Tax agents in Hobart
Find a tax agent in Hobart to help you lodge your tax return in person, or an online tax agent to help you from anywhere.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There are plenty of tax agents in Hobart. Here are a few that have good reviews on Google below, or you can lodge your return online with an online agent.
|H&R Block Hobart||1/144 Collins St||03 6215 8300|
|Smartax||Shop GF 13/39 Murray St||03 6231 9122|
|ITP Hobart||200 Liverpool St||03 6234 4377|
|KPG Taxation||Level 1/97 Warwick St||03 9793 3335|
|Total Accounting & Taxation Specialists||30 Patrick St||03 6234 1004|
Have you considered an online tax agent?
*This is the minimum fee charged for income item tax returns. The price listed on this table is subject to terms and conditions. To find out more or to receive an accurate quote for your tax return, please visit the agent's website to submit an enquiry.
**The products compared on this page are chosen from a range of offers available to us and are not representative of all the products available in the market. There is no perfect order or perfect ranking system for the products we list on our Site, so we provide you with the functionality to self-select, re-order and compare products. The initial display order is influenced by a range of factors including conversion rates, product costs and commercial arrangements, so please don't interpret the listing order as an endorsement or recommendation from us. We're happy to provide you with the tools you need to make better decisions, but we'd like you to make your own decisions and compare and assess products based on your own preferences, circumstances and needs.
How do tax agents work?
If you find filing a tax return confusing, difficult and complicated, a tax agent can help. Tax agents are experts about preparing income tax returns for their clients. They can examine your income, assets and expenses to help you provide all the relevant information the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) needs to process your tax return. In addition, your tax agent can help you work out what you can claim as a deduction so as to help you minimise your tax bill and get more money back.
In order to provide tax agent services for a fee in Australia, your agent will need to be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). The TPB website contains a database of registered tax practitioners in Australia, so make sure that any tax agent you’re considering using is fully licensed and registered.
How do I compare tax agents in Hobart?
Before choosing a tax agent to handle your income tax return, research all the available tax agents in Hobart and compare the services they offer. Make sure to consider:
What their fees are
- Check to see how much an agent charges for their services and whether this is affordable.
How much experience they have
- Look for an experienced tax agent who has a reputation for being efficient and trustworthy.
How they can help you
- Does the agent have any expertise when filing a particular type of tax return, for example business tax returns? Can they help you find extra ways to get more money back on your return?
How they prepare your return
- Will you need to visit the tax agent’s office to have your tax return prepared or can it be done online or over the phone?
Whether they offer advice and tips
- Good tax agents will offer you tips to help you minimise tax not only for this financial year but in the future as well.
How long it will take
- Compare when each agent can find an appointment time for you and how long they expect it will take to prepare your tax return.
What areas in Hobart are tax agents available?
Tax agents are essential everywhere, regardless of where you may live in Hobart or around Australia. Happily, tax agents are available all around Hobart, including in the following areas:
- Australia’s second oldest capital city is home to some beautiful heritage buildings and fascinating historical sites. Suburbs in this area include Battery Point, Dynnyrne, Fern Tree, Glebe, Lenah Valley, Mt Nelson, New Town, North Hobart, South Hobart and West Hobart.
- Glenorchy is found about seven kilometres to the north of the Hobart CBD and is bordered in the east by the Derwent River. Some of the suburbs in the Glenorchy area include Glenorchy, Austins Ferry, Berriedale, Chigwell, Claremont, Collinsvale, Derwent Park, Goodwood, Granton, Lutana, Moonah and Rosetta.
The Eastern Shore
- Sitting on the opposite shore of the Derwent River to the Hobart CBD, this region is linked to the city by the Tasman Bridge. Suburbs include Acton Park, Bellerive, Cambridge, Clarendon Vale, Clifton Beach, Geilston Bay, Howrah, Lauderdale, Lindisfarne, Mornington, Richmond, Risdon, Seven Mile Beach and South Arm.
- Brighton is found around 25 kilometres northeast of Hobart. Suburbs in the Brighton municipality include Bridgewater, Gagebrook, Old Beach, Pontville and Tea Tree.
What are the points in favour and against to use a tax agent to file my return?
- It takes the stress out of tax time. Putting together your tax return on your own can be stressful and time consuming, so using a tax agent ensures that your return can be completed with a minimum of fuss.
- You can take advantage of expert knowledge. Filing an income tax return can be a complicated and confusing task, so using a tax agent’s expertise and know-how will ensure that there are no errors or omissions that could bring you to the attention of the ATO.
- You’ll never miss a deduction. The rules around what you can and can’t claim as a tax deduction can be quite confusing for the everyday Australian. However, your tax agent knows all the ins and outs of claiming deductions and will help you get the maximum possible r
- They don’t work for free. Keep in mind that you’ll need to pay your tax agent for their services; however, you can claim this fee as a deduction on your next tax return.
Questions to ask your tax agent
Getting a tax agent to help you prepare your tax return is a great way to maximise your return and ensure that you don’t make any mistakes that could put you offside with the ATO. Make sure to compare the services and fees of a number of Hobart tax agents before choosing the right one to handle your finances.
Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.
More guides on Finder
A beginner’s guide to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
5 ways property buyers can get the edge in a booming market
Is house price growth going to slow during spring? Property expert Lloyd Edge has the surprising answer.
Term Life Insurance in Australia
Find out how term life insurance actually works and receive quotes for cover securely.
9 important business trends for the new financial year [SPONSORED] Unpredictable times mean planning is more important than ever.
Easy Shed discount codes September 2021
For garden sheds, garages, workshops and more Easy Shed has you covered. All have a lifetime warranty for your peace of mind.
5 key tax time 2021 questions for investors
Not sure what the rules are for shares or franking credits? Here are the details.
Boost your 2021 tax return: Top tips for a bigger refund
It's tax time! Finder's money writers share their tips to claim deductions on everything from your home office, car and insurance to your mortgage.
Tax traps: What the ATO is checking this year
These are the claims you need to be extra-careful about in 2021.
WIN! $2000 worth of eBay vouchers – last chance to enter
Attention online shoppers: We're giving away a $2000 eBay gift card just in time for this year''s EOFY sales. Enter now!
Ask an Expert