Bank of Melbourne Foreign Cash
Buy up to 18 foreign currencies online, lock in exchange rates and pick up your cash at your closest Bank of Melbourne branch.
Initial Load Fee
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Foreign Cash|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
Do you need cash for your next overseas trip? You can purchase 18 foreign currencies (including USD, GBP, NZD, EUR and more) and lock in exchange rates when you get your cash from Bank of Melbourne. You can order and pay for your foreign cash online and pick it up from your closest Bank of Melbourne branch. You also have the choice of withdrawing certain foreign currencies at any of Bank of Melbourne’s pop-up foreign cash ATMs.
What foreign currencies can I get through Bank of Melbourne?
- British pounds (GBP)
- New Zealand dollars (NZD)
- United States dollars (USD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Euros (EUR)
- Canadian dollars (CAD)
- Danish kroner (DKK)
- Fijian dollars (FJD)
- Hong Kong dollars (HKD)
- Indonesian rupiah (IDR)
- Malaysian ringgit (MYR)
- Norwegian kroner (NOK)
- Philippine pesos (PHP)
- Singapore dollars (SGD)
- South African rand (ZAR)
- Swedish kroner (SEK)
- Swiss francs (CHF)
- Thai baht (BHT)
You don't need to be a Bank of Melbourne customer to purchase foreign cash and you can order between AUD$500 and AUD$10,000 in any 24-hour period. Some countries have restrictions on the import and export of local and foreign currencies, so you should research if your travel destination has such limitations before you order your currency.
When you purchase your foreign cash, it’ll be locked into the current exchange rate that’s in place at the time of order. You can view the latest foreign exchange rates when you order your cash on the Bank of Melbourne website.
How can I get my foreign currency through Bank of Melbourne?
- Order online. You can order foreign cash online and pay via BPAY, debit card or credit card.
- Pick up in-branch. Once you’ve ordered it online, you can also pick up your cash within three business days (if you pay by debit or credit card payment) or five business days (if you pay by BPAY). Your foreign cash may take longer to reach branches in remote locations.
- Pop-up foreign cash ATMs. You can withdraw USD, GBP, EUR and NZD foreign currency at any of Bank of Melbourne’s pop-up foreign cash ATMs. You can see where these are located below.
How much does it cost?
Some of the fees and charges vary depending on how you pay for your foreign cash, but you can compare the costs below:
- Order fee. It costs $4 per order (you can purchase multiple currencies in one order to cut down your total fees).
- Card surcharge. If you use your credit card or debit card to purchase your foreign cash, you’ll collect a 1% surcharge. Your card issuer may also charge you a cash advance fee if you use your credit card to buy foreign cash.
- Leftover currency. If you have leftover cash after your trip, you can sell your foreign cash back to Bank of Melbourne at the rate applicable at the time you wish to sell it. You’ll be charged $8 when you do this.
If you want to order cash before your next overseas trip, you can access 18 international currencies and take advantage of locked-in exchange rates with Bank of Melbourne Foreign Cash. As this isn’t the only way to get foreign cash in Australia, make sure to compare your options before ordering your currency.Back to top