iPhone 14 now in yellow: Save $150 with Telstra and Vodafone
It could be time to splurge on the iPhone 14 if the promise of sunshine in your hands is enticing enough.
Both the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus are on sale at Telstra and Vodafone. You can pick your colour of choice, whether it's the new yellow, midnight, purple, starlight, red or blue phones.
|Telstra||$150 off iPhone 14|
|Telstra||$150 off iPhone 14 Plus|
|Vodafone||$150 off iPhone 14|
|Vodafone||$150 off iPhone 14 Plus|
- Good to know. The yellow handset will officially be available from 8am AEDT 14 March, but you can still pre-order it right now from the telcos.
Telstra iPhone 14 discount
You can score the discount on either the iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Plus with Telstra if you pair its 12-, 24- or 36-month handset repayment with a mobile plan.
The cheapest one – Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan Basic – will set you back $58 a month for 40GB. If you already have a service with Telstra, you can buy the discounted phone outright.
Here are the starting costs for the phones paired with a 36-month handset repayment contract and Telstra's entry-level mobile plan:
- iPhone 14 (128GB): From $92.69 a month over 36 months
- iPhone 14 Plus (128GB): From $97.69 a month over 36 months
What else do I get with a Telstra phone plan?
There are a few perks that come with signing up to Telstra:
- Access to the largest 4G and 5G network in Australia.
- eSIM available.
- No excess data charges. Instead, your speeds get capped at 1.5Mbps.
- Option to earn Telstra Plus points and use them towards rewards.
- At least 30 minutes of calls to any standard overseas number.
- 3-month Telstra Device Security.
- 4-month subscription to Spotify Premium for new subscribers.
- 2-month subscription to BINGE for new customers.
- 3-month subscription to Apple TV Plus for new, returning and existing customers.
The offer from Telstra ends on 3 April.
Vodafone iPhone 14 discount
Similar to Telstra, Vodafone is also offering a $150 discount on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus if you sign up to a 12-, 24- or 36-month repayment plan.
The difference is Vodafone's network may not suit those living in rural or regional Australia. However, if network isn't a concern, you could save more with Vodafone as its entry-level mobile plan is cheaper at $45 a month for 40GB.
Here are the starting costs for the 2 models with the discount:
- iPhone 14 (128GB): From $79.69 a month over 36 months
- iPhone 14 Plus (128GB): From $84.69 a month over 36 months
What else do I get with a Vodafone phone plan?
There are fewer freebies available with Vodafone but instead, your plan prices are cheaper. If you sign up with Vodafone, you also get:
- Access to 4G and 5G if you're within its coverage area.
- No excess data charges. Speeds get capped at 2Mbps once you've gone through your monthly data allowance.
- eSIM available.
- 3 months of Apple TV Plus when you purchase an eligible Apple device.
You can also compare other iPhone 14 plans on Finder before making a decision.
The iPhone 14 Plus replaced the iPhone mini last year (RIP). It is similar to the base model with a key difference being the larger screen size of 6.7 inches. This will likely be the deciding factor for you between the 2 phones.
After that, you'll need to decide which network will cover you best as you'll need to stay connected for 12, 24 or 36 months to get the discount.
Vodafone's phone plans are overall cheaper but Telstra's coverage is better outside metro areas.