AmpolCard fuel card
Earn up to 150,000 bonus Everyday Rewards points and save on fuel with the AmpolCard (previously known as the Caltex StarCard).
When you apply for the AmpolCard by 31 July 2021, link your Everyday Rewards account and spend $400 on eligible products each month, you'll earn a bonus 15,000 points for that month (up to a maximum of 150,000 bonus points in the first 10 months). That's enough for $750 off a shop at Woolworths or 75,000 Qantas Points.
The AmpolCard is designed to help small businesses get extra value from their fuel purchases and car costs, with savings of up to 4 cents per litre on fuel. The card is accepted at over 1,900 service stations around Australia, including both Ampol locations and Caltex locations that are yet to be transitioned to the Ampol brand.
Benefits of an AmpolCard
- Up to 150,000 bonus Everyday Rewards points. If you apply as a new customer by 31 July 2021 and link your Everyday Rewards card to your AmpolCard account, you can earn a bonus 15,000 points each month (for the first 10 months) when you spend $400 on eligible products in that month. Eligible spending covers items purchased with the card at participating Ampol locations. This includes petrol, diesel, in-store purchases and services and repairs. Exclusions include cigarettes and tobacco, handset kits and purchases from third-party outlets at Ampol service stations (eg. Boost Juice or Guzman y Gomez). Allow 6-8 weeks after each monthly spend criteria has been met for the points to be credited to your Everyday Rewards Account.
- Everyday Rewards points on eligible spending. Use the AmpolCard at participating Ampol locations and you'll earn 2 points per litre on premium fuel, 1 point per litre on regular fuel and 1 point per $1 spent in-store and on servicing. To start earning Everyday Rewards points, you'll need to link your accounts.
- Save on fuel costs. AmpolCard members will save 4 cents per litre on Amplify Premium petrol, 3 cents per litre on Amplify Premium diesel and 2 cents per litre on regular petrol and diesel. You’ll also save 10% on packaged engine oils and 5% on secured parking.
- Track corporate vehicle costs. If you use the AmpolCard, all of your vehicle expenses will be tracked in a single, ATO-approved monthly statement. Plus, paperless expense management for MYOB and Xero.
- Online account. You can manage your AmpolCard account online with myAmpol, or through the Ampol app.
How to apply for the AmpolCard
If you're a director, partner, owner or trustee, you can apply for the AmpolCard online. Make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the relevant information handy before you begin your application.
- New customers. The bonus points offer is only available to new business customers. So if you hold an AmpolCard or StarCard account or have had one in the past 12 months, you won't be eligible for this offer.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Position in business. You must be the business owner, or a director, partner or trustee of the business to apply for this card.
- Purpose of card. You're only eligible to get an AmpolCard if it will be used wholly or predominantly for business purposes.
You will need to provide the following details during the application:
- Your ABN
- Your driver’s licence
- Details of the directors, partners and trustees
- Your bank account details
Also note that popular, optional services have been pre-selected on the application form. Make sure you read details of these services carefully and uncheck any that are not appropriate for your circumstances. If you're applying on behalf of a company or trust, you will also need to sign a Deed of Guarantee, Indemnity and Charge, which is sent to you after the application is submitted.
The AmpolCard can help you get extra value and rewards from your corporate car costs. Although the $35.40 annual fee is relatively small, make sure that the value of the membership outweighs these costs before you apply.Back to top