Find a tax accountant on the Gold Coast
Find a tax accountant on the Gold Coast or an online tax agent that's available Australia-wide.
At the end of the financial year, it’s compulsory for everyone to submit their tax return. A registered tax agent can work with you to help you get the maximum refund available. There's a bunch of tax agents available on the Gold Coast if you'd prefer to visit an office and speak with an agency about your taxes.
If you don't live near a tax agent on the Gold Coast, you can also use an online tax agent. An online tax agent could be a good option if you've got a simple tax return to file and just need a quick and easy way to lodge your return.
Have you considered an online tax agent?
*This is the minimum fee charged for income item tax returns. The price listed on this table is subject to terms and conditions. To find out more or to receive an accurate quote for your tax return, please visit the agent's website to submit an enquiry.
**The tax agents compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms "Best" and "Top" are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
Gold Coast tax agents
There are tax agents all over the Gold Coast. However, there’s a concentration of tax agents in the Gold Coast’s populated areas and central business district.
|Tax Agent||Some Locations||Phone number||Price|
|H&R Block||Southport QLD|
Mermaid Beach QLD
|07 5617 5000|
07 5617 6500
07 5617 6500
|Assisted returns start from $70 for under 21s|
|07 5532 5588|
07 5539 5590
|Assisted tax returns start from $79 for under 21s|
|Gold Coast Tax||Rose Valley Dr||07 5573 0173||Prices depend on the type of tax return|
Please note that this is not a complete list, but a small snapshot. If you don't see your suburb listed here that doesn't mean there aren't services available in your area.
How to compare tax agents in the Gold Coast
- Fees. The price of the tax agent will vary on a number of factors. You may find that income tax chains are cheaper than individual agents; however, the cost of the service can depend on the agent's reputation, the speed in which they can offer the service and the work required to prepare the tax statement. Tax agents in the Gold Coast generally advertise their fees on their website; but a simple phone call is all it takes to find out the cost of the tax agent's service.
- The service. Unless you're an expert in the area of income tax, a Gold Coast tax agent should be able to get your return lodged in less time than doing it yourself. Besides being able to quickly lodge your income tax return, a tax agent should also be able to get you the greatest refund possible by investigating all the deductions you're eligible to claim. There may be some items you have purchased in the previous year you can claim back as a tax deduction. A Gold Coast tax agent can assist you with business activity statement (BAS) requirements, although there are specialist registered BAS agents who can also perform this service as well. Both tax agents and BAS agents must comply with the Tax Agent Services Act 2009.
- Reputation. You should be able to research the reputation of a tax agent in the Gold Coast by performing a simple internet search. People are willing the review the services of tax agents they've used in the past, and if a tax agent in the Gold Coast has underperformed, you're sure to be able to read about it on the internet.
Pros and cons of using a tax agent
- Speed. A tax agent can almost certainly complete your tax return in a shorter period of time than people who have no or limited experience preparing a lodging a personal income tax return.
- A greater return. A Gold Coast tax agent can help you identify all your deductions you may be eligible to receive for the previous financial year. This expert knowledge does come at a price; however, you may find that the cost of making use of the tax agent’s service minimal when compared to the greater tax return.
- Price. Registered tax agents charge a fee for their services. The cost will vary between different sole operators and national tax agent chains. You can easily investigate the cost for of the service (and the agent’s reputation too) by contacting the tax agent directly.
- Limited services. A registered tax agent has a scope of services limited to preparing and lodging personal income tax returns. Some tax agents may also be able to prepare business activity statements. A tax agent can not perform the services of an accountant.
Regardless of where you’re located on the Gold Coast, there’s an abundance of registered tax agents willing to help you prepare and lodge your tax return. Make sure you do your due diligence before employing the services of a registered professional so you can get the largest refund you’re eligible to receive from the tax office.
What's trending right now with tax?
Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.
Ask an Expert