Get a copy of your personal credit file or give your business a competitive edge in the marketplace by getting access to credit reports from Dun & Bradstreet.
Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) is a leading provider of commercial information for businesses. The company has a database on more than 205 million businesses around the world. In Australia, D&B provides quality database information on credit reporting and customer data. You can also get a copy of your personal credit file from D&B if you want to ensure your file is accurate or to check on any bad marks which may be present.
Type of services provided by Dun & Bradstreet
Credit reports allow individuals and companies to make informed decisions when deciding to lend money to customers. D&B has a variety of reports on their database. These include:
- Commercial reports – whether you want to confirm a company’s existence or conduct a thorough financial analysis on a company, D&B has the information on their database.
- Personal reports – this is designed for people who want to see their credit reports. It allows you to check your file for accuracy.
- Consumer reports – businesses can ask for the consumer report to get credit recommendations. You’ll be able to see the credit inquiries done by a prospective customer over the last five years.
- Country risk reports – get economic forecasts, analysis and payment trends for over 131 countries. This also lets you check on the performance of individual companies based on the marketplace.
Sales and marketing
D&B offers a range of solutions in sales and marketing. The company uses its extensive database to help companies develop effective solutions that are based on business records and customer insights. This service enables companies to minimise their risks by creating campaigns that are highly targeted. Among the services under this category include:
- Marketing – helps businesses create data-driven strategies. D&B also offers campaign management and insight and planning services.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)– this includes CRM audits, business intelligence and CRM integration
- Sales Management – involves territory planning and sales intelligence
As a global risk management company, D&B utilises sophisticated technology to collect outstanding debts from customers. Creditors are updated in real time about the status of payments due. Their system is flexible enough to accommodate businesses that have high-volume, low-value debts and high-value debts.
Compare risk management providers
Writers can ignore this section.
How to compare risk management services
- Directories – D&B has directories in more regions compared to other credit management agencies in Australia. This is because they have access to databases in North America, Europe and Asia. If your business is focus solely on the Australian market, you may not need these features.
- Value – be sure to ask for quotes from different credit management providers before making your decision because the price difference can be significant. Take note that some companies specialise in one area such as debt collection. You can choose two or more providers based on the value they can provide for each service.
- Quality – at the end of the day, you want to see results. Determine if the provider has a track record of meeting customer expectation. The quality of their database also matters. It is important to have access to the latest information.
Things to consider
Credit management providers offer a varying mix of services. In general, they will all provide credit reports but the information in these reports can vary. For example, Tasmanian Collection Service specialises in the Tasmanian region so the reports are geographically-limited but these would contain the latest information. On the other hand, there are larger credit management providers that have access to broader databases. However, these may not be as specialised.
It is also important to take cost into consideration. The debt collection services offered by these agencies have different price points. Some are tailored to large enterprises while others can be beneficial for small business. Ask each company for a quote to get the specifics of the value they provide. Ultimately, each credit management provider has a unique selling point. It all comes down to how well their services will meet your business requirements. It is also important to take cost into consideration.