With access to the world’s largest and most liquid market, GO Markets makes forex trading simple, efficient and profitable.
Founded in Melbourne in 2006, GO Markets is an online financial services provider for forex trading services. Touted as one of the first brokers to successfully establish the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) trading platform, it offers trading in Margin FX and CFD as well as trading in Binary Options and Physical Bullion to both individual and institutional clientele.
Using the MT4 platform, GO Markets offers over 50 forex pairs for trade, including the major currency pairs below:
What trading levels are available with GO Markets?
GO Markets offers two types of trading accounts and three trading position sizes.
|Inclusions||Standard Account||Pro Account|
|Minimum opening deposit||$200||$1,000|
|Minimum contract size||0.01 (micro lot)||0.01 (micro lot)|
|Commission||$0||AUD$3.50 per side (1 standard contract)|
|Spreads||From 1.2 pips||From 0.5 pips|
All account holders have 24/5 access to support teams and analysts.
GO Markets asks that you allow 1-2 days for withdrawals within Australia and 3-4 for international users.
|Inclusions||Standard Contract||Mini Contract||Micro Contract|
|Trade size (units of currency)||100,000||10,000||1,000|
For beginners, GO Markets suggests a standard account in conjunction with either a mini or micro contract, limiting risk while you experiment.
You will enjoy tighter spreads with a Pro Account, but you’ll also incur a commission for every trade you place.
What trading platforms are available?
MetaTrader 4 is the platform of choice for GO Markets, and Mac, PC and mobile versions are offered for users who want to trade absolutely everywhere they go.
MT4 is compatible with Mac OS, Windows, iPad, iPhone and Android devices; simply download the software to your computer, tablet or smartphone and you will able to access the platform wherever you need.
Long considered the trading platform of choice, GO Markets now offers MT4 Genesis, which is an enhanced tool suite for MT4 that works for Commodities, Indices and Forex.
Features look up table
|Spread fee||Yes. Standard Account from 1.2 pips. Pro Account from 0.5 pips.|
|Education and resources||Yes. Video tutorials and trading webinars are available.|
|Does it offer fixed spreads?||No|
|Leverage||Maximum of 300:1|
|Is it MetaTrader supported?||Yes|
|Minimum deposit required||$200|
|Compatible devices||Windows PC, Mac and mobile|
|Payment methods||POLi, bank transfers, BPAY, Skrill and credit/debit card deposits|
|Demo account available?||Yes|
What are the benefits of using this provider?
- A virtual private server (VPS) is free to users with a live trading account, who maintain a minimum of $3,000 per month (the service is otherwise available to users at $30 per month).
- Access to Forex (50+ currency pairs), Binary Options, Commodities (gold, silver and oil) and Indices.
- MT4 is mobile friendly, allowing you to trade remotely or on-the-go.
Trade cryptocurrency with GO Markets
You might find trading cryptocurrency futures to be an attractive alternative to buying outright.
You don’t need your own cryptocurrency wallet, and can still benefit from changes in value, whether up or down.
In both cases you can trade from 10:1 fixed leverage positions.
What are the pros and cons of using GO Markets?
- Free education and training tools. GO Markets offers webinars and video tutorials for both beginners and veteran traders who may need a refresh.
- Live chat. Connect with Expert Advisors (EAs) for trading advice and expertise.
- Three step activation. Simply open a live account, load funds and start trading.
- Limited trading. 24/5 trading and live chat.
How do I sign up?
GO Markets offers an easy online form for individual applicants to complete. You will need to provide a couple of details before you proceed:
- The account type you want to register.
- A basic knowledge of Margin FXs and CFDs (questionnaire is included in application).
- The minimum opening cost pertaining to your selected account type.
If you’re unsure of whether you want to open an account with GO Markets, a free demo account is available for you to explore. Practice trading in Forex, Binary Options, Commodities and Indices with up to $100,000 in virtual funds.