How to get your dream job (no, seriously)
The podcast about making your dream job a reality
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What was your dream job when you were a kid? How did it change as you got older? On this episode of Pocket Money, we're putting the dream job in the interview seat and checking its resume.
We're speaking with some interesting characters to understand what makes us tick, how we can better think about our lives and our careers, and if the concept of a dream job actually exists in reality. Whether you're deciding how to choose a career or feel like you're at a dead end, this is the podcast for you.
And a very special thanks to our wonderful dreamers, Abigail, Toshan, Sriyan, Sophie, Lexi, Tim, Jai, Kara, Max and Lydia. The team at Finder wish you luck in your future careers!
Mentioned in this episode
- Jane Jackson, Career Management Coach
- Ben Southall's Best Life Adventures
- Phil Davis of the GWS Giants
- The GWS Giants play out of GIANTS Stadium in Sydney Olympic Park, for more visit giants.afl
- Book: Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Book: Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- The 2017 Imagination Report
- World Happiness Report 2017
- The highs and lows of being drafted into the AFL
- CHART: The Average NBA Player Will Make A Lot More In His Career Than The Other Major Sports
- Apollo 11 – Mission Day Audio – Day 1
- Guy Snares 'Best Job in the World' As Caretaker
- Tourism Queensland | The Best Job In The World [case study]
- Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
- Swimming sound
- Greatest after-siren goals through history | AFL
- Gary Vaynerchuk: Building Personal Brand Within the Social Media Landscape – Web 2.0 Expo NY
- Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
Additional sound and effects provided by Logic Pro Sound Library and Storyblocks
- Elastic Vibe by Viz Moran
- Daydream by Ian Locke
- Through The Fire by Michael Shynes
- Daydreaming by Ian Post
- Circus Clown by Ian Post
- Pocket Money Theme by Bamby Media
The Finder podcast is intended to provide you with tips, tools and strategies that will help you make better decisions. Although we're licensed and authorised, we (and our guests) aren't providing any form of financial or legal advice. So please consider your own situation and get proper advice about your individual circumstances before making any decisions based on anything in our show. Thanks for listening!
Have questions for the Pocket Money crew? Want to suggest a future episode idea? Hoping to speak with other curious Aussies sorting through their lives and their money? Join the Pocket Money private Facebook community for exclusive access and discussion about the show and all things money.
Pocket Money is hosted by Sally McMullen and Marc Terrano. The show is produced by Franko Ali. Editing and theme music from Brianna Ansaldo of Bamby Media.
Finder.com.au (ACL 385509. CAR 432664) is Australia's most popular comparison site. We like to help but understand that our podcast provides information, insight and entertainment, but it's not personal advice. Consider your own circumstances (or get advice) before you make any decision based on our general comments and commentary.
More guides on Finder
Podcast: Curveballs – how to stay resilient when the going gets tough
In this episode of Pocket Money, we talk about how to cope when life goes wrong, financially, emotionally or physically. From coronavirus to cancer, how can you learn to bounce back quicker and in better shape than ever?
Podcast: How to go green with your money
On this episode of the Pocket Money podcast, we have a crash course on how to do right by the planet with your finances.
Podcast: How much Australians are really spending on travel
On this episode of the Pocket Money podcast, we explore the relationship between our travel habits and our wallets, plus so much more.
Podcast: What does a financial adviser actually do?
What does a financial adviser actually do and when do you need one? On this episode of Pocket Money, we speak with Charlie Viola to find out.
Podcast: How to get a raise and negotiate your pay
Talking about money is an uncomfortable topic for most of us. But avoiding these awkward conversations could be setting our careers back. When it comes to negotiating our pay, things get complicated fast.
AFL’s Phil Davis on the hidden costs of being a pro athlete
Pocket Money's Marc Terrano and GWS Giants co-captain, Phil Davis and tackle the hidden costs of being a professional athlete.
Ask an Expert