What tax service providers are there in Brisbane?
Brisbane is home to some of Australia’s biggest and most popular tax service providers, so you’ll have your pick of the offices to stop by and visit. And if you don’t want to do your taxes in person, you’ll find that most of the major companies have an online or telephone service, so you can get it all done from the comfort of your own home. We’ve previewed some of the biggest tax services available in Australia, so keep reading through to find the service that works for you.
Thankfully, using a tax service is a lot more simple than doing your own taxes. It’s usually a case of finding a service that works for you, handing over your key financial information, and letting them do the rest. But finding a service that works for you is crucial. There is a lot of difference between the services available, including the types of returns they process and their fees. So have a look through our guides to the best tax service available in Australia and find one that best suits you. We’ve given a list of things to think about and questions to ask at the bottom of the page, just in case you don’t really know what you’re looking for.
Once you find a service that you like, talk to them about their specific way of working. Though as a guideline it is usually as simple as consulting with them about your return and financial information and letting them do the rest.Back to top
There are three main areas in which tax agents differ. These are:
- Price. This is always the big one, and in tax like in everything else, you’ll find services that work for a range of different fees. The fee will also vary based on what type of return you’re looking to process.
- Method. Some tax services work entirely remotely, while others require your physical presence. If you have a preference, you should look for a tax service that offers that.
- Your return type. If you’re filing an individual return, a trust return, or a business return, you’ll be able to find a tax service that specialises in your area. Look through our guides to find one that fits.
You’ll also want to ensure that your tax agent is fully registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). This is the national registry of tax services allowed in Australia, put simply, if they’re not registered then they’re operating illegally and should be avoided and reported.Back to top
There are tax services available all over Brisbane, and even if there isn’t one available in your area, you could always find one who works online. Areas of Brisbane that have tax offices include:
- The Eastern Suburbs
Including Wynnum, Manly West, Birkdale, Carindale, Lytton, Ormiston, and Tingalpa.
- Inner Brisbane
Including Toowong, Morningside, Woolloongabba, Indooroopilly, Hamilton, and Alderley.
- Western Suburbs
Including Kenmore, Sumner, Pullenvale, Karana Downs, Chuwar and many others.
- Northern Suburbs
Including Upper Kedron, Brendale, Chermside, Banyo, Clayfield, Brighton, Warner, and Lawnton.
- Southern Suburbs
Including Sunnybank, Springwood, Parkinson, Crestmead, Runcorn, Archerfield, and Southern Moreton Bay.
- Ease - The best thing about getting someone to complete your tax return is that you don’t have to complete it yourself! The main reason for using a tax professional is to hand over, what is essentially a quite tricky thing, to someone who does it for a living.
- Accuracy - You want to get your tax return right first time, otherwise you risk penalties and more stress and work at a later date. If you’re unfamiliar with taxation, then you may be better served by using a service to ensure it is accurate.
- Deductions - The tax code is constantly changing, and each year different rules and regulations, and different deductions apply. Unless you feel like reading the tax guidelines for any given year, you could always choose to hand your return over to someone who does.
- Cost. The only downside really is the cost. If you want to use a tax service, then you have to pay for a tax service. Be sure to check out our free guides to tax providers available across Australia, where we mention who does what and for how much.
- Ensure that they are certified with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). This is the national register of companies that are allowed to provide tax advice.
- Ensure that they have professionals dedicated to my type of return. For example, business tax, trust tax or individual tax.
- Ask about what deductions you are entitled to.
- Ask about their fees and if there are any hidden charges.
- Ask about the key dates and timings of my return.
- When the process is complete, as your agent if there is anything you could do better for next year. For example, keeping more receipts or maximising deductions.
If you’re looking for a tax service in Brisbane, you’re in luck. We’ve previewed some of the best services available nationwide, so be sure to browse through our free, unbiased guides.