Lock in exchange rates and spend in up to five foreign currencies with a prepaid Visa card.
The Australia Post Load&Go Travel offers a reloadable Visa prepaid travel card that lets you load and spend up to five currencies. Lock in foreign currencies prior to travel, then use your Load&Go Travel card at international merchants and ATMs wherever Visa is accepted. The card is free and you can manage and reload it online at any time for free too.
The Australia Post Load&Go is not currently available via finder. Visit auspost.com.au/money-insurance/loadgo-cards for this product or compare other pre-paid travel card and travel-friendly debit and credit card options below.
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$10,000|
|Maximum Load Amount (Annual)||$25,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$2,500|
|Card Issue Fee||$0|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||AUD$2 equivalent|
|Transaction Fee (for Purchases)||$0.09|
|Card Replacement Fee||$15|
|Currency Conversion Fee||3%|
|Account Closing Fee||$15|
|Available to Temporary Residents?||No|
What currencies can I load on the Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card?
The Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card supports:
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- New Zealand dollars (NZD)
- United States dollars (USD)
- Euros (EUR)
- Great Britain pounds (GBP)
You can hold all five currencies on your card up to a maximum balance of AUD$10,000. All funds are loaded on your card in Australian dollars, after which you may transfer them into different currency wallets. They'll then be locked in at the current exchange rate determined by Australia Post.
When you transact in one of the five supported currencies, the relevant currency wallet will automatically be debited for the transaction amount. Where that currency wallet has an insufficient balance, your next currency wallet will be debited according to your currency order or "wallet funding order". You may set your own wallet funding order via the website but the "default wallet funding order" will apply if you don't.
However, if you were to use your Load&Go Travel card to pay in an unsupported currency, a 3% foreign currency conversion fee and AUD$0.09 transaction fee would apply.
The Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card can be used online and in-store, over the phone and at any ATM where Visa prepaid is accepted. It may not be used for any illegal transactions, gambling transactions, direct debits, purchasing money orders, transacting with financial institutions or pawn shops. When paying for petrol, you may use your card at the station counter but not at the automatic pump.
Features of the Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card
The main features and benefits of the card are:
- Locked-in exchange rates. Enjoy peace of mind and certainty by locking in exchange rates and protecting your budget from currency fluctuations.
- Worldwide ATM alliance. Access your money at any ATM in the world wherever Visa prepaid is accepted.
- Online management. Manage your account online via the Load&Go Travel website where you can freely check your balance and transaction history, transfer funds between currency wallets, change your wallet funding order and manage other account settings.
- Phone and SMS services. You may also check your account balance and transaction history by calling (+61) 1300 665 054 or by texting 0457 777 678. Fees and charges may apply.
- Account and transaction limits. Your account balance cannot exceed AUD$10,000 or equivalent and your daily ATM withdrawals cannot exceed AUD$2,500 or equivalent, further subject to ATM operator limits.
How much does the Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card cost?
These are the associated card costs and when they may apply:
|Type of fee||Cost||When you'll be charged|
|Purchase fee||$0||The card doesn't come with a purchase fee but you must load the card with at least AUD$100 at the time of purchase|
|Reload fee||$0||You won't be charged for topping up your balance|
|Transaction fee||$0.09 per transaction, capped at $0.99 per 30-day period||Each time you make a purchase in Australian dollars or any other currency not supported on the card, except ATM withdrawals|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3% of AUD transaction value||When you use your card to transact in a foreign currency not supported on the card|
|ATM withdrawal fee||AUD$2 or foreign equivalent||Each time you make a cash withdrawal or balance enquiry at an ATM. Additional ATM operator fees may apply|
|Card renewal/expiry fee||$15||When your card expires and a new card is issued, provided your card balance is more than $15 and you registered your name and Australian mailing address on the website|
|Card replacement fee||$15||When you request a new card to replace your lost, stolen or damaged one|
|Closure/cash-out fee||$15||When you request to close your account and are paid any remaining funds|
|Unauthorised transaction enquiry/card dispute fee||$20||When you request investigation of an unauthorised transaction and the transaction is later found to have been authorised|
|Emergency cash transfer fee||$35||When you request emergency assistance in the event your card is lost, stolen or damaged, provided you have sufficient card funds to cover both the emergency cash transfer and this fee|
|SMS service fee||$0.25||When you check your balance or transaction history, activate, lock or unlock your card, or receive load notifications via SMS. Fees will not be charged when SMS pertains to PIN, minimum balance or fraud notifications|
|Phone servicing fee||When you check your balance or transaction history on the phone. Fees will not be charged when call pertains to PIN retrieval, reporting lost or stolen cards, unauthorised transactions or card disputes|
How to use the Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card
These steps will provide guidance on how to use your card:
- Activating the card. Cards purchased directly from a participating Australia Post outlet will be activated and ready for use, unless delays are caused by high peak period transaction volumes. Replacement cards must be activated by calling (+61) 1300 665 054 or via SMS.
- Loading funds on the card. Your initial load at the time of purchasing the card must be at least AUD$100. You may instantly reload in-store at a participating Australia Post outlet using either cash or EFTPOS. You may also reload online via Post Billpay or bank transfer, which generally take up to two business days to process. Each load must be at least AUD$100 but no more than AUD$10,000. Your cumulative load over any 12-month period cannot exceed AUD$25,000.
- Managing your online account. Register your Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card online to enjoy free and easy online account management. Log into your account at any time to view your card balance and transaction history, transfer funds between currency wallets, manage currency and other account options. You may also renew your card online and transfer any remaining balance upon card expiry.
What do I do if I return home with foreign currency remaining on the card?
You may choose to keep the foreign currencies on your card for future use, or convert them back into Australian dollars to be withdrawn at an ATM. Note that a $2 ATM fee and an additional ATM operator fee may apply. Alternatively, you could close your account and have the remaining funds paid back to you, but bear in mind that a $15 card closure fee applies.
Who do I contact if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
You should immediately call (+61) 1300 665 054 to report a lost, stolen, damaged or compromised card. A replacement card or emergency cash transfer can be arranged, subject to fees.
How to apply for an Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card
You can apply for a card on-the-spot at any participating Australia Post outlet. As long as you satisfy the identification verification requirements and make a minimum initial load of $100 in Australian dollars, you will be issued a card and PIN to be retrieved by calling (+61) 1300 665 054 or via SMS. Memorise and keep this PIN safe, and sign the back of your card before using it.
Are there any eligibility requirements?
- Only Australian residents may apply.
The Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card is a no-frills option for the seasoned traveller. However, due to its many associated fees and limited currency selection, you may wish to compare other available options before deciding on the travel card that will best serve your needs.Back to top