Find a tax agent in Hobart to help you get the best results from your income tax return.
Australia’s least populated capital city, Hobart is known for its impressive natural beauty and its relaxed, laid-back pace. From the fresh produce of the Salamanca Markets to the snow-capped peak of Mt Wellington, Hobart offers a huge variety of sights and experiences to its more than 217,000 residents.
If you live in Hobart and you need help preparing your income tax return, there are plenty of qualified and experienced tax agents available. With the end of the financial year just around the corner, now is the time to start getting your finances in order and working out how you can maximise your tax return.
- Online DIY tax returns starting from $19
- Online Tax Pro starting from $135*
- Business tax returns from $280*
H&R Block Tax Return Offer
Enjoy the flexibility of lodging your tax return online with H&R Block.
Use the online DIY tax return system to lodge your individual or business tax return in less than 10 minutes. H&R Block will guide you through the process with tips and tricks and an accountant will check your return before sending it to the ATO.
Or opt for an Online Tax Pro to lodge your return online with the help of expert tax consultants who will prepare your return for you and maximise your refund.
Find a tax agent in Hobart
*This is the minimum fee charged for income item tax returns. The price listed on this table is subject to terms and conditions. To find out more or to receive an accurate quote for your tax return, please visit the agent's website to submit an enquiry.
**The tax agents compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms "Best" and "Top" are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
How do tax agents in Hobart work?
If you find filing a tax return confusing, difficult and complicated, a tax agent can help. Tax agents are experts about preparing income tax returns for their clients. They can examine your income, assets and expenses to help you provide all the relevant information the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) needs to process your tax return. In addition, your tax agent can help you work out what you can claim as a deduction so as to help you minimise your tax bill and get more money back.
In order to provide tax agent services for a fee in Australia, your agent will need to be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). The TPB website contains a database of registered tax practitioners in Australia, so make sure that any tax agent you’re considering using is fully licensed and registered.
How do I compare tax agents in Hobart?
Before choosing a tax agent to handle your income tax return, research all the available tax agents in Hobart and compare the services they offer. Make sure to consider:
What their fees are
- Check to see how much an agent charges for their services and whether this is affordable.
How much experience they have
- Look for an experienced tax agent who has a reputation for being efficient and trustworthy.
How they can help you
- Does the agent have any expertise when filing a particular type of tax return, for example business tax returns? Can they help you find extra ways to get more money back on your return?
How they prepare your return
- Will you need to visit the tax agent’s office to have your tax return prepared or can it be done online or over the phone?
Whether they offer advice and tips
- Good tax agents will offer you tips to help you minimise tax not only for this financial year but in the future as well.
How long it will take
- Compare when each agent can find an appointment time for you and how long they expect it will take to prepare your tax return.
What areas in Hobart are tax agents available?
Tax agents are essential everywhere, regardless of where you may live in Hobart or around Australia. Happily, tax agents are available all around Hobart, including in the following areas:
- Australia’s second oldest capital city is home to some beautiful heritage buildings and fascinating historical sites. Suburbs in this area include Battery Point, Dynnyrne, Fern Tree, Glebe, Lenah Valley, Mt Nelson, New Town, North Hobart, South Hobart and West Hobart.
- Glenorchy is found about seven kilometres to the north of the Hobart CBD and is bordered in the east by the Derwent River. Some of the suburbs in the Glenorchy area include Glenorchy, Austins Ferry, Berriedale, Chigwell, Claremont, Collinsvale, Derwent Park, Goodwood, Granton, Lutana, Moonah and Rosetta.
The Eastern Shore
- Sitting on the opposite shore of the Derwent River to the Hobart CBD, this region is linked to the city by the Tasman Bridge. Suburbs include Acton Park, Bellerive, Cambridge, Clarendon Vale, Clifton Beach, Geilston Bay, Howrah, Lauderdale, Lindisfarne, Mornington, Richmond, Risdon, Seven Mile Beach and South Arm.
- Brighton is found around 25 kilometres northeast of Hobart. Suburbs in the Brighton municipality include Bridgewater, Gagebrook, Old Beach, Pontville and Tea Tree.
What are the points in favour and against to use a tax agent to file my return?
- It takes the stress out of tax time. Putting together your tax return on your own can be stressful and time consuming, so using a tax agent ensures that your return can be completed with a minimum of fuss.
- You can take advantage of expert knowledge. Filing an income tax return can be a complicated and confusing task, so using a tax agent’s expertise and know-how will ensure that there are no errors or omissions that could bring you to the attention of the ATO.
- You’ll never miss a deduction. The rules around what you can and can’t claim as a tax deduction can be quite confusing for the everyday Australian. However, your tax agent knows all the ins and outs of claiming deductions and will help you get the maximum possible r
- They don’t work for free. Keep in mind that you’ll need to pay your tax agent for their services; however, you can claim this fee as a deduction on your next tax return.
Questions to ask your tax agent
Getting a tax agent to help you prepare your tax return is a great way to maximise your return and ensure that you don’t make any mistakes that could put you offside with the ATO. Make sure to compare the services and fees of a number of Hobart tax agents before choosing the right one to handle your finances.
Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.