ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa cards can be a great way for new cardholders to manage their funds without the costs and temptations of a credit card.
No longer offered in the market
The ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of ANZ credit cards here.
Whether you're studying full-time and looking to manage your uni costs, have never owned a credit card and want to try a prepaid card first or are just looking to handle your funds without the costs of a credit card, an ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa could be the right card for you.
ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa Card review
ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa Cards offer cardholders convenient access to their cash without the costs usually associated with a credit card. As the card is only loaded with prepaid funds, rather than a line of credit, these cards can be useful budgeting tools to help keep your spending in control. Unlike credit cards, prepaid cards can be used at ATMs without incurring high cash advance fees.
If you're studying, a first-time cardholder or looking for a low-cost way to manage your funds, an ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa Card could come in handy.
Benefits of the ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa Card
- No risk of debt. The card is prepaid so there's no risk of running up interest charges and other fees.
- Reloadable cash. Reload the card whenever you or your child is running low on funds. If they get caught short on a night out simply load up, and there'll be back on the road. Just make sure they repay you!
- Flexibility of Visa. Being a Visa card it can be used anywhere in the world that accepts Visa. It can even be used to shop online or over the phone.
- Discounts. As a cardholder you'll automatically benefit from being a Student Rights Member. This gives you access to a range of exciting discounts and perks.
- Financial learning tool. If you've never owned a credit card, a prepaid card can be a good way to learn how to manage your funds without incurring the costs that come with a regular credit card.
ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa Card features
- Maximum limit. ANZ Reloadable Prepaid Visa Cards can only hold up to $999.99 at any time. You can only load up to $5,000 per 30 days and $50,000 per 12 months.
- Overseas transaction fee. This card charges 3.0% of the transaction amount when spending overseas.
- ATM fees. These cards don't charge ATM fees for both ANZ and non-ANZ cards. Please keep in mind that local ATM fees may apply.
- Card reissue fee. If you lose your card, you'll be required to pay a $5.00 reissue fee.
- Card closure fee. You'll need to pay $5.00 if you wish to close the card.