What tax service providers are there in Perth?
Perth may be Australia’s most remote major city, but sadly the reach of the taxman extends exactly that far. Fortunately, there are also plenty of options to help guide you through tax season. All of the big nationwide tax providers should have offices in or around Perth as well as several local and regional services. So if you prefer to complete your return face to face, then you should have no problem finding an office near Perth. Otherwise, if you prefer to work online or over the phone, there are plenty of options available to you.
There are three main ways that tax agents in Perth, and in fact across Australia will work.
- In person.
- Over the telephone.
The route you choose will really depend on your personal preference. Some people are comfortable entering information online, while others still prefer to see their agent face to face. There is no right or wrong answer here, it is simply a question of what you’re comfortable with.
The same is true for the fees you can expect to pay. Some agents will charge a flat fee, others will charge a percentage of your return. Some will expect payment regardless, and others will work on a no refund, no payment basis. The great thing for you is that you have options, and no matter what you’re comfortable with, or what you prefer, you’re likely to find a tax service that works for you.Back to top
Comparing tax agents is actually quite straightforward. There are three main areas of comparison.
- Do they offer the service you require? (Individual, business, trust etc.)
- What is their method of contact? (Online, in person, telephone etc.)
- What are their fees?
There is a lot of competition amongst the large, nationwide tax providers, and so you should find that most of them will offer expertise in multiple types or return, and that they have multiple different methods of completing your return.
There will be most variety in the fees that they charge, however, and so you should pay attention to this. Some will charge a flat fee, others may take a percentage. Before you agree to your tax service you should get written confirmation of their fees and ensure that there are no surprise, or hidden fees, that could come later after your return has been processed.Back to top
There are tax agents all around Perth, including the areas listed below.
- The Coast
Including City Beach, Scarborough, Swanbourne and Cottesloe.
- The Hills
Including Guildford, Midvale, Caversham, Viveash and Middle Swan.
- Perth CBD
- West Perth
Including Shenton Park, Karrakatta and Subiaco.
- Northern Suburbs
Including Woodlands, Osborne Park, Hawthorn, North Perth, Leederville, Wembley and Yokine to name a few.
- Southern Suburbs
Including Como, South Perth, Salter Point, Karawara, Wilson, Bentley and more.
- It’s easier. Tax can be taxing. If you’d rather not get tangled up in it, then tax services are there to take it off your hands and out of your mind.
- Reduce errors. There can sometimes be penalties or delays for improperly completed tax returns. If you use a tax service then you should minimise the likelihood of any mistakes and reduce your headaches.
- Maximise deductions. The key to reducing your tax bill is to maximise your allowable deductions. This is harder than it sounds. The rules change year-to-year and the language around deductions can be confusing. Tax agents are experts in their field, and should help you get the most out of your expenses.
- Fees. The big downside to using a tax service is its expense. While the cost for individual returns isn’t usually more than $100, if you’re not expecting to get much back, or if you don’t have access that money it can seem like a lot.
- Are you fully certified with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB)? Can you see proof?
- Do you have expertise with my type of return? How many years?
- What deductions am I entitled to?
- What are your fees? Are there any hidden charges?
- What are the key dates? And when can I expect my rebate?
- What steps can I take to increase my deduction for the next tax year?
We’ve previewed some of the best tax agents in Australia today. Be sure to look through our guides of the companies available in your area.
What's trending right now with tax?
Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.