borrowers.
Features and benefits of an NRMA personal loan
- Five-hour approvals. Find out if you can get a loan within five hours of applying. NRMA also offers pre-approvals so you can negotiate a better deal on your vehicle.
- Next-day funding. Once the paperwork has been sorted, NRMA will give you access to the funds on the next working day.
- No maintenance fees. NRMA does not charge a monthly loan maintenance fee and there are no additional hidden fees.
- Secure fixed rate. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing exactly how much you have to repay during the term of your loan with a fixed rate.
What other products does NRMA offer?
- Roadside assistance. Get help when you need it most with NRMA’s roadside assistance service. NRMA can provide quick and convenient service if your car breaks down or if you need a tyre replaced.
- Driving school. Learn how to drive with the help of a qualified instructor from NRMA.
- Motor servicing. If your car needs some repairs or some parts replaced, NRMA has a division that offers log book servicing and vehicle inspections.
How to apply for a personal loan from NRMA
NRMA will ask you to provide details of your identity and income. Some of the documents you have to present include your driver’s licence, proof of income and the value of your assets. For self-employed applicants, financial statements will be required.
The application for the loan can be completed online or over the phone. The process is quick and you can receive a notification of pre-approval after five hours.
More guides on Finder
Car loan statistics 2021
Finder research shows 2.7 million Australians have a car loan. Find out how much Aussies are borrowing, and how this has changed over time.
Find out about the different types of warehouse storage solutions, how much they cost and where to find them.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Campervan hire in Cairns | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore Tropical North Queensland with our guide to campervan hire in Cairns.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Electric car ownership guide
Find out how to switch from a fossil-fuel guzzler to an electric car.
Pepper Money is an Aussie non-bank lender that offers a vast range of personal loans and home loans to customers Australia-wide. Find out more here.
Handypay Personal Loan
Find out more about Handypay's personal loans for home improvements. Personalised rates start from 6.75% p.a. on terms from 1 to 7 years.
Baby and child car seat laws
Find out everything you need to know about baby and child car seat laws in Australia.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 24.79% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 10.5% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert