Enjoy fuel savings, accounting control and convenience with the award-winning BP Plus Card.
If you want to save on fuel and manage your business’ vehicle costs under one account, the BP Plus Card could suit you. With up to 51 interest-free days, customised purchase limits and the option to request a card for one or multiple drivers, this card could be a useful tool for monitoring your corporate car costs.
|Product Name||BP Plus fuel card|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 51 days on purchases|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
Review of the BP Plus Card
The BP Plus card is a fuel card that caters for Australian small businesses. Its main benefits include fuel discounts, the convenience and ability to easily track and manage corporate fuel costs, plus built-in security features like PIN, signature requirements and card purchase limits.
Features and benefits of the BP Plus Cards
Here are the card’s major features and perks:
- Card access. Use your card at over 1,400 BP sites across Australia.
- Interest-free credit. Enjoy up to 51 interest-free days with no minimum fuel spend.
- Card flexibility. BP Plus provides vehicle-specific or driver-specific cards to suit your logistical and accounting needs. Vehicle-specific cards offer multiple drivers the ability to share a car and driver-specific cards can be used if a driver needs to use multiple cars.
- Card security. BP Plus gives you the option of using a secure PIN or signature, where a PIN number is suitable for multiple users sharing a vehicle-specific card and a signature is suitable where a card is used by only one cardholder.
- Additional security and tracking. Odometer readings are taken at the point of sale, which provides an additional layer of security and tracking for the company.
- Purchase limits. Enjoy greater cost control with the ability to impose restrictions on individual cards across these parameters: time period, fuel volume or money spent.
- Convenient reporting. BP Plus provides the ease of GST-substantiated monthly reports, which lists all your company car expenses in a single monthly statement for simplified tax accounting.
- Easy online management. Access your BP Plus online account at any time where you can view reports, order new cards, report lost and stolen cards, and manage your vehicles.
- Non-fuel options. Apart from fuel-only cards, BP Plus also offers additional non-fuel card options that include “Shop”, “Carwash”, “Diner”, and “Service and repairs, tyres, batteries and parts”.
- BP Specialist Discount Network. You can save on costs with BP partners including Beaurepaires, Bob Jane T-Marts, Bridgestone, Goodyear Autocare, O'Brien Autoglass, Tyrepower and Ultra Tune. You can also use your BP Plus card for warranty servicing at participating dealerships.
How to apply
You can easily apply for the card online at the BP website, but make sure to have the following information on hand:
- Company details (including legal and trading names, key contact person, address and contact numbers)
- Company directors (including names, home addresses, phone numbers, birthdates)
- Annual fuel spend estimate (including fuel type, litres/dollar spend)
- Bank account details for Direct Debit approval
With its generous discount perks and numerous security and control features, BP Plus may be an attractive fuel card for your company. Before applying, however, thoroughly research and compare other available options to make sure this is the most suitable one for your specific corporate needs.Back to top