Scottish Pacific Business Finance review
Compare business finance options from this specialist advisor.
Scottish Pacific Business Finance was established in 1988 and is now one of the largest independent providers of cash flow finance in Australia and New Zealand. It offers a range of products to help businesses expand, improve cash flow and raise working capital, including invoice finance.
Compare the Scottish Pacific products below
Types of business finance offered by Scottish Pacific
Your business may be eligible for a number of Scottish Pacific finance options, including the following:
- Invoice finance. This provides a line of credit that is linked to unpaid accounts receivable. It is available for businesses that issue invoices for delivered goods or services, and that have an annual turnover of more than $200,000.
- Selective invoice finance. This allows businesses to finance invoices on demand, with 95% of the value of the invoice paid within 24 hours. Unlike regular invoice finance, you can choose which invoices you wish to fund, with no lock-ins.
- Trade finance. This provides working capital for international imports and exports. For importers, it provides funds to cover the purchase of goods, while allowing time for them to be received and sold. For exporters, it is used as capital until payment is received from the overseas customer for the goods or services provided.
- Cashline. An alternative to a business overdraft, Cashline provides a confidential line of credit of 70% of outstanding accounts receivable, up to a limit of $500,000.
Pros and cons of a Scottish Pacific business loan
Scottish Pacific offers a variety of business loans and finance, so you should consider the specific benefits and drawbacks of each product before finding the one that is right for you.
- Range of financing options that cater to a variety of businesses
- Finance for both amounts receivable and payable
- Financing will increase to match growing revenues without the need to renegotiate the loan
- No real estate is generally required as security
- Minimum revenue limits on many products
- Lending criteria is strict on some products
What other products does Scottish Pacific Business Finance offer?
Along with general commercial finance, Scottish Pacific has other products to help manage your business accounting.
- Bad debt protection. You can add this protection to debtor finance to insulate your business from customer insolvency or other bad debts. Scottish Pacific sets and manages your limits.
- Factoring. Also known as full service debtor financing, factoring provides a line of credit against accounts receivable and is available to limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Invoice discounting. This is a form of debtor finance where your business’s internal accounts department handles the accounting. You receive 85% of approved invoices upfront, minus fees, and the remaining 15% upon payment.
- Corporate credit line. This allows you to access 80% of approved receivables in advance and is offered to companies with an annual turnover of more than $5 million and an open item, computerised ledger.
- Supply chain finance. A combination of working finance from the point of payment to the supplier through to payment received from the customer. It covers a period of up to 180 days and may suit businesses that use overseas suppliers.
How to apply for a personal loan from Scottish Pacific Business Finance
If you wish to apply for business finance from Scottish Pacific, you can click “Go to site” above and follow the instructions to begin your application. The eligibility criteria will differ depending on the type of business finance you require, but you will generally need to provide details of the following:
- The industry your business is based in
- Revenue information
- How long your business has been trading
- Current tax position
- Any negative credit history
You can get online pre-approval or apply for a product by phone. Scottish Pacific offers a range of business finance options that may help improve your business. You should always research a number of personal loan lenders and products before deciding on the option that is right for your business.
Ask an Expert