How to sell on Facebook Marketplace
A step-by-step guide to selling (successfully) on Facebook Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace is an online marketplace where Facebook users can buy, sell and trade items. Not only is it integrated with the world's largest social media site, but you can also sell items on the platform without any listing fees.
But is Facebook Marketplace the right online sales channel for you? Keep reading to learn about the pros and cons of Facebook Marketplace, and how you can start selling from your Facebook account.
Who can sell on Facebook Marketplace?
In the United States, Facebook offers the "Marketplace for business" service which allows ecommerce retailers to sell items on the platform. At the time of writing, this feature was not yet available in Australia.
Australian car dealerships are allowed to sell vehicles through Facebook Marketplace, but selling in other categories is currently only open for individuals.
What's in this guide?
- How do I decide what to sell on Facebook Marketplace?
- How to find products to sell
- How much does it cost to sell on Facebook Marketplace?
- Is selling on Facebook Marketplace worth it?
- How do I start selling on Facebook Marketplace?
- How to price your items
- What types of payment does Facebook Marketplace accept?
- How to organise shipping
- How do I market my Facebook Marketplace products?
- What to watch out for with Facebook Marketplace
- Watch: How to become a successful online seller
- Frequently asked questions
How do I decide what to sell on Facebook Marketplace?
You can list items on Facebook Marketplace in a wide range of categories, including:
- Home & garden
- Clothing & accessories
- Pet supplies
- Sport & outdoors
- Property for rent
- Property for sale
Ask an Expert