Find a tax accountant in Sydney.
Now in the modern world it is completely realistic for you to complete your tax return online or over the phone, and for you to never have to meet with your tax agent face-to-face. But many people still like to do their taxes the old fashioned way and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. So for all you resident of Sydney looking for a tax agent in your area, we’ve provided a preview of some of the most prominent companies in the city, and why you should think about using their services.
Now to ensure that you’re dealing with a fully registered company, you’ll want to make sure that they are fully registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). The TPB section of the government website has a full list of registered tax services, so you’ll want to make sure that anyone you are thinking of trusting with your tax is fully licensed and registered.
Once you’ve found a service that you like, can comfortably afford and that you know is fully registered, then the next step is to make contact with them and discuss your needs. Some brokers will make an appointment for you to visit their offices, other will talk over the phone, but either way you should have all of your financial statements ready so that they can begin preparing your return and make accurate calculations.
There are three main factors in deciding which tax service you should use. These are:
- Do they have the service you require? (Individual, business, trust etc.)
- What is their method of preparation? (Entirely online, in person, over phone etc.)
- What are their fees?
We’ve reviewed a selection of the biggest providers in Australia, so why not have a look through our guides, noting which provider works on the service, in the way and at the price that you would like to pay.Back to top
Being Australia’s largest city, Sydney is home to most of the large providers of tax services and also has several smaller companies that are localised to the region.
The Eastern Suburbs
Including Woolloomooloo, Woollahra, Randwick, Waverley, and others.
The Inner West
Including Balmain, Concord, Enfield, Canada Bay, Enmore, Drummoyne and Strathfield.
The Northern Beaches
Including Brookvale, Collaroy, Manly and Narrabeen.
The North Shore
Including Neutral Bay, Waverton, Wahroonga, North Sydney and Willoughby.
The Hills District
Including Parramatta, Hornsby Shire, Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, Blacktown, Pennant Hills and Rouse Hill.
The Sutherland Shire
Including Cronulla, Miranda, Sutherland, Sylvania and Woolooware.
The Forest District
Including Frenchs Forest, Forestville, Belrose and Killarney Heights.
Greater Western Sydney
Including Auburn, Camden, Bankstown, Campbelltown, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Parramatta, Fairfield, Liverpool, Hawkesbury, Penrith and Wollondilly Shire.
Please note that this is not a complete list, and if you don’t see your suburb listed here that doesn’t mean there aren’t services available in your area.Back to top
- Less stress. Tax can be taxing. It’s so much easier to give your financial information to a professional and let them do the rest.
- Less errors. Leaving it up to a professional sure ensure everything is entered correctly first time around, saving you work and stress later on.
- Maximum deductions. Not sure what you can and can’t deduct? Your tax agent will be. And they will see that you get every single deduction that you can.
- Fees. The fees and commission can sometimes amount to a decent chunk of money. If things are tight, then you might prefer to keep this in your own pocket.
- Ensure that they are fully certified with the TPB.
- Ensure that they have expertise with your type of return.
- Ask about the many deductions that you might be entitled to.
- Ask for a written confirmation of fees and ensure there will be no further fees or charges.
- Ask for a time frame of your return and enquire what compensation is available if any deadlines are missed by your service.
- Ask about what you can do in the coming year to increase your deduction the next tax year.
Should I use a tax agent, or can I do it myself? It’s a good question, and one that many people are asking at this time of year. In this article we’ll break down the pros and cons of getting help with your taxes and help you make the right choice. And like you hire a plumber to fix a broken toilet, a tax agent is a professional to help make easy work of something potential quite messy. It’s their job to stay on top of the ever changing rules, the shifting laws and the varying deductions, to ensure that in any given year, you’re getting the most from your return.