ScotPac Business Finance review
Solve your cashflow problems with invoice financing up to $150,000,000, or a line of credit up to $500,000. Fees and charges apply.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
ScotPac Business Finance offers a range of products to help businesses expand, improve cash flow and raise working capital. These include invoice financing and selective invoice financing, trade finance and a line of credit. You can finance up to $150,000,000 of your invoices or you could fund one or more invoices when you need to, with a value up to $1,000,000. Interest rates start from 6.9% p.a., and your costs will include an arrangement fee and a service fee. With trade finance, you can pay your overseas and domestic suppliers, increase stock and payment terms or sell to overseas customers. Costs will depend on the type and duration of the services and facility you require.
Compare the ScotPac products below
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of business finance offered by ScotPac
Your business may be eligible for a number of ScotPac finance options, including the following:
- Invoice finance. This provides a line of credit that is linked to unpaid accounts receivable. It is available for businesses that issue invoices for delivered goods or services, and that have an annual turnover of more than $200,000.
- Selective invoice finance. This allows businesses to finance invoices on demand, with 95% of the value of the invoice paid within 24 hours. Unlike regular invoice finance, you can choose which invoices you wish to fund, with no lock-ins.
- Trade finance. This provides working capital for international imports and exports. For importers, it provides funds to cover the purchase of goods, while allowing time for them to be received and sold. For exporters, it is used as capital until payment is received from the overseas customer for the goods or services provided.
- Cashline. An alternative to a business overdraft, Cashline provides a confidential line of credit of 70% of outstanding accounts receivable, up to a limit of $500,000.
Pros and cons of a ScotPac business loan
ScotPac offers a variety of business loans and finance, so you should consider the specific benefits and drawbacks of each product before finding the one that is right for you.
- Range of financing options that cater to a variety of businesses
- Finance for both amounts receivable and payable
- Financing will increase to match growing revenues without the need to renegotiate the loan
- No real estate is generally required as security
- Minimum revenue limits on many products
- Lending criteria is strict on some products
What other products does ScotPac Business Finance offer?
Along with general commercial finance, ScotPac has other products to help manage your business accounting.
- Bad debt protection. You can add this protection to debtor finance to insulate your business from customer insolvency or other bad debts. ScotPac sets and manages your limits.
- Factoring. Also known as full service debtor financing, factoring provides a line of credit against accounts receivable and is available to limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Invoice discounting. This is a form of debtor finance where your business’s internal accounts department handles the accounting. You receive 85% of approved invoices upfront, minus fees, and the remaining 15% upon payment.
- Corporate credit line. This allows you to access 80% of approved receivables in advance and is offered to companies with an annual turnover of more than $5 million and an open item, computerised ledger.
- Supply chain finance. A combination of working finance from the point of payment to the supplier through to payment received from the customer. It covers a period of up to 180 days and may suit businesses that use overseas suppliers.
How to apply for a personal loan from ScotPac Business Finance
If you wish to apply for business finance from ScotPac, you can click “Go to site” above and follow the instructions to begin your application. The eligibility criteria will differ depending on the type of business finance you require, but you will generally need to provide details of the following:
- The industry your business is based in
- Revenue information
- How long your business has been trading
- Current tax position
- Any negative credit history
You can get online pre-approval or apply for a product by phone. ScotPac offers a range of business finance options that may help improve your business. You should always research a number of personal loan lenders and products before deciding on the option that is right for your business.
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert