Brighte 0% interest payment plan
Want to improve your home? Brighte may be able to help with an zero-interest payment plan.
Brighte provides a zero-interest platform for home and energy improvements. If you’ve wanted to install solar panels or a new air conditioner but haven’t had the money to get these products for your home outright, you can consider Brighte.
Find out more about the platform in this review.
Interest rate (p.a.)
Min. loan amount
Max. loan amount
How does Brighte work?
If you're eligible, you can apply to get pre-approved on the Brighte website. Once approved, you can access a variety of Brighte-accredited vendors to buy products from with zero-interest. The vendors that are available through Brighte cover a range of household needs such as solar panels, roofing and flooring.
Brighte offers different finance options, depending on the selected vendor. Zero-interest options typically range from $1,000 to $30,000 for homeowners with terms from 6 to 60 months. If you're looking for longer loan term options, Brighte Green Loan and Brighte Personal Loan are available. However, they are not interest-free.
Features of shopping with Brighte
Brighte offers a range of features, including:
- Access to a variety of vendors. Once you’ve been pre-approved, you have access to a variety of home and energy improvement vendors.
- Fast approval process. The online application and approval process is very quick and automated to ensure you get a response as quickly as possible.
- 0% interest payment plan amounts. Brighte offers 0% interest payment plans for home and energy purchases from $1,000 to $30,000 for homeowners.
- Varying repayment terms. As Brighte has a variety of vendors to choose from, the repayment terms for each service you get through Brighte will have different repayment terms, but on average, terms range from 6 to 60 months. It is important you check what they are before choosing a vendor.
- Reuse available. When you have an active Brighte 0% interest payment plan, you can apply to reuse the amount already repaid or increase your limit, subject to Brighte's lending criteria and fees.
- Repay early. You can make additional repayments at no extra cost via the BrightePay app or by phone.
How much will this cost?
There are a few fees that are associated with Brighte. These include:
- Accounting keeping fee. There is an account keeping fee of $1 per week included in fortnightly repayments.
- Late payment fee. A $4.99 late payment fee may be charged by Brighte if you are unable to make a payment. Late fees are capped at $49.90 per calendar year.
It’s important to keep these fees in mind before signing up with an account from Brighte. There is no interest added to the repayments and no fees will be deducted until the work is completed on your property.
How to sign up with Brighte
Signing up with Brighte is simple. Seek out a vendor that has been accredited by Brighte and then choose Brighte as the payment method for the service. If you're eligible, you then complete and submit a Brighte 0% interest payment plan application. Standard eligibility criteria includes that you:
- Are a homeowner or are currently purchasing a home
- Are aged over 18
- Have valid ID (driver's license, passport or Medicare card)
- Are an Australian permanent resident or citizen
- Have a bank account in your name
- Are employed for more than 25 hours per week, are a self-funded retiree or are receiving the Government Age Pension
- Have a good credit history
- Are using Brighte for home improvements being done in Australia
Once your application is submitted, Brighte will assess the application in accordance with its credit approval criteria.
If you're approved and installation has been completed, Brighte will settle your account with the vendor and your automatic fortnightly repayments will begin.