Find a tax accountant in the Gold Coast so you can get more on your tax refund — fast.
Famous for its beaches, theme parks and nightlife, the Gold Coast is one of Australia’s most popular tourist destinations and the second most populated area in Queensland. Over half a million people live on the Gold Coast. So there are an abundance of tax agents to choose from if you need help preparing and lodging your tax return. A registered tax agent can work with you to help you get the maximum refund available. At the end of the financial year, it’s compulsory for everyone to submit their tax return. This page provides information on what to look for in a tax agent and how to find one on the Gold Coast.
A registered tax agent can prepare and lodge your tax return in time for the end of the financial year. Tax agents can help you get the largest refund possible by working with you to investigate any tax deductions you may be eligible to receive from the government — anyone who isn’t an expert in the area of tax law should be able to appreciate the complicated nature of this process.
A tax agent can help you prepare and lodge your tax return; however, there are some things that a tax agent can’t help you with. For example, if you’re looking for advice on how to structure your business, an accountant is a more suitable professional. An accountant can also help you with personal taxation matters. A tax agent must be registered in order to assist you lodging your tax return. There are severe penalties if a tax agent is found to have been practicing without a licence.Back to top
- Fees. The price of the tax agent will vary on a number of factors. You may find that income tax chains are cheaper than individual agents; however, the cost of the service can depend on the agent’s reputation, the speed in which they can offer the service and the work required to prepare the tax statement. Tax agents in the Gold Coast generally advertise their fees on their website; but a simple phone call is all it takes to find out the cost of the tax agent’s service.
- The service. Unless you’re an expert in the area of income tax, a Gold Coast tax agent should be able to get your return lodged in less time than doing it yourself. Besides being able to quickly lodge your income tax return, a tax agent should also be able to get you the greatest refund possible by investigating all the deductions you’re eligible to claim. There may be some items you have purchased in the previous year you can claim back as a tax deduction. A Gold Coast tax agent can assist you with business activity statement (BAS) requirements, although there are specialist registered BAS agents who can also perform this service as well. Both tax agents and BAS agents must comply with the Tax Agent Services Act 2009.
- Reputation. You should be able to research the reputation of a tax agent in the Gold Coast by performing a simple internet search. People are willing the review the services of tax agents they’ve used in the past, and if a tax agent in the Gold Coast has underperformed, you’re sure to be able to read about it on the internet.
There are tax agents all over the Gold Coast. However, there’s a concentration of tax agents in the Gold Coast’s populated areas and central business district.
Burleigh Heads is made up of the suburbs North Burleigh, Koala Park and West Burleigh. The suburb stretches from Miami to Tallebudgera Creek. Burleigh Heads is an alternative to the tourist-centric parts of the Gold Coast.
Although the Broadbeach Waters area is primarily residential, you can find tax agents in Broadbeach Waters. The locality features man made canals and it sits within the Gold Coast City boundaries.
Southport has been around since the first days of the Queensland colony. Southport is comprised of four different suburbs: Chirn Park, Musgrave Hill, Parklands and Keebra Park. As the central business district of the Gold Coast, Southport has one of the highest concentrations of Gold Coast’s tax agents, accountants and other professionals.
Helensvale is about twenty kilometers from Surfer’s Paradise and is considered a major transport hub for the area. Helensvale tax agents are a good option if you live some distance from the centre of the Gold Coast.
Arguably the most famous and popular destination on the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise — or ‘Surfer’s’ as it’s known to the locals — is comprised of approximately ten smaller suburbs including Surfer’s South, Northcliffe, Bundall Waters and Evandale
The region of Sorrento is in the southern section of Bundall. This is the only other suburb within the locality of Bundall. You can find a range of tax agents in the area of Bundall.
- Speed. A tax agent can almost certainly complete your tax return in a shorter period of time than people who have no or limited experience preparing a lodging a personal income tax return.
- A greater return. A Gold Coast tax agent can help you identify all your deductions you may be eligible to receive for the previous financial year. This expert knowledge does come at a price; however, you may find that the cost of making use of the tax agent’s service minimal when compared to the greater tax return.
- Price. Registered tax agents charge a fee for their services. The cost will vary between different sole operators and national tax agent chains. You can easily investigate the cost for of the service (and the agent’s reputation too) by contacting the tax agent directly.
- Limited services. A registered tax agent has a scope of services limited to preparing and lodging personal income tax returns. Some tax agents may also be able to prepare business activity statements. A tax agent can not perform the services of an accountant.
Do I need to show any receipts?
You’re not required to provide receipts to your Gold Coast tax agent if you want to claim a deduction or receive a refund from the government. However, you must make legitimate claims.
Who are you clients?
If you’re employing a tax agent in the Gold Coast for your business, it’s better to find a tax agent who specialises in a specific type of client. Make sure that your tax agent has dealt with a business like yours before so they’re knowledgeable about all the types deductions your business can claim.
When is the best time to arrange an appointment?
Naturally, tax agents are busiest at the turn of the financial year and you may be unable to book an appointment if you leave preparing your tax return to the last minute — especially there’s a bit of work involved. Some tax agents in the Gold Coast are available all year round.
How do you charge?
Find out whether your Gold Coast tax agent charges a flat fee or by the hour. You should be able to get an approximate cost or quote before your first appointment.
Regardless of where you’re located on the Gold Coast, there’s an abundance of registered tax agents willing to help you prepare and lodge your tax return. Make sure you do your due diligence before employing the services of a registered professional so you can get the largest refund you’re eligible to receive from the tax office.