The buy now, pay later solution for large purchases. Buy up to $20,000 and pay zero interest. Repeat purchase fees apply.
Payright claims that it bridges the gap between Afterpay and Zip Pay by offering a solution to customers who wish to make large purchases. Payright offers interest-free purchasing power up to $20,000 as well as longer repayment periods. With two payment plans, you can choose how you want to pay and stagger your repayments over a longer period. Establishment fees vary between $59.95 and $89.95, with a monthly account-keeping fee of $3.50. There is also a processing fee of $2.95 and a repeat purchase fee of $19.95.
How does Payright work?
Like most buy now pay later solutions, Payright allows you to buy your purchases right away while letting you spread the cost over a manageable period of time. You do not have to pay interest, but you will need to pay an establishment fee at set-up as well as a monthly account-keeping fee and a payment-processing fee.
- Online. You can buy items online via the website of a partnered retail store. Simply select Payright as a payment method at checkout.
- In-store. You can also use Payright when purchasing in-store, but you will need to ask participating merchants if they offer Payright.
Payright sets an initial deposit amount based on the amount of the purchase. You can agree to this deposit or pay a higher amount in order to make their purchase. The remaining cost is spread over a varying period of time. Merchants are paid in full on the same day of purchase.
Features of Payright
- Interest-free payments. You pay 0% interest on your repayments when purchasing with Payright.
- Up to $20,000 purchasing power. You can make big purchases and spread the cost over a manageable period of time.
- Refunds available. If you're not happy with your purchase, you can still refund it and get your money back (excluding paid purchasing fees).
- Repeat purchasing available. Get access to two payment plans at once and pay only one establishment fee (repeat purchasing fee applies).
- Fast application. Applications are online and in-store through your nominated merchant and only take a few minutes to complete.
- Instant approval. If you are eligible for Payright based on their terms and conditions, you will be approved instantly upon submitting an application.
- No early payment penalties. If you want to pay off your balance early or make extra repayments, you won't be charged.
- Direct debit payments. Your repayments will be charged directly from your nominated bank account.
- Broad reaching products/services. From home improvement and photography to dental, health and beauty, Payright is partnered with a wide range of merchants.
- Expanding merchant base. More and more companies are signing up every day.
- Cancel anytime. You can cancel your Payright account whenever you want.
- Freedom for customers. As a merchant, you can make your purchases more accessible to your clientele and still be paid in full on the same day.
How much does Payright cost?
Payright doesn't charge any interest on purchases, but there are some fees and charges.
- Establishment fee. At set-up with your chosen merchant, you will be required to pay an establishment fee of between $59.95 and $89.95 depending on the price of the purchase.
- Monthly fee. There is a monthly account-keeping fee of $3.50.
- Payment processing fee. You'll need to pay a fee of $2.95 when you make a purchase.
- Late payment fee. If you miss a payment, you will be required to pay a fee of $12.95.
- Default penalty. If you do not pay a late payment (plus fee) within seven days, you will default on your repayments. A fee of $29.95 will be incurred if further action against you is required.
- Repeat purchase fee. If you choose to set up more than one payment plan, you won't need to pay more than one establishment fee, but you will have to pay a $19.95 repeat purchase fee.
How to sign up with Payright
If you are a merchant that wishes to partner with Payright, you can sign up through its website. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your name and address
- Your business's name and website
- Your ABN/ACN
- Your business data – what service do you provide?
- Total annual sales information
- Your ecommerce platform information
If you are a customer who wants to sign up with Payright, you can also sign up through its website via a nominated merchant or in-store. You will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian permanent resident or citizen
- Have a valid ID
- Be 18 years old or above
- Have regular employment
Is Payright safe?
Payright is committed to responsible lending and conducts a credit check on all applicants prior to approving their application. Payright also claims to only partner with reputable merchants.
Payright complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and protects your personal information.