Give your kids a reason to be excited about heading back to school with fun and colourful new stationery.
From funky pencil cases to novelty notebooks, picking out new stationery can get kids invested in heading back to school for another year. With a range of retailers on offer, you can find the perfect back-to-school stationery to put a smile on their faces and make getting them back into school-mode a little easier.
If you're on a tight budget and can't afford a designer satchel, that's okay. There are loads of deals out there that offer impressive value for money whilst still helping make your child the envy of their classmates.
Shopping for back to school stationery
If you've been too busy these school holidays to make a list of your child's stationery needs for the year ahead, we've got you covered. Whether you're shopping for essentials, or just something fun for a little added motivation this school year, check out our top product picks.
Ripcurl Rapture Double Neo Pencil Case
Funky Pencil Case
Cotton On Kids
Happy Jackson Queen Of Awesome Large Pencil Case
Pencils and pens
Sulley Property of MU Spiral Note Book
Ban.Do Girls Rule Spiral Notebook
Work It 5pk Notebook
Cotton On Kids
Other stationery essentials
Band.Do Portfolio and Sticker Set
Top retailers for back-to-school stationery
These retailers all sell cool and trendy stationery that your kids will love.
Infinity Scarf Styles
Stationery buying guide
Follow these simple steps to find useful stationery your kids will love:
- Choose colourful items. Kids are attracted to bright colours, so choose stationery that features cartoon characters or their favourite colour. It will help them easily distinguish between notebooks for different classes and might even encourage them to do their homework!
- Get quality items. Purchase products that will last at least a year. This will ensure your child's schooling won't be interrupted by broken spiral notebooks or pencilcases.
- Choose simple, useful items. Minimise the amount of stationery your child has to carry by shopping items like 4-colour pens and make their lives easier by grabbing a binder to help keep all of their notebooks together.
- Find a reputable shop. There are countless retailers that sell stationery, so look for one that provides a combination of affordability, style and quality. The amount you need to shell out for pencils, notebooks and staplers can start to add up, so you want items that will give you your money's worth.
Stationery for primary school
Even in their early schooling years, your child will need a set of stationery that will take them from colouring in to improving their writing skills. Here are some handy hints for the best stationery to suit their first few years:
- It will take some time before kids start learning to write with pens, so ensure they're stocked up with a range of pencils. Getting a multi-pack of colourful pencils will help bring out their creative side. Don't forget to grab an eraser or two so they can learn from their mistakes.
- Learning to write can be a challenging task. Make life easy by purchasing A5 notepads to give your child more room to improve.
- Kids will likely be doing a lot of cutting and pasting throughout their primary years. Keep little fingers safe with a pair of safety scissors and save some cash by buying glue sticks in bulk.
Stationery for high school
The further through schooling your child progresses, the more their stationery needs will grow. Ensure they have everything they need by bearing these things in mind:
- Note-taking will be a huge part of your child's day to day workload, so make sure they have plenty of pens to keep the ink flowing. Whilst their days of colouring-in are long gone, pencils are still needed for some subjects such as art or design technology. Double check their schedule with them before the year starts so they can start their classes with the right equipment.
- Another staple item they will fly through in no time is notebooks. Buy them in bulk because you know they'll forget to tell you that they're running low until the very last minute.
- The further into mathematics studies they progress, the more kids are increasingly reliant on calculators. Get value for money by ensuring they're set with a good scientific calculator that will see them through to graduation (don't forget to stock up on batteries).
Best deals on stationery
Popular Back to school - stationery coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|15 Jan 2019||$20 off orders over $60 for all customers||FIN****|
|4 Jan 2019||FREE gift when you spend over $160 on full priced products||FRE****|
|8 Oct 2018||FREE express shipping within Australia||AUE****|
|8 Nov 2018||Up to 25% off labels and stickers||VPI****|
|17 Jan 2019||Bonds bras, briefs and socks: 3 for $30||********|
- News: Click Frenzy™ November 2018 deals | Offers revealed
- Compare today’s eBay Australia laptop deals for 19 Jan 2019
- Compare today’s eBay Australia men’s fashion deals for 19 Jan 2019
- Compare today’s eBay Australia mobile phone deals for 19 Jan 2019
- BoohooMAN Discount Codes and Coupons January 2019