Find a tax accountant on the Gold Coast
Find a tax accountant on the Gold Coast or an online tax agent that's available Australia-wide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There are plenty of tax agents in the Gold Coast. Here are a few that have good reviews on Google below, or you can lodge your return online with an online agent.
|H&R Block||2/34 Siganto Dr, Helensvale||07 5617 8900|
|Gold Coast Tax||4/25 Rose Valley Dr, Upper Coomera QLD||07 5573 0173|
|Greenaway Taxation & Accountants||10 Serin St, Upper Coomera||07 5502 7694|
|Sapphire Accountants & Tax Agents||12/90 Days Rd, Upper Coomera||1300 728 704|
|Jayton Joseph Accountant||Unit 18 B/3 Cottonwood Pl, Oxenford QLD||07 5561 8161|
Have you considered an online tax agent?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
*This is the minimum fee charged for income item tax returns. The price listed on this table is subject to terms and conditions. To find out more or to receive an accurate quote for your tax return, please visit the agent's website to submit an enquiry.
**The tax agents compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms "Best" and "Top" are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
Gold Coast tax agents
There are tax agents all over the Gold Coast. However, there’s a concentration of tax agents in the Gold Coast’s populated areas and central business district.
|Tax Agent||Some Locations||Phone number||Price|
|H&R Block||Southport QLD|
Mermaid Beach QLD
|07 5617 5000|
07 5617 6500
07 5617 6500
|Assisted returns start from $70 for under 21s|
|07 5532 5588|
07 5539 5590
|Assisted tax returns start from $79 for under 21s|
|Gold Coast Tax||Rose Valley Dr||07 5573 0173||Prices depend on the type of tax return|
Please note that this is not a complete list, but a small snapshot. If you don't see your suburb listed here that doesn't mean there aren't services available in your area.
How to compare tax agents in the Gold Coast
- Fees. The price of the tax agent will vary on a number of factors. You may find that income tax chains are cheaper than individual agents; however, the cost of the service can depend on the agent's reputation, the speed in which they can offer the service and the work required to prepare the tax statement. Tax agents in the Gold Coast generally advertise their fees on their website; but a simple phone call is all it takes to find out the cost of the tax agent's service.
- The service. Unless you're an expert in the area of income tax, a Gold Coast tax agent should be able to get your return lodged in less time than doing it yourself. Besides being able to quickly lodge your income tax return, a tax agent should also be able to get you the greatest refund possible by investigating all the deductions you're eligible to claim. There may be some items you have purchased in the previous year you can claim back as a tax deduction. A Gold Coast tax agent can assist you with business activity statement (BAS) requirements, although there are specialist registered BAS agents who can also perform this service as well. Both tax agents and BAS agents must comply with the Tax Agent Services Act 2009.
- Reputation. You should be able to research the reputation of a tax agent in the Gold Coast by performing a simple internet search. People are willing the review the services of tax agents they've used in the past, and if a tax agent in the Gold Coast has underperformed, you're sure to be able to read about it on the internet.
Pros and cons of using a tax agent
- Speed. A tax agent can almost certainly complete your tax return in a shorter period of time than people who have no or limited experience preparing a lodging a personal income tax return.
- A greater return. A Gold Coast tax agent can help you identify all your deductions you may be eligible to receive for the previous financial year. This expert knowledge does come at a price; however, you may find that the cost of making use of the tax agent’s service minimal when compared to the greater tax return.
- Price. Registered tax agents charge a fee for their services. The cost will vary between different sole operators and national tax agent chains. You can easily investigate the cost for of the service (and the agent’s reputation too) by contacting the tax agent directly.
- Limited services. A registered tax agent has a scope of services limited to preparing and lodging personal income tax returns. Some tax agents may also be able to prepare business activity statements. A tax agent can not perform the services of an accountant.
Regardless of where you’re located on the Gold Coast, there’s an abundance of registered tax agents willing to help you prepare and lodge your tax return. Make sure you do your due diligence before employing the services of a registered professional so you can get the largest refund you’re eligible to receive from the tax office.
What's trending right now with tax?
Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.
More guides on Finder
Boost your 2021 tax return: Top tips for a bigger refund
It's tax time! Finder's money writers share their tips to claim deductions on everything from your home office, car and insurance to your mortgage.
WIN! $2000 worth of eBay vouchers – last chance to enter
Attention online shoppers: We're giving away a $2000 eBay gift card just in time for this year''s EOFY sales. Enter now!
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
6 burning Australian crypto tax questions answered
SPONSORED: Straightforward answers about how your crypto wins and losses will be taxed
4 tips to streamline your Australian cryptocurrency tax in 2021
SPONSORED: Calculating your crypto tax is easier than you think. These tips will help you figure out what you owe – without the need for a calculator.
Working from home: What can I claim on tax?
Working from home due to coronavirus and want to know what you can claim on tax? Here's how to claim your home office and other household expenses as a tax deduction this year.
13 best pet-friendly accommodation options on the Gold Coast
A list of pet-friendly accommodation on the Gold Coast, so you can take your fur-baby travelling with you.
Jetstar sale slashes Gold Coast seats to $44
EXPIRED: Find warmth on one of Queensland's world-famous beaches this winter.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what it takes to launch an accounting firm in today’s market.
Ask an Expert