Travel Money Oz Currency Pass Card Review
- Initial Load Fee
- Reload fee
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
|Minimum Load Amount||$20|
|Maximum Load Amount||$10,000|
|Maximum Load Amount (Annual)||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour Purchase (POS) Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Card Issue Fee||$0|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||AUD $3.50, USD $2.50, EUR €2.50, GBP £2.00, NZD $3.50, THB ฿80.00, CAD $3.50, HKD $18.00, JPY ¥260.00, SGD $3.50|
|Inactivity Fee (Monthly)||$0|
|Transaction Fee (for Purchases)||$0|
|Card Replacement Fee||$10|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPAY Reload Fee||1% of the reload amount|
|Negative Balance Fee||$0|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available to Temporary Residents?||No|
What currencies can I load on the Currency Pass card?
You can load and spend in the following 10 currencies:
- US Dollars
- Great British Pounds
- New Zealand Dollars
- Canadian Dollars
- Singapore Dollars
- Hong Kong Dollars
- Japanese Yen
- Thai Baht
- Australian Dollars
You can also use the card wherever Mastercard is accepted, but the current exchange rates will apply if you spend in an unsupported currency. If you're using the card to get cash out, you'll also be charged different ATM withdrawal fees depending on which currency you're withdrawing.
How to load and reload funds
You can load a minimum of $20 and can top up your account anytime and anywhere, but the following fees and restrictions may apply:
- Online account and Travel Money Oz app. If you reload funds on your card via the online portal or app, you'll be charged 1.1%.
- BPAY. For BPAY payments, you can use the biller code 184416 and the 16-digit number on your card. If you reload your card via BPAY, you'll be charged a 1% fee and will take two business days to appear in your account.
- Bank transfer. You want to make a bank transfer directly from your own account, you can use the BSB 880-117 and the 9-digit account number from the "My Account" of the online portal. These will take one business day to appear in your account.
- In-store. You can reload funds on your card in-store for free at Travel Money Oz, Flight Centre, Travel Associates or Student Flights.
When you load funds on your card and move them into a supported foreign currency, they'll be locked into the current exchange rate.
How to order a Travel Money Oz Currency Pass card
You can order the Travel Money Oz Currency Pass online for free and you'll receive a personalised card within two weeks. If you need your card in less than 14 days, you can order one over the counter at a Travel Money Oz store.
When you apply for the card, you'll be asked to provide some personal details and contacts to meet the necessary identification check.
What if I already have a Travel Money Oz Key to the World Currency Card?
The Travel Money Oz Currency Pass card is replacing the Travel Oz Currency Pass. If you already have a Travel Oz Currency Pass, you can still use it until the expiry date that's printed on the front of your card. This card is no longer available for new applications and you may wish to apply for the Travel Money Oz Currency Pass card instead.
You can use the Travel Money Oz Currency Pass card to spend overseas with ease. As this isn't the only multi-currency prepaid travel card on the market, make sure to compare your options before you apply.
Frequently asked questions
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
February 03, 2019
How can I check the balance on my card and do you have a statement listing my expenses?
February 05, 2019
Thank you for contacting finder.
You may check the balance and transaction history of your Travel Money Oz Currency Pass Card by logging in to your online account at the Travel Money Oz portal. You will have an online account by signing up on the portal and after an ID assessment.
I hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to reach out again to us if your have additional questions.
Show more Show less
August 06, 2018
What is the best travel card to use in Iceland?
August 06, 2018
Thank you for your comment.
While we do not have a specific page for travel money to Iceland, you may want to compare some alternative travel money that you can possibly use in Iceland.
Most of the tourists to Iceland use credit cards and it is recommended to bring a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. You can check a range of credit cards for overseas spending.
Please make sure though to read the eligibility criteria, features, and details of the card, as well as the relevant PDS/ T&Cs of the card before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
Show more Show less