Compare tax accountants in Adelaide to maximise your tax return.
Adelaide, the city of churches, is one of Australia’s largest cities and is home to over a million South Australians.
And come tax time, every resident will need to lodge a tax return. Some people use an accountant. However, a tax agent can also help you get the most back from the government. There are quite a few tax accountants in Adelaide you can use to maximise your tax return, but how do you find the right one? Look no further. We compare Adelaide tax agents.
Adelaide tax agents can help you find all your deductible expenses for the financial year to maximise your tax return. They have a look at all your deductible work related expenses for the year, which can be claimed back as a tax refund.
A tax agent must be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board to perform and charge a fee for their service. And registered tax practitioners, not just Adelaide tax agents, will need to work to a deadline. Your tax agent must lodge your tax return before a certain date in order to receive your tax refund — usually by the 31st of October.
Adelaide tax agents each perform different services. But most tax agents will help you prepare and lodge your tax return if you’re working for a company or if you’re working for yourself.Back to top
- The price. A registered Adelaide tax agent is able to charge a fee for their service. But not all tax agents charge the same price and some offer more bang for your buck. Be sure to compare the price of the tax agents service against the services on offer, and their previous reputation
- Services. What services will your tax agent actually perform for you? All tax agents in Adelaide will be able to prepare your return, applications and other documents; however, most tax agents will not perform services like preparing bank reconciliations or contracting the services of another professional or specialist to assist with your tax return. Be sure to confirm that the tax agent in Adelaide can help perform your required tasks before employing their services. You may need to see an accountant instead.
- Location. Where does your tax agent live? While you need to find the tax agent in Adelaide that offers the services that matches your needs, it can also be important that your tax agent is close to your home.
Adelaide is a beautiful and ever expanding city, you can find a registered tax agent in most metropolitan areas. We’ve covered some of the main areas where you can find an Adelaide Tax agents below.
The centre of town and the area where you’re likely to encounter a concentration of registered tax agents in Adelaide. Adelaide City has a population of about 20,000.
Not just the home of one of Adelaide’s famous footy teams, Port Adelaide is also home to a number of registered tax agents.
The metropolitan area of Salisbury is home to about 130,000 people. There’s a great selection of parks, cafes, restaurants in Salisbury, and registered tax agents, too.
Playford is to the north of Adelaide city and is the amalgamation of the City of Elizabeth and City of Munno Para. Although this area was originally planned as a satellite city to the north of Adelaide, it soon became the northern part of the city.
Although Mount Barker is just outside the Adelaide metropolitan area, registered tax agents from Mount Barker will take clients from all areas of Adelaide. This area of Adelaide is comprised of about 15 different suburbs.
Norwood Payneham & St Peters.
This part of metropolitan Adelaide is made up of about 20 different suburbs and has a population of about 40,000 people. The famous Australian cricketer, Sir Donald Bradman lived in this area of Adelaide. This may make for some good small talk with your tax agent next time you have a visit.
- Cheaper than an accountant. In many cases a registered tax agent in Adelaide will perform a smaller scope of tasks than an accountant. Using a tax agent to prepare and lodge your return is a good option if you don’t need the full range of services that an accountant can offer.
- Registered professionals. A tax agent must be registered in order to practice. Registration is a key sign that your tax agent can competently perform the necessary tax lodging services.
- Claim the cost back. In some cases, you may be able to claim the cost of your tax preparation as deduction itself.
- There’s a fee. Tax agents charge a fee for their service, and you may be able to find that with some computer software, you can do the job yourself.
- Limited services. Compared to the services of an accountant, a registered tax agent can only perform services related to preparing and lodging your tax return. If you need financial advice — say for your business structure — you need to seek the services of an accountant.
- Do I have show any receipts or records? Be sure to ask your tax agent whether you need to provide any receipts or records. Generally, you do not have to provide receipts or records of deductions you want to claim; however, it will help your tax agent if you can provide receipts for purchases.
- Can I speak to a previous client? If a tax agent is willing to provide general details about work they’ve done in the past, it’s a good sign that they’re a professional, rather than just a registered tax agent.
- What do I need to bring to the consultation? TIme is money, and if you can find out exactly what you need for your consultation, this may help reduce the need for repeat visits.
The tax system is complicated. It can take the services of a registered tax agent to ensure that you get the most back from the government. Adelaide tax agents can take the stress out of preparing and lodging your tax return so you can get the full refund in the new financial year.