See where some prominent tax accountants in Sydney are located and compare online tax return services.
Now in the modern world it is completely realistic for you to complete your tax return online or over the phone, and for you to never have to meet with your tax agent face-to-face. But many people still like to do their taxes the old fashioned way or like a bit of extra help. So for all you residents of Sydney looking for a tax agent in your area, we’ve provided a snapshot of some of the most prominent companies in the city, as well as options for completing your tax online.
- Online DIY tax returns starting from $19
- Online Tax Pro starting from $135*
- Business tax returns from $280*
H&R Block Tax Return Offer
Enjoy the flexibility of lodging your tax return online with H&R Block.
Use the online DIY tax return system to lodge your individual or business tax return in less than 10 minutes. H&R Block will guide you through the process with tips and tricks and an accountant will check your return before sending it to the ATO.
Or opt for an Online Tax Pro to lodge your return online with the help of expert tax consultants who will prepare your return for you and maximise your refund.
Have you considered an online tax agent?
**The tax agents compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms "Best" and "Top" are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
*The products compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms "Best" and "Top" are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
What areas in Sydney are popular tax agents available?
|Tax Agent||Some Locations||Phone number||Price|
|H&R Block||Majors Bay Rd Concord
Falcon Street, Crows Nest
Spring Street, Bondi Junction
Enmore Road, Newtown
George Street, Sydney City
|02 8379 5928
02 8379 5813
02 9369 1000
02 8379 5809
02 8379 5802
|Assisted returns start from $70 for under 21s|
|ITP||Appian Way, Bankstown
Burwood Road, Burwood
Anzac Parade, Maroubra
Pitt Street, Sydney City
Anderson Street, Chatswood
|02 9708 2522
02 9747 3611
02 9349 1555
02 9241 2340
02 9419 2270
|Assisted tax returns start from $79 for under 21s|
|Navado||Pitt Street, Sydney
Phillip Street, Parramatta
Pacific Hwy, Chatswood
King Street, Rockdale
|02 9233 4048||Standard tax returns from $143.00|
Please note that this is not a complete list, but a snapshot. If you don’t see your suburb listed here that doesn’t mean there aren’t services available in your area.
Make sure that anyone you are thinking of trusting with your tax is fully licensed and registered. To check this, make sure they are registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). The TPB section of the official Australian Government website has a full list of registered tax services.
How do I compare tax agents in Sydney?
After determining if the tax agent is properly registered, there are three main factors in deciding which tax service you should use. These are:
- Do they offer the service you require? (Individual, business, trust etc.)
- What is their method of preparation? (Entirely online, in person, over phone etc.)
- What are their fees?
Once you’ve found a service that you like, can comfortably afford and that you know is fully registered, the next step is to make contact with them and discuss your needs. Some agents will make an appointment for you to visit their offices, others will talk over the phone, but either way you should have all of your financial statements ready so that they can begin preparing your return and make accurate calculations.
What are the pros and cons of using a tax agent?
- Less stress. Tax can be taxing. It can be easier to give your financial information to a professional and let them do the rest.
- Less errors. Leaving it up to a professional to ensure everything is entered correctly first time around will save you work and stress later on.
- Maximum deductions. Not sure what you can and can’t deduct? Your tax agent will be. And they will see that you get every single deduction that you can.
- Fees. The fees and commission can sometimes amount to a decent chunk of money. If things are tight, then you might prefer to keep this in your own pocket.
What are some questions to ask your tax agent?
- Ensure that they are fully certified with the TPB.
- Ensure that they have expertise with your type of return.
- Ask about the many deductions that you might be entitled to.
- Ask for a written confirmation of fees and ensure there will be no further fees or charges.
- Ask for a time frame of your return and enquire what compensation is available if any deadlines are missed by your service.
- Ask about what you can do in the coming year to increase your deduction the next tax year.