Find a tax accountant in Canberra
Find a tax agent in Canberra to help you lodge your tax return in person, or an online tax agent to help you from anywhere.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There are plenty of tax agents in Canberra. Here are a few that have good reviews on Google below, or you can lodge your return online with an online agent.
|H&R Block Canberra||Ground Floor, Ethos House, 28 Ainslie Place Canberra||02 6129 1800|
|Vivid Accounting||Level 2/10 Rudd St, Canberra||02 6171 6000|
|Bennetts Tax & Bas||15/11 McKay Gardens, Turner ACT||0421 074 952|
|Viisum Accountants||5 Torrens St, Braddon ACT||02 5104 0838|
|Elucidate Accounting & Tax||1/73 Northbourne Ave, Canberra||02 6162 5577|
Have you considered using an online tax return agent?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
A tax agent is someone who can help you prepare and lodge your tax return. A tax agent must be registered with the Tax Practitioner's Board (TPB). A registered tax agent in Canberra can charge a fee for their tax services. Even if you think your tax return is relatively straight forward, it can pay to use the services of a professional so you can get the most from your tax return. A tax agent can give you specialised, personal advice and direction in preparing and lodging your Income Tax Return. A Canberra Tax Agent can tell you exactly how much of your income you need to declare and how much you’re eligible to receive as a tax refund.
For example, a registered tax agent can help you with the following:
- Preparing your Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Lodging tax forms
- Giving advice about taxation law
- Dealing with the taxation commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer
A tax agent must be qualified under the Tax Agent Services Regulations Act 2009 (TASR). In order to be eligible for registration, a tax agent must have qualifications in either accountancy or law, be a member of a professional society of organisation or obtained the necessary experience over a set period of time. Please note, that a tax agents services are different to the services of an accountant. An accountant looks forward and is more of a strategist. An accountant can help you grow your income; while a tax agent is primarily concerned with getting the most from your tax return.Back to top
There are some very easy ways you can compare tax agents in Canberra. Refer to the tax agent fees as a starting point. Some agents may be more expensive than others, you then have to look beyond the fees to see whether the service offered by selected tax agents is worth the extra cost. Some agents offer a first time no obligation free consultation, and some agents will even come to you. You can compare Canberra tax agents by the following points.
- Price. Canberra tax agents offer their services for different prices. For example, a tax agent who is operating independently may cost less (or more) than a tax agent operating under a brand name or a chain, like H&R Block. People are quick to point out that the less pay you pay for a tax agent’s services, the less you’re likely to get back on your tax return. Although the price of a tax agent may be commensurate to their experience, this is not a rule of thumb and it’s important to judge each individual agent on their merits. Ask your tax agent for references or ask to speak to a previous client if you’re unsure about whether you would like to employ the services of a Canberra tax agent.
- Services. What services does your Canberra tax agent offer? Some tax agents go beyond the preparation and lodging of your tax return. For example, some tax agents specialise in preparing tax forms for individuals; while other tax agents can provide services for sole traders, contractors and small businesses.
- Availability. Is your chosen tax agent available to perform your tax services at the time you wish? Furthermore, are you able to physically get to your tax agent? Some agents will come to you, so you don’t have to go out of your way.
You will be able to find a registered tax agent in most areas of Canberra. You have a couple of options if you want to find a Canberra tax agent. On the one hand, you can employ the services of a national chain that has an office in Canberra, large organisations like H&R Block are an example. The other option is to go for a local tax agent who operates in the Canberra region only.
There are approximately twenty-five suburbs in the Canberra Central region. The city centre is in Central Canberra. There is an abundance of tax agents in this area. Central Canberra is comprised of the following suburbs: Civic, Deakin, Dickson, Fyshwick, Manuka, Kingston, Reid, Turner and Watson.
The Belconnen region also has approximately twenty five suburbs within it, including: Belconnen, Cook, Dunlop, Holt, Macquarie, Scullin, Spence and Weetangera.
Originally designed as a satellite city separate to Canberra Central, the Woden Valley is home to about thirty thousand Canberrans. Suburbs within the Woden Valley district: Chiefly, Curtin, Garren, Hughes, Mawson, Phillip and Torrens.
Tuggeranong is one of the original districts of Canberra and consists of nineteen suburbs: Kambah, Greenway, Banks, Calwell, Monash and Oxley, for example.
- Tax refund. A tax agent should be knowledgeable about all the items you can claim as a tax deduction and can find ways to increase your tax refund.
- Specialist knowledge. The taxation system is rather complicated. A tax agent will be able to advise you on some of the perplexing points of tax law in Australia.
- Tax agent fees. Although a tax agent can maximise your tax return, they don’t work for free. You’ll need to pay a fee if you employ the services of a tax agent.
- Accountants. An accountant can advise on areas of taxation law and should be able to handle your tax return, too. A tax agent usually does not advise on areas of business structure, for example, like an accountant.
If you’re looking to get the biggest tax refund you can get, it helps to have a tax agent who knows how to make the system work for you. Compare tax agents in Canberra so you can find the right professional to handle your tax return in time for the new financial year.
What's trending right now with tax?
Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Ask an Expert